Knoxville Restaurants

We don't go out for V-day -- after only New Year's Eve, it's the second-worst day to go to a nice restaurant. I usually cook something nice at home.

For the weekend, consider J.C. Holdway, Oliver Royale, or Emilia in the downtown area. Any of the three should suit your better half.
I wanted to try JC, but they were fully booked.

We don't go out for V-day -- after only New Year's Eve, it's the second-worst day to go to a nice restaurant. I usually cook something nice at home.

For the weekend, consider J.C. Holdway, Oliver Royale, or Emilia in the downtown area. Any of the three should suit your better half.

Don't forget Mother's Day....:)

Third* worst holiday.

It's like no one ever learned last year.

Y'all, I hate to say it but that 15 dollar ramen dish at Oliver/Peter Kern is really, really damned good.
tenor.gif

Suttrees has a killer ramen.

Have you been there recently? Does Grier (sp?) still bartend there? He's always been real cool, and I remember when he worked on the strip at Half Barrel when I was still at UT.

It's been since the UMBC v Virginia game last year since I've visited. It was hilarious seeing a table of UVA fans leave at halftime.

Have you been there recently? Does Grier (sp?) still bartend there? He's always been real cool, and I remember when he worked on the strip at Half Barrel when I was still at UT.

It's been since the UMBC v Virginia game last year since I've visited. It was hilarious seeing a table of UVA fans leave at halftime.

Naw, man. Grier hasn't been with that group for years. He ran things over at Clancy's after leaving Suttree's, and last I spoke with him he's back with the Half Barrel/Fieldhouse group running both places.

Wow this thread went to the back page. I just recently started working in Oak Ridge and wondered what I need to check out. I’ve been to Big Ed’s for years just not super familiar with the area. TIA

Not exactly Knoxville, but there's a semi new place in Sevierville called Graze Burgers that is fantastic. I've had it twice already. It's very similar to Stock and Barrel, where it has a ton of different bourbons, whiskies, and craft beers.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
Billy's ain't too shabby as far as a deli/burger type place in Oak Ridge. Its a pretty focused menu, so Other One obviously has a lot more variety, but there's a reason Billy's has been there forever.

Reactions: bigdaddy
Billy's ain't too shabby as far as a deli/burger type place in Oak Ridge. Its a pretty focused menu, so Other One obviously has a lot more variety, but there's a reason Billy's has been there forever.

They are both awesome. Throw in Magic Wok by Jackson Square and Hibachi Pizza in Oliver Springs and you are cookin with fire.

Reactions: WallyBalls
They are both awesome. Throw in Magic Wok by Jackson Square and Hibachi Pizza in Oliver Springs and you are cookin with fire.

All of those places have contributed mightily to my Oak Ridge tumor (gut...for those not in the DOE world)...and I'm glad they have.

Also, I can't hear Magic Wok and not think "What I cook for you today?!" in Ms Betty's voice.

Reactions: bignewt

VN Store

Back