Knoxville Restaurants

VolGee4

I am coming into town for my first game in 3 years. I am taking my 8 year old to his first game and also coming with my Dad. My Dad has always enjoyed a good meal and either a glass of wine or beer. I enjoy local drafts.

I was going to give him options of either Market Square or maybe Chesapeake’s (if we wanted a nicer meal). Any suggestions? We aren’t looking for a steakhouse or a high dollar meal. Just a solid menu with choices for kids, too.

Thanks.

bigdaddy

The Bull3tspung
Staff member
I’m not a huge fan of the beer but many like Cherokee which is Copper Cellar/Chesapeake’s and I know Copper Cellar has a decent priced menu and kids options. There is one on campus and one in West Knox. I’m not as sure about Chesapeake’s as I haven’t been there with my kid.

As for the square/gay street, downtown grill and brewery is a good option or maybe Not Watson’s on the square. Tommy Trents is brand newish but I didn’t see any kids there both times I went pregame. Blue Coast is hit and miss for me on the food but decent overall. Hope this helps

kiddiedoc

Renaissance Man
Staff member
I am coming into town for my first game in 3 years. I am taking my 8 year old to his first game and also coming with my Dad. My Dad has always enjoyed a good meal and either a glass of wine or beer. I enjoy local drafts.

I was going to give him options of either Market Square or maybe Chesapeake’s (if we wanted a nicer meal). Any suggestions? We aren’t looking for a steakhouse or a high dollar meal. Just a solid menu with choices for kids, too.

Thanks.
If you want to stay in the "moderately-priced" range, you might consider Cafe 4 or Tupelo Honey on Market Square. I've never had a bad meal at either, and they won't break the bank.

Cafe 4

Tupelo Honey

If you want to step up a notch, there are a handful of nicer (and more expensive) restaurants nearby. Highest marks from me go to J.C. Holdway, Oliver Royale, Emilia, and Lonesome Dove.

VolGee4

Thanks for the suggestions. I have actually been to Tupelo Honey in Knoxville, Johnson City, and Asheville. Always had a good meal. I am just not familiar with any of the newer places in and around Market Square. Some of those locations seem to turn over frequently.

davethevol

Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful......
Just tried Connor’s last night and I wasn’t as impressed as I hoped. I had a ribeye, and it was very chewy. I’ve had more tender ribeyes at the Chop House. Nothing there wowed me.

kiddiedoc

Renaissance Man
Staff member
Just tried Connor’s last night and I wasn’t as impressed as I hoped. I had a ribeye, and it was very chewy. I’ve had more tender ribeyes at the Chop House. Nothing there wowed me.
How did you order it? Ribeyes can be tricky, and in my experience, they need to go a little beyond medium rare to render the fat (assuming you have a nicely-marbled cut). A prime ribeye cooked correctly is my guilty pleasure.

davethevol

Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful......
How did you order it? Ribeyes can be tricky, and in my experience, they need to go a little beyond medium rare to render the fat (assuming you have a nicely-marbled cut). A prime ribeye cooked correctly is my guilty pleasure.
I ordered it medium. It was definitely well-marbled. I’ve acutually had better ribeyes at O’Charleys of all places. I rarely eat steak out because I can usually cook it better myself, but I figured since they’re supposed to be known for their steaks that I’d give it a shot. The add-ons of blue cheese butter with a red wine reduction were incredible though.

VN Store

Sponsors