Knoxville Restaurants

I thought that but don't buy it. I don't think you can common law trademark a single word like "stock". Stock and Barrel would only trademark "Stock and Barrel".

Auto Zone was Auto Shack before Radio Shack made them drop “shack” from their name

I thought that but don't buy it. I don't think you can common law trademark a single word like "stock". Stock and Barrel would only trademark "Stock and Barrel".
I didn’t say it was a trademark issue. I think the owner did it of their own volition due to the confusion.

I like the place but The Burgers is about as generic a name as you could pick. Fish basket is excellent

I am coming into town for my first game in 3 years. I am taking my 8 year old to his first game and also coming with my Dad. My Dad has always enjoyed a good meal and either a glass of wine or beer. I enjoy local drafts.

I was going to give him options of either Market Square or maybe Chesapeake’s (if we wanted a nicer meal). Any suggestions? We aren’t looking for a steakhouse or a high dollar meal. Just a solid menu with choices for kids, too.

Thanks.

I’m not a huge fan of the beer but many like Cherokee which is Copper Cellar/Chesapeake’s and I know Copper Cellar has a decent priced menu and kids options. There is one on campus and one in West Knox. I’m not as sure about Chesapeake’s as I haven’t been there with my kid.

As for the square/gay street, downtown grill and brewery is a good option or maybe Not Watson’s on the square. Tommy Trents is brand newish but I didn’t see any kids there both times I went pregame. Blue Coast is hit and miss for me on the food but decent overall. Hope this helps

I am coming into town for my first game in 3 years. I am taking my 8 year old to his first game and also coming with my Dad. My Dad has always enjoyed a good meal and either a glass of wine or beer. I enjoy local drafts.

I was going to give him options of either Market Square or maybe Chesapeake’s (if we wanted a nicer meal). Any suggestions? We aren’t looking for a steakhouse or a high dollar meal. Just a solid menu with choices for kids, too.

Thanks.

If you want to stay in the "moderately-priced" range, you might consider Cafe 4 or Tupelo Honey on Market Square. I've never had a bad meal at either, and they won't break the bank.

Cafe 4

Tupelo Honey

If you want to step up a notch, there are a handful of nicer (and more expensive) restaurants nearby. Highest marks from me go to J.C. Holdway, Oliver Royale, Emilia, and Lonesome Dove.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have actually been to Tupelo Honey in Knoxville, Johnson City, and Asheville. Always had a good meal. I am just not familiar with any of the newer places in and around Market Square. Some of those locations seem to turn over frequently.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
Even though this is a Knoxville thread, I’ve got to mention a place in Chattanooga that I tried last night: The Chatterbox Cafe. They have some of the best bbq I’ve ever had in my life.

Menu - Chatter Box Cafe

Just tried Connor’s last night and I wasn’t as impressed as I hoped. I had a ribeye, and it was very chewy. I’ve had more tender ribeyes at the Chop House. Nothing there wowed me.

Just tried Connor’s last night and I wasn’t as impressed as I hoped. I had a ribeye, and it was very chewy. I’ve had more tender ribeyes at the Chop House. Nothing there wowed me.

For some reason I always get seafood at Connors.

I always get the prime rib and it’s teh best in town.

How did you order it? Ribeyes can be tricky, and in my experience, they need to go a little beyond medium rare to render the fat (assuming you have a nicely-marbled cut). A prime ribeye cooked correctly is my guilty pleasure.

How did you order it? Ribeyes can be tricky, and in my experience, they need to go a little beyond medium rare to render the fat (assuming you have a nicely-marbled cut). A prime ribeye cooked correctly is my guilty pleasure.
I ordered it medium. It was definitely well-marbled. I’ve acutually had better ribeyes at O’Charleys of all places. I rarely eat steak out because I can usually cook it better myself, but I figured since they’re supposed to be known for their steaks that I’d give it a shot. The add-ons of blue cheese butter with a red wine reduction were incredible though.

VN Store

Back