Knoxville Restaurants

Looking for a family style restaurant we went to a LONG time ago. It was a giant white building almost looked like a barn...but had glass enclosure on 1 end. May have also had a store attached.

They brought food to the tables in bowls to be shared. Anyone have ANY idea what the name might be. It wasn't in town but also wasnt too far out.

Looking for a family style restaurant we went to a LONG time ago. It was a giant white building almost looked like a barn...but had glass enclosure on 1 end. May have also had a store attached.

They brought food to the tables in bowls to be shared. Anyone have ANY idea what the name might be. It wasn't in town but also wasnt too far out.

Helma's maybe ?

Helma's maybe ?

Looking at photos...don't think that's it.

Wife belives it has apple in the title. I googled and found a couple...but none serve family style. Anyone know if Applewood Farmhouse Grill used to be family style?

We both also remember it being off a main road but down a long driveway with a wooded area behind it.

Last edited:
Looking at photos...don't think that's it.

Wife belives it has apple in the title. I googled and found a couple...but none serve family style. Anyone know if Applewood Farmhouse Grill used to be family style?

We both also remember it being off a main road but down a long driveway with a wooded area behind it.

That sounds like the Apple Barn in Sevierville

Reactions: 1 person
Ive never been and grew up in sevier county, how bad is that

I haven't been in a long time but my parents were there in January. Their glowing review was to "skip it". I don't know if they tried the cider or the pie though.

I haven't been in a long time but my parents were there in January. Their glowing review was to "skip it". I don't know if they tried the cider or the pie though.

I think I ate there twice in the past couple of years, and it was pretty average. I definitely wouldn’t go out of my way to recommend it.

Big Kahuna is opening another location in Montvue Plaza next to WestTown mall. Coming soon.

Last edited:
New sports bar opening in Market Square by fall and Blackhorse will have a Gay Street location. Add Clinch River brewery to that and the beer will be a flowin' downtown soon!

VN Store

Back