Knoxville Restaurants

Double Dogs is nice on Kingston at Eb but I wish they would have put it downtown. It has garage doors for open air that stare at a closed BiLo and the heart of commercial suburbia

Great. Downtown needs another brewery. /bluefont

Does anyone else get incredibly sick or get terrible headaches after drinking any of the beer at downtown grill and brewery?

I've asked others who've been there, and they've all replied that they usually wake up the next day feeling awful after drinking just a single beer.

Does anyone else get incredibly sick or get terrible headaches after drinking any of the beer at downtown grill and brewery?

I've asked others who've been there, and they've all replied that they usually wake up the next day feeling awful after drinking just a single beer.

I don't recall ever feeling bad. I'm a fan of their White Mule and Altbier.

To answer this question it has to do with the imprurities that arenpresent in micro brews. Also they are more potent than your 3.2 bottle beer. I drink the alt and from time to time I have a headache

All that being said I think that Calhoun’s, Balter, and Elkmont are all dishwater for beers. Not a fan at all.

I haven’t been there in years, but I usually felt bad the next day after having just a couple beers there and just assumed it was me.

I don’t think that’s true at all.

Abridged and Crafty Bastard are still doing lots of various styles and flavors. And the former has great burgers.

I somewhat agree with whomever mentioned Balter and Elkmont beers, though I probably wouldn’t be as harsh. I think they’re decent enough, but in the case of Elkmont, there’s too many. Both have good food.

Hexagon and Last Days of Autumn aren’t spectacular, but drinkable. Alliance isn’t that great.

Or they haven't cleaned their tap lines in years.

This is actually the very thing that I heard. I stopped in at Suttree's and asked one of the bartenders about downtown grill and brewery, and asked if he's heard about people feeling awful after drinking their beers. I was told that it's because their lines are dirty and don't get cleaned. I thought that it might have just been hearsay, but sounds like there's something to that rumor.

This is actually the very thing that I heard. I stopped in at Suttree's and asked one of the bartenders about downtown grill and brewery, and asked if he's heard about people feeling awful after drinking their beers. I was told that it's because their lines are dirty and don't get cleaned. I thought that it might have just been hearsay, but sounds like there's something to that rumor.

FYI Suttree's ramen is ambrosia from the gods.

It's possible. Normally distributors send out line-cleaners bi-weekly or thereabouts. There's no dedicated line-cleaner schedule when you're making your own beer.

I don’t think that’s true at all.

Abridged and Crafty Bastard are still doing lots of various styles and flavors. And the former has great burgers.

I somewhat agree with whomever mentioned Balter and Elkmont beers, though I probably wouldn’t be as harsh. I think they’re decent enough, but in the case of Elkmont, there’s too many. Both have good food.

Hexagon and Last Days of Autumn aren’t spectacular, but drinkable. Alliance isn’t that great.

Maybe dishwater was a bit much, I stand corrected.

According to management, they clean the lines after each batch.

It's possible. Normally distributors send out line-cleaners bi-weekly or thereabouts. There's no dedicated line-cleaner schedule when you're making your own beer.

There’s also companies who will do it for you, separate of the distributors.

Yeah, we're going to need to hear that please.

I used to pass by that place for work several times a month for work (sales). I would travel to Gatlinburg/pigeon forge/Gatlinburg to make sales calls. I would stop and get a chocolate ice cream cone many times. One day I stopped and got my cone. Started down the road and ate a few bites, probably about half. I took another bite and discovered not a single hair but a whole hair ball. Literally a golf ball sized hair ball. It had to be in there during the process of making the ice cream. I noticed when she scooped it out the container was almost empty.

Normally I would have just thrown it away and went on about my business. I don't freak out about an occasional hair, it happens, but I felt like I needed to let them know before they served anyone else. So I turned around and told them about it. Never could bring myself to eat there again.

Reactions: 1 person
Anybody remember Tall Paul who used to play at O’Charleys on the Strip? I gave him $20 to play “Rock You Like a Hurricane” on a Monday night that we beat LSU in 2005. In retrospect it was in poor taste.

Anybody remember Tall Paul who used to play at O’Charleys on the Strip? I gave him $20 to play “Rock You Like a Hurricane” on a Monday night that we beat LSU in 2005. In retrospect it was in poor taste.

He’s still around playing covers I think. At least as of two years ago

VN Store

Back