key will be back playing next year on rocky top "my journey is not yet finished" facebook

I said months ago she could get 1 if she wanted it. ? is does key want to stay on rocky top more years than you can count with one hand? odds better for five years than six years you never know.

I know some want a pro prospect like jackson or two. but a few players like franklin who have one year left to play backup with skills nice to. great for practice having older players who give adavice. will not hurt recuiting for 24 or 25 class.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Great news the post is secure, now to the portal for speed and another consistent three shooter.
I see three-fifths of the starting lineup for 2023-2024 being Tamari, Jillian, and Tess. Stay tuned for the other two. (BTW, the LVs have plenty of ball yet to play this year. I think there we will see a deep run.) GBO.

I see three-fifths of the starting lineup for 2023-2024 being Tamari, Jillian, and Tess. Stay tuned for the other two. (BTW, the LVs have plenty of ball yet to play this year. I think there we will see a deep run.) GBO.
What’s a deep run look like to you? EE or FF?

Yeah, I don't know why people are bringing up the medical thing. Maybe they're getting greedy and want two more years. But in this case, I'd say "hey, you're getting an extra year, let's just be cool with that. Very, very cool with that."
Because that means she should have two full years of eligibility left if she chose to stay if that medical waiver was approved and the covid year. She should have that option if she is eligible for the medical waiver.

More than offense is needed this season.
Exactly. There is a reason Tennessee was one of the top defenses in the country the last 2 years holding opponents to around 30 percent. This season it is like 39%. The difference is Tamari Key isn't on the floor. When she is, our opponent's paint points are decreased tremendously and a lot more shots altered plus the guards can get up more into passing lanes and play straight up man defense because there is someone behind them to defend the drive if they get beat. Every coach in the league knows they have to adjust their offense and where their shots are coming from when Tamari Key is in the game.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't know why people are bringing up the medical thing. Maybe they're getting greedy and want two more years. But in this case, I'd say "hey, you're getting an extra year, let's just be cool with that. Very, very cool with that."

Because this is a message board and it's an interesting question... regardless of whether it's an option she would consider pursuing.

saw on facebook some posted from lady vols media it was from key! she said she her senior was cut short. she says she playing next year. she says lot more but she coming back ncaa record is safe next year. some post please. key "my journey is not yet finished"

She will be a major key to the success of next season's squad.

Hey, I’d be willing to increase my monthly donation to the Boost Her Club if they’d make it so we could help a Mama move from North Carolina to Knoxville, and then bring her younger daughter with her, and then for that younger daughter to join her older sis on the Lady Vols basketball team. 🤣🤗😂🧡

If Tamari can consistently add a little more offense to her game and Coach can find or squeeze 15 points a game more in productivity from those others rostered next year it could portend for a Lady Vol season we've been waiting for some time now.

Assuming she earns her degree, Jackson is almost certainly turning pro. She's more than ready for pro basketball, and would be one of the top
players taken in the draft--easily top 5. Yea, it would be great for the Vols if she came back--but don't know what she'd get out of it.

I always thought she was going to try to come back.

But there’s still no guarantee that 1) she will actually be cleared to play or 2) that she will be the same player she was before the clots if she is cleared to play.

UT doctors are not going to green light her to play again unless they’re sure they’ve crossed every T and dotted every I. It’s a potential life or death issue and they’re going to err on the side of caution, and they should.

Exactly. There is a reason Tennessee was one of the top defenses in the country the last 2 years holding opponents to around 30 percent. This season it is like 39%. The difference is Tamari Key isn't on the floor. When she is, our opponent's paint points are decreased tremendously and a lot more shots altered plus the guards can get up more into passing lanes and play straight up man defense because there is someone behind them to defend the drive if they get beat. Every coach in the league knows they have to adjust their offense and where their shots are coming from when Tamari Key is in the game.
Scoring Defense was 238th for 66.8 PPG this year (34 games). Hope it will be better in the tournament and It will definitely be better next year with Key!

I always thought she was going to try to come back.

But there’s still no guarantee that 1) she will actually be cleared to play or 2) that she will be the same player she was before the clots if she is cleared to play.

UT doctors are not going to green light her to play again unless they’re sure they’ve crossed every T and dotted every I. It’s a potential life or death issue and they’re going to err on the side of caution, and they should.

Apparently, she is back and doing fitness work some work on the court so it would seem that she has been cleared. Also, blood clots are very preventable with blood thinning meds and other methods, such as the regular use of compression in the legs. Not saying you are concern trolling but this gloomy and doomy take on great news is not necessary.

Last edited:
Apparently, she is back and doing fitness work some work on the court so it would seem that she has been cleared. Also, blood clots are very preventable with blood thinning meds and other methods, such as the regular use of compression in the legs. Not saying your concern trolling but this gloomy and doomy take on great news is not necessary.
I guarantee she's been cleared medically by every medical professional and more importantly, by her Mom. And she'll be monitored very, very closely. Would never have made this announcement if not 100% medically sure.

I'm hoping she'll be better than before the illness, with a renewed sense of purpose. And with way less pressure with an emerging star in Hollingshed and a very solid Striplin to play in tandem and/or back her up. Now TK can play without constant fear of fouls.

I guarantee she's been cleared medically by every medical professional and more importantly, by her Mom. And she'll be monitored very, very closely. Would never have made this announcement if not 100% medically sure.

I'm hoping she'll be better than before the illness, with a renewed sense of purpose. And with way less pressure with an emerging star in Hollingshed and a very solid Striplin to play in tandem and/or back her up. Now TK can play without constant fear of fouls.

I like the fact she is coming back , and hopefully for two years but one would appreciated !

Since this has happened to her …. I can’t help but wonder just how long has she been suffering with blood clots ? Was she affected last year ? Her whole time at UT ? Even in high school ?

I can’t help but believe….. now that she has been diagnosed…, TK may become the player that no one knew was possible ! JMO

VN Store

Back