key will be back playing next year on rocky top "my journey is not yet finished" facebook

Assuming she earns her degree, Jackson is almost certainly turning pro. She's more than ready for pro basketball, and would be one of the top
players taken in the draft--easily top 5. Yea, it would be great for the Vols if she came back--but don't know what she'd get out of it.

Maybe to repeat as NCAA champions?

Darby is very consistent....With Key down low she will get more open looks. And Justine will be ready as well.
What we need is another outside sniper, which I believe Pissott is, to pair with Darby. I hope Darby spends a lot of time shooting contested shots during the off season. With a little day light she is a pure shooter. We still need a point guard who is a true floor general and not a turnover waiting to happen.

Assuming she earns her degree, Jackson is almost certainly turning pro. She's more than ready for pro basketball, and would be one of the top
players taken in the draft--easily top 5. Yea, it would be great for the Vols if she came back--but don't know what she'd get out of it.
I know what she'd get - my house, my right arm, my firstborn.

I know you're right she'll most likely go. But I don't think it would be about money, just if she wants to do college ball one more year or move on. She would be a superstar in college next year and she doesn't seem to hate that. She has a chance to have the same coach for two seasons in a row for the first time. In my dream, they all want to come back and get it right this time. I mean they totally could.

As far as her game, w TK back RJ could play facing the basket more and not have to post up so much. Work on her long range shotT and her dang loosey goosey handle. That seems more what her pro game will be, can't see her posting much on some of those bigs. Still slash to rim, just not try to post.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jordy came back, esp w TK back. But would understand if she's ready to test out the world.

Brian R did what he called an unpaid public service announcement on his show yesterday detailing how crappy WNBA rookie pay is and strongly urging donations to Boost Her if we want to keep players. Made the good point that if you already make as much or more money in college, why not stay where everything is free - housing, food, trainers, better travel, everything. He did mention it would help with recruiting also but the main gist was keeping. Sounded like he thought keeping was a possibility for someone, . .

Made the good point that if you already make as much or more money in college, why not stay where everything is free - housing, food, trainers, better travel, everything. He did mention it would help with recruiting also but the main gist was keeping. Sounded like he thought keeping was a possibility for someone, . .

Plus, most pro players from prominent college programs will tell you that they never feel the level of “rock star” status as pros that they did in college. I would be extremely surprised if there was even one former Lady Vol — not even Candace — who wouldn’t agree.

At a school like Tennessee the kids get the best of everything. For free. And from people who love them and take care of them and still understand they will sometimes make mistakes because they are not professional athletes.

Turning pro isn’t always as glamorous as they think it’s going to be. I’ve heard dozens of pros talking about this.

But I do fully understand why a young person would be super attracted to the idea of not having to do class work anymore, or to having total personal freedom. That comes at a price, of course, but it sure does sound nice if you haven’t had it before!

I love all our players and only want them to be healthy and happy and have great lives. 🧡

At a school like Tennessee the kids get the best of everything. For free. And from people who love them and take care of them and still understand they will sometimes make mistakes because they are not professional athletes.
During one of the games last weekend one of the annoucers said Jill said playing at Tennessee was "magical". And to be the queen bee of that hive must be appealing.

Can I just say how much I love Jill btw. So thoughtful, soft spoken, even tempered.
But I do fully understand why a young person would be super attracted to the idea of not having to do class work anymore, or to having total personal freedom.
Definitely can see this. You've now been going to school for 16 or so straight years and are so ready to not anymore. I definitely felt that way. On the other hand, if you only lack say a semester or so and can take just enough classes to stay eligible and finish the degree you might not mind staying

Plus, most pro players from prominent college programs will tell you that they never feel the level of “rock star” status as pros that they did in college. I would be extremely surprised if there was even one former Lady Vol — not even Candace — who wouldn’t agree.

Turning pro isn’t always as glamorous as they think it’s going to be. I’ve heard dozens of pros talking about this.

But I do fully understand why a young person would be super attracted to the idea of not having to do class work anymore, or to having total personal freedom. That comes at a price, of course, but it sure does sound nice if you haven’t had it before!

I love all our players and only want them to be healthy and happy and have great lives. 🧡

Of course they don't have the same status when they move up to the pro level. That's a given since the pros are full of players who were stars in college.

Jackson does need to improve her ball-handling a bit. It's ok, but she dribbles the ball too high at speed, which makes it easier to steal or knock away. She needs to get lower when she's trying to dribble past a defender. Horston is a better ball-handler but she can get too high and lose the ball occasionally as well. It comes with being over 6' tall. Ball-handling is much like 1v1 defending: the lower you can get with your body, the better.

I love that we post up Jackson because it's a good way to take advantage of her skills. She is good at making a quick move to shake her defender and getting the shot off quickly. It's a good way to score if you've got a little space and only one defender on you.

I love that we post up Jackson because it's a good way to take advantage of her skills. She is good at making a quick move to shake her defender and getting the shot off quickly. It's a good way to score if you've got a little space and only one defender on you.
It's definitely our go to when we need to score and she does it amazingly except against much bigger, more elite defensive players. Absolutely torched Auburn in the second half, scored in the post at will. Against Edwards, Boston, even Angel, not so much. And I wouldn't think so in the pros. RJ is much too small, quick as heck but just at a huge weight disadvantage. Fortunately she's got plenty of other game.

Of course they don't have the same status when they move up to the pro level. That's a given since the pros are full of players who were stars in college.

Jackson does need to improve her ball-handling a bit. It's ok, but she dribbles the ball too high at speed, which makes it easier to steal or knock away. She needs to get lower when she's trying to dribble past a defender. Horston is a better ball-handler but she can get too high and lose the ball occasionally as well. It comes with being over 6' tall. Ball-handling is much like 1v1 defending: the lower you can get with your body, the better.

Rickea's fade away jumper is unguardable, unless you are a 6-7 defender with 7 foot wingspan like Griner. For everyone else, they can just watch and hope Rickea she misses.

I would love to see Rickea get more shots per game for that reason. On the flipside, the teams that have slowed Rickea down are those that can play very physical with her and keep her from getting to her spots down low for that $ fade away shot.

In the tournament, her mid-range game is going to be really important for that reason. I was really encouraged that she shot pretty well from 3 against SC. Having that threat in her arsenal, really makes it her tough to defend.

Last edited:

This is something I point out all the time about the commercialization and "pro-ification" of college athletics. There's an entire ocean of difference between supporting young people representing their school, versus professionals getting paid to perform a job. They're nothing alike - nothing.

You nailed it. All those things are possible, but the Boost-Her Club needs more donors.

I know what she'd get - my house, my right arm, my firstborn.

I know you're right she'll most likely go. But I don't think it would be about money, just if she wants to do college ball one more year or move on. She would be a superstar in college next year and she doesn't seem to hate that. She has a chance to have the same coach for two seasons in a row for the first time. In my dream, they all want to come back and get it right this time. I mean they totally could.

As far as her game, w TK back RJ could play facing the basket more and not have to post up so much. Work on her long range shotT and her dang loosey goosey handle. That seems more what her pro game will be, can't see her posting much on some of those bigs. Still slash to rim, just not try to post.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jordy came back, esp w TK back. But would understand if she's ready to test out the world.

Brian R did what he called an unpaid public service announcement on his show yesterday detailing how crappy WNBA rookie pay is and strongly urging donations to Boost Her if we want to keep players. Made the good point that if you already make as much or more money in college, why not stay where everything is free - housing, food, trainers, better travel, everything. He did mention it would help with recruiting also but the main gist was keeping. Sounded like he thought keeping was a possibility for someone, . .

Last edited:
You nailed it. All those things are possible, but the Boost-Her Club needs more donors.
I feel like they haven't done a good job communicating how all that works. How is donation $ distributed among the women athletes? Are they even interested in nickle and dime donations from regular folks? Can't they find a couple of big businessmen in need of a tax write off? Is that what the new NIL coordinator does? Like a development director?

I feel like they haven't done a good job communicating how all that works. How is donation $ distributed among the women athletes? Are they even interested in nickle and dime donations from regular folks? Can't they find a couple of big businessmen in need of a tax write off? Is that what the new NIL coordinator does? Like a development director?

You are correct. While I’m a member, it’s almost like a secret society! However, you can make minimal donations beginning at $5.00 month or a one time donation. IMO they haven’t done a very good job in marketing BoostHerClub.

Good news to hear for sure. Hope you’re fully healthy and ready to secure the paint at the Summitt next year young lady.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
glv98, before the day is over I just wanted second what you said above about Jillian. She's another one of those rare gems who actually make me get kinda teary-eyed when they do particularly well. I get all proud of her -- sorta like I think I'd probably feel to have a terrific granddaughter.

Speaking of tall girls clara vieitas sllva 6 6 portugals 16 under team lady vols looking her. lady vol facebook maria lady vol reporter. clara sofia can not find post now but i saw it. proballers stats pts 10.6 rebs 10 ast 2.7 blks 1.6 do not know how many teams are interested or how much ut is.

Last edited:
R Jackson is the main one we need to come back
Great news about Key returning and not trying to argue but why would Jackson remotely think about returning she is very ready for WNBA now Horston May return or may not. While I would enjoy them coming back out of the two Horston would be the one I think that would return

Great news about Key returning and not trying to argue but why would Jackson remotely think about returning she is very ready for WNBA now Horston May return or may not. While I would enjoy them coming back out of the two Horston would be the one I think that would return
Maybe they would think about coming back if they were making more money on an NIL deal and to further their education for free before moving into the "real world." Rookie Salarie isn't any different than an associate degree Registered Nurse at the end of the day. It is really quite sad what these athletes are paid, especially in the beginning. With limited roster spots, its not even assured that they make a roster, and then where are they?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Maybe they would think about coming back if they were making more money on an NIL deal and to further their education for free before moving into the "real world." Rookie Salarie isn't any different than an associate degree Registered Nurse at the end of the day. It is really quite sad what these athletes are paid, especially in the beginning. With limited roster spots, its not even assured that they make a roster, and then where are they?
Your rite what is sad is Tennis is only sport woman make as much as men really sad.

As discussed just above, times have changed, but crappy WNBA conditions haven't. In college at top programs, the best players can make equal or more money and have way better conditions, except the pesky problem of taking classes.

In the olden days, one reason for players to go pro was fear of getting injured before getting a chance to make money. Not anymore.

Really it's just a matter of whether they feel ready to take that next step in their lives. LOL, hope ours don't.

As discussed just above, times have changed, but crappy WNBA conditions haven't. In college at top programs, the best players can make equal or more money and have way better conditions, except the pesky problem of taking classes.

In the olden days, one reason for players to go pro was fear of getting injured before getting a chance to make money. Not anymore.

Really it's just a matter of whether they feel ready to take that next step in their lives. LOL, hope ours don't.
The NBA Backs the WNBA and the woman still get crappy pay. I personally don't follow the WNBA but I will watch during playoffs just as I do the NBA just mind boggling about the pay difference

VN Store

Back