Kevin Steele

I corrected your post for you. That's more accurate.

No sir. That is how you want to see it. Saban loves to read his quotes about character and not quitting and being tough and stepping up and being accountable as a player. He loves reading his own quotes so much that he won't even allow the President of the Miami Dolphins to talk to the media. He is an egomaniac with little to no courage. A good ball coach but an egomaniac. :salute:

You would be incorrect in that assesment. I know for a fact.

Yes his son was a factor but he was not ready to quit. He wanted to go for several more years. There is so much more to that story than you realize. The behind the scenes on CHGS was the beginning of the Alabama mafia.
Well, now I'm intrigued. Please, elaborate.

He will at least complete the eight years on the contract.

What's so magical about an Alabama contract? Didn't he leave the Dolphins with some time left on theirs? Was LSU the same?

If he is wildly successful at Bama, someone (probably South Lake in Texas) will offer $60M to do a turn around for their club. NS will deny it three times before a cock crows and then swear the experience of coaching a high school team is something he has always wanted to do.

He may be a great coach but he won't stick in Tuscaloosa.

Semantics my man, purely semantics. Human beings have a way of seeing things the way they want to. You hate ole buddy just proved to be human.

I think your continuing praise of Fulmer proves the same about you.

enlighten me.
Left Moeller High in Cincinnati to become the coach at Notre Dame in the early '80s. That was a total disaster. So was Bob Wade going straight from high school to Maryland to replace Lefty Driessel in the wake of the Len Bias death.

Well I was talking those two go to college as not head coaches but just posistional coaches then working up. Maybe not Don Woods he's to old to be working his way up but his brother is Sparky Woods.

The talent probably had something to do with that too.

Either way, the gist of my point was that we've had a lot of negatives lately regarding our football program. The 'bama hire of Saban was just as bad as our bowl loss.

Truer words have never been spoken. When Fulmer has to face a good coach with equal talent, Fulmer is in trouble and we start to see more of this on the sidelines... :clapping:

First of all, N. Satan is a very good coach/recruiter/communicator. What remains to be seen is if there will be a culture clash in Tuscaloosa. News at nine!!

First of all, N. Satan is a very good coach/recruiter/communicator. What remains to be seen is if there will be a culture clash in Tuscaloosa. News at nine!!
I keep reading this on non-Bama boards, but when you go to their boards it looks like the average Bama fans are happy that they seem to have a coach who is not a member of their good ole' boy network and who seems to have the backbone to stand down those guys. That is one of the reasons that I would like to see Phil replaced. IMO he is part of the Tennessee good ole' boy network, which includes a lot of people who care more about preserving their own jobs/power/prestige/etc. than they do about the success of the program.

I keep reading this on non-Bama boards, but when you go to their boards it looks like the average Bama fans are happy that they seem to have a coach who is not a member of their good ole' boy network and who seems to have the backbone to stand down those guys. That is one of the reasons that I would like to see Phil replaced. IMO he is part of the Tennessee good ole' boy network, which includes a lot of people who care more about preserving their own jobs/power/prestige/etc. than they do about the success of the program.

we can only dream of such a day.:eek:hmy:

That would actually be good for us. The Norm Chow lovefest is laughable. Exactly how badly did SC fall off when he left? That's right, they didn't. He's the Paris Hilton of football coaches.

How many National Championships does SC have since he left?

You would be incorrect in that assesment. I know for a fact.

Yes his son was a factor but he was not ready to quit. He wanted to go for several more years. There is so much more to that story than you realize. The behind the scenes on CHGS was the beginning of the Alabama mafia.

Talk about conspiracy theory...I agree with Hat on this...in fact I find myself agreeing with Hat on most of his posts. I'm glad to have new blood coming in...UT or not.

Not only are we happy we're ecstatic about having a coach with balls that runs the show totally. We haven't had that since CPB days.

Talk about conspiracy theory...I agree with Hat on this...in fact I find myself agreeing with Hat on most of his posts. I'm glad to have new blood coming in...UT or not.

No conspiracy theory here. Fact from the horses mouth.

Not only are we happy we're ecstatic about having a coach with balls that runs the show totally. We haven't had that since CPB days.

We shall see how that works out for you. You still have PBjr and the rest of the Alabama mafia to contend with. If he gets along with them then he will be fine. That is yet to be seen.

No conspiracy theory here. Fact from the horses mouth.
So when Stallings says it was a conspiracy to run him out of his job, it's gospel. However, when John Majors says the same thing, it's simply the rambling of a bitter old man. Nice. Did they have a 2 for 1 sale on standards in your neighborhood today Beef?

So when Stallings says it was a conspiracy to run him out of his job, it's gospel. However, when John Majors says the same thing, it's simply the rambling of a bitter old man. Nice. Did they have a 2 for 1 sale on standards in your neighborhood today Beef?

As an attorney surely you understand that not all cases are the same. Stallings stepped down due to circumstances that were vastly different than what caused CJM to get canned.

VN Store

Back