Kevin Steele

As an attorney surely you understand that not all cases are the same. Stallings stepped down due to circumstances that were vastly different than what caused CJM to get canned.
Why, because Stallings told you so? I don't know the guy. Why should I give him any credibility? Seems like a nice guy, but who knows? Maybe he's just a bitter old man.

Why, because Stallings told you so? I don't know the guy. Why should I give him any credibility? Seems like a nice guy, but who knows? Maybe he's just a bitter old man.

Show me any evidense of that! The evidense of Majors being bitter is clear. Show me one time CGS has ever said anything publicly about bammer in a negative manner. Not there. In your haste to crown St Nick the next coming you are willing to trash well respected coaches who have a ton more hardware and wins than does he.

I'm still waiting to be told the full Gene Stallings story.

For some reason, I think it's going to be a long wait.

Show me any evidense of that! The evidense of Majors being bitter is clear. Show me one time CGS has ever said anything publicly about bammer in a negative manner. Not there. In your haste to crown St Nick the next coming you are willing to trash well respected coaches who have a ton more hardware and wins than does he.
Bitterness in private is no difference than bitterness in public, except private venom is cowardly. You say Stallings tells you he was unfairly ousted. I say I have no reason to believe that's true. Hence, sounds like a bitter old man who doesn't have the facts to back him up if he took his grievance public.

Yeah, Gene Stallings really tore up the NFL. When are they inducting him in Canton?

Bitterness in private is no difference than bitterness in public, except private venom is cowardly. You say Stalling tells you he was unfairly ousted. I say I have no reason to believe that's true. Hence, sounds like a bitter old man who doesn't have the facts to back him up if he took his grievance public.

I never said he was unfairly ousted or ousted in any other manner.

I never said he was unfairly ousted or ousted in any other manner.
Then there's no story there. If the administration, which would make sense, went to him and said "You're old, we've had to forfeit an entire season because of violations on your watch. We'd like you to think about leaving," that's absolutely what athletic departments are in the business of doing.

Then there's no story there. If the administration, which would make sense, went to him and said "You're old, we've had to forfeit an entire season because of violations on your watch. We'd like you to think about leaving," that's absolutely what athletic departments are in the business of doing.

Like I said, you seem to have no problem bashing well respected coaches in order to praise a guy who can't even get his own staff to follow him to a new gig. :whistling:

Like I said, you seem to have no problem bashing well respected coaches in order to praise a guy who can't even get his own staff to follow him to a new gig. :whistling:
Yeah, the failure of those guys to follow him to LSU really doomed his tenure there. Nick isn't one of these old school troglodytes like Hayseed, who surrounds himself with yes men and cronies. He hires actual football coaches. His first hire is one of the 5 best recruiters in college football. He's not looking for fishing buddies, he's worried about winning football games.

Yeah, the failure of those guys to follow him to LSU really doomed his tenure there. Nick isn't one of these old school troglodytes like Hayseed, who surrounds himself with yes men and cronies. He hires actual football coaches. His first hire is one of the 5 best recruiters in college football. He's not looking for fishing buddies, he's worried about winning football games.

He asked them to follow him and THEY said no!

By the way, what great heights did MSU ascend to when Nick left? Looks like, when the brilliance of Saban was removed, a whole bunch of those assistants turned out to be insurance salesmen. I'm sure Nick's crushed they didn't follow him. Give me a coach who's worried about results. A whole bunch of Pat Riley's former assistants detest him. You think he gives one fresh damn about that fact? In a competitive environment, I could care less about having friends. I'll take winners who hate me on my team every day.

Wonder if Phil's boys will follow him to...uh uh uh uh, you got me on this one!

He asked them to follow him and THEY said no!
So what. Just because your pal Haystacks coddles his assistants because they're his buddies, doesn't mean everyone has to. I'm sure Nick Saban is thinking, "How can I get some of those old MSU guys to come to Tuscaloosa?" In sports, you are what your record says you are. Nick Saban is a National Championship coach. The guys who stayed back at MSU are losers, insurance salesmen, and professional irrelevancies. End of story.

By the way, what great heights did MSU ascend to when Nick left? Looks like, when the brilliance of Saban was removed, a whole bunch of those assistants turned out to be insurance salesmen. I'm sure Nick's crushed they didn't follow him. Give me a coach who's worried about results. A whole bunch of Pat Riley's former assistants detest him. You think he gives one fresh damn about that fact? In a competitive environment, I could care less about having friends. I'll take winners who hate me on my team every day.

How good did St Nick do at MSU oh wise one? How about ZERO ten win seasons and two 6-6 seasons. I just don't understand ya'lls love affair with any coach that goes to a different school. He won at LSU and so is Les Miles. At LSU all you have to do is keep half the kids in state and you have a championship quality team. Unlike the rest of you Sabanites who seem to shake at the thought of him going to bammer, I will wait and see how it plays out. It is by no means a sure thing he will win championships there. How has Spurrier done at USC? The same thing but worse. I think he could do well but there is a very real possibility that there will be a huge blow up in bammer land.

So what. Just because your pal Haystacks coddles his assistants because they're his buddies, doesn't mean everyone has to. I'm sure Nick Saban is thinking, "How can I get some of those old MSU guys to come to Tuscaloosa?" In sports, you are what your record says you are. Nick Saban is a National Championship coach. The guys who stayed back at MSU are losers, insurance salesmen, and professional irrelevancies. End of story.

You conveniently ignore the point.

You conveniently ignore the point.
What, that Saban works his assistants like dogs? That he doesn't spend time trying to foster meaningless friendships? I see your points, they simply mean nothing to me. Win. That's the only mandate in sports. If you want to have buddies, go sell used cars or be a golf pro.

What, that Saban works his assistants like dogs? That he doesn't spend time trying to foster meaningless friendships? I see your points, they simply mean nothing to me. Win. That's the only mandate in sports. If you want to have buddies, go sell used cars or be a golf pro.

How did he do at MSU? How did he do at Miami? He came to a loaded LSU (whether you guys wanna believe it or not) and finally won. It Belleichik (sp) works his assistants like dogs as does Parcells and you will find they would follow him. I know all about working a staff hard and having loyalty and respect from them. You can love and fear Saban all you want. I am not scared one bit about him coming to bammer.

How did he do at MSU? How did he do at Miami? He came to a loaded LSU (whether you guys wanna believe it or not) and finally won. It Belleichik (sp) works his assistants like dogs as does Parcells and you will find they would follow him. I know all about working a staff hard and having loyalty and respect from them. You can love and fear Saban all you want. I am not scared one bit about him coming to bammer.
I think there is no doubt he will better the F ball program, hopefully not enough to beat us

VN Store

Back