Kevin Steele

Damn! He was my choice over Chavis many moons ago! Wish well and maybe he'll have a big spot a UT someday!

The news just keeps getting better. What's next, he hires Norm Chow as OC?
That would actually be good for us. The Norm Chow lovefest is laughable. Exactly how badly did SC fall off when he left? That's right, they didn't. He's the Paris Hilton of football coaches.

That would actually be good for us. The Norm Chow lovefest is laughable. Exactly how badly did SC fall off when he left? That's right, they didn't. He's the Paris Hilton of football coaches.

Anybody heard what Jimbo Fisher is going to do?

The talent probably had something to do with that too.

Either way, the gist of my point was that we've had a lot of negatives lately regarding our football program. The 'bama hire of Saban was just as bad as our bowl loss.

The talent probably had something to do with that too.

Either way, the gist of my point was that we've had a lot of negatives lately regarding our football program. The 'bama hire of Saban was just as bad as our bowl loss.

Why? I don't know why everyone assumes that NS will be a huge success at bammer. He very well could be but he also could very well be a bust. When he has been successful (barring his stint at Miami where he had zero success) he has had total control. I am not convinced he will get that at bammer. His ego and the irrational fans/boosters/BOT could very well blow up.

Why? I don't know why everyone assumes that NS will be a huge success at bammer. He very well could be but he also could very well be a bust. When he has been successful (barring his stint at Miami where he had zero success) he has had total control. I am not convinced he will get that at bammer. His ego and the irrational fans/boosters/BOT could very well blow up.
Counting on Saban to fail will be almost as irrational as expecting Haystacks Fulmer to return UT to championship level football.

Counting on Saban to fail will be almost as irrational as expecting Haystacks Fulmer to return UT to championship level football.

hate my man, where did I say I was counting on him to fail. I am neither counting on him to fail or succeed. I am not ready to anoint him champion of anything. This is bammer we are talking about with the likes of Paul Bryant jr. Saban is an ego maniac and a prick. I will not be surprised if he rubs the bammer nation wrong big time. You take his ego and their irrational state and it could very well be pouring gasoline on a fire.

hate my man, where did I say I was counting on him to fail. I am neither counting on him to fail or succeed. I am not ready to anoint him champion of anything. This is bammer we are talking about with the likes of Paul Bryant jr. Saban is an ego maniac and a prick. I will not be surprised if he rubs the bammer nation wrong big time. You take his ego and their irrational state and it could very well be pouring gasoline on a fire.
When he delivers like he did at LSU, and he will sooner than later, he can urinate on the Bear's grave and nobody will say a word to him.

Step aside for a minute tid, I wanna see how this one ends!

When he delivers like he did at LSU, and he will sooner than later, he can urinate on the Bear's grave and nobody will say a word to him.

That's why they greeted him wearing Houndstooth hats?!

Paul Bryant Jr swings a very large stick in that conspiracy laden hell hole they call Alabama. Saban is a very capable coach but he is an ego maniac and if you take his ego and the likes of PBjr and others... well let's just say that if they don't see eye to eye it will be fun to watch.

Paul Bryant Jr swings a very large stick in that conspiracy laden hell hole they call Alabama. Saban is a very capable coach but he is an ego maniac and if you take his ego and the likes of PBjr and others... well let's just say that if they don't see eye to eye it will be fun to watch.
By the time Slick Nick is done in Tuscaloosa, they'll all be sporting rich tans and wearing polo shirts. Winning is the ultimate panacea.

Since when did being justifiably confident in one's own abilities come to constitute being egomaniacal?

By the time Slick Nick is done in Tuscaloosa, they'll all be sporting rich tans and wearing polo shirts. Winning is the ultimate panacea.

He may win and win big. But the day we see the average bammer sporting anything other than a red neck and a wife beater tan is the day we know Armageddon is upon us.

Do you not think there is a potential for a huge blowout? It has happened to every coach since the Bear. You take that then add the fact that Saban is short with the media, fans and any outsiders and you have a recipe for some serious fireworks at bammer.

Do you not think there is a potential for a huge blowout?
No, I don't. Both parties desperately need the other. Nobody in the NFL will ever give Saban another thought. Alabama has financially commtitted themselves to the point of being the football equivalent of "all in." They're like a married couple that accumulates substantial wealth together, divorce becomes just too damn costly.

VN Store

Back