Kevin Steele

You're missing a key point. Saban came to Michigan State from the NFL. The guys he "trusted the most" at that point woul have been in the pros. I think if one looks, he inherited a lot of assistants at MSU.

He coached at MSU for 5 years! I find it difficult to believe that he didn't bring people in.

Also while ya'll are annointing him king of football. How many 10 + win season has he had as an HC?

A little help 2!

How many undefieated seasons has he had?

A little help 0!

He coached at MSU for 5 years! I find it difficult to believe that he didn't bring people in.

Also while ya'll are annointing him king of football. How many 10 + win season has he had as an HC?

A little help 2!

How many undefieated seasons has he had?

A little help 0!
I didn't say he inherited all of them. Just keep believing he won't go right back to doing what he was doing at LSU. He managed to put together talent there sufficient to sustain a guy who is a less talented coach than Gerry DiNardo. Saban returning to the SEC is going to have the same effect as Butch Davis going to the ACC. Serious trouble for everyone else.

I didn't say he inherited all of them. Just keep believing he won't go right back to doing what he was doing at LSU. He managed to put together talent there sufficient to sustain a guy who is a less talented coach than Gerry DiNardo. Saban returning to the SEC is going to have the same effect as Butch Davis going to the ACC. Serious trouble for everyone else.

The same was said about Visor boy as well. We shall see. he may very well be successful and if he is I won't be surprised. But I also could see a major blow out happen in conspiracy theory land. You have to remember where he is going.

The same was said about Visor boy as well. We shall see. he may very well be successful and if he is I won't be surprised. But I also could see a major blow out happen in conspiracy theory land. You have to remember where he is going.
Winning is a universal language. It soothes the masses, no matter how savage.

I find nothing about Nick Saban egotistical.

Saban really doesn't seem like your style of coach (other than his winning ways in college). I bet LeBatard has enough material to carry his show through the month of July (at least).

Saban really doesn't seem like your style of coach (other than his winning ways in college). I bet LeBatard has enough material to carry his show through the month of July (at least).
You would be correct. With a Dolphins coaching search and the soap opera that is the Heat, Dan can simply open up the phones and fill 3 hours.

Ask Gene Stallings that. I think you give bammer nation way to much credit. But we shall see.
They didn't run Stallings off. The man had personal and family health issues to deal with. I've never heard an Alabama fan utter a cross word about the guy(well, other than when he lost the first three games of his career there).

They didn't run Stallings off. The man had personal and family health issues to deal with. I've never heard an Alabama fan utter a cross word about the guy(well, other than when he lost the first three games of his career there).

You would be incorrect in that assesment. I know for a fact.

Yes his son was a factor but he was not ready to quit. He wanted to go for several more years. There is so much more to that story than you realize. The behind the scenes on CHGS was the beginning of the Alabama mafia.

That I understand, but your legend list is heavy on those who paved their own way (I believe the word you used was iconclast). When I look at Saban, I see a Bill Parcels/Bill Belichick clone. Not too much originality about his gig.

That I understand, but your legend list is heavy on those who paved their own way (I believe the word you used was iconclast). When I look at Saban, I see a Bill Parcels/Bill Belichick clone. Not too much originality about his gig.
If he were in the NFL, that's a fair point. However, he's pretty much the only guy marching to the beat of that drummer in the college ranks. Saban is also a guy who can speak intelligently on any number of subjects. He simply sees no reason to have those discussions with the wretches who inhabit the media.

If he were in the NFL, that's a fair point. However, he's pretty much the only guy marching to the beat of that drummer in the college ranks. Saban is also a guy who can speak intelligently on any number of subjects. He simply sees no reason to have those discussions with the wretches who inhabit the media.

Have you not been part of the "CPF is an idiot who says the same thing to the media" crowd? Just asking.

By the time Slick Nick is done in Tuscaloosa, they'll all be sporting rich tans and wearing polo shirts. Winning is the ultimate panacea.

How long do you think NS will stay at 'Bama? If he is successful, someone will come along with a sweeter deal.

I say three years max. I was a lot more concerned when Spurrier went to FLA because of his ties. I thought he would coach there until he died.

Have you not been part of the "CPF is an idiot who says the same thing to the media" crowd? Just asking.
Not really. TCHFCATUTK is just a charismatically challenged guy who tries to be engaging despite the fact he lacks the intellectual and verbal skills to do so. Saban is a brilliant, engaging guy who rightly feels the ink stained masses are beneath his contempt.

How long do you think NS will stay at 'Bama? If he is successful, someone will come along with a sweeter deal.

I say three years max. I was a lot more concerned when Spurrier went to FLA because of his ties. I thought he would coach there until he died.
He will at least complete the eight years on the contract.

Not really. TCHFCATUTK is just a charismatically challenged guy who tries to be engaging despite the fact he lacks the intellectual and verbal skills to do so. Saban is a brilliant, engaging guy who rightly feels the ink stained masses are beneath his contempt.

Semantics my man, purely semantics. Human beings have a way of seeing things the way they want to. You hate ole buddy just proved to be human.

He will at least complete the eight years on the contract.

Not if they fire him after 3 or 4 years. He will still be paid, but not guaranteed to coach. Like I said, never underestimate multi-millionaires and their passion.

Semantics my man, purely semantics. Human beings have a way of seeing things the way they want to. You hate ole buddy just proved to be human.
Not semantics at all. If I can walk across the street, but choose not to because I see nothing of value on the other side, that's one thing. Being paralyzed and unable to walk where you wish to go is another.

Not semantics at all. If I can walk across the street, but choose not to because I see nothing of value on the other side, that's one thing. Being paralyzed and unable to walk where you wish to go is another.

Both speak to the press. saban refused to let others in his staff talk to the press. Hell he had it in Miami that the Pres of the team could not talk to the press. He knows the press and loves the press. He just likes to act like he doesn't. As far as I can tell it apprears the only times he doesn't want to talk to the press is when he is about to leave a team after having stated several times that he wasn't. St Nick is a good ball coach but let's not make him God.

VN Store

Back