'21 JUCO RB Tiyon Evans

I looked at his offer list on Rivals. You mean to tell me USCjr is the only other “big” offer for him? And he decommitted?

With zero insider knowledge my guess is the numbers are tight and with what we have left on the board some had to go. I believe with him not playing this year and with the number of RB's in the last class and two others committed in this class he was the odd man out. Do I think he's good and would like to sign him, yes, but he didn't change his tune that fast on his own IMO, just hard to take seven RB's in two back to back classes. As I said, just a guess but I believe a solid one. Good luck to him wherever he winds up.

LOL, didn't he just do an interview saying he was 100% locked in? I believe he said Tennessee has nothing to worry about he is 100% on board and no chance of flipping. I watched the interview earlier this week, just does not make sense.

Reactions: Catbone
Wow this class is falling apart
tenor.gif

LOL, didn't he just do an interview saying he was 100% locked in? I believe he said Tennessee has nothing to worry about he is 100% on board no chance of flipping. I watched the interview earlier this week, just does not make sense.

I am guessing that the potential return of every back next year is changing both the schools and prospects priorities. Also the positive early returns of newcomers at RB may have entered into the equations of both. Not to mention the kid only I seem to think will end up as a really strong power back has yet to get on the field. The kid from Athens has some tools I think. And motivation.

The last line of his tweet “I graduate in Dec and have three years to play” is a sales pitch. It’s an invitation and a plea for inquiry. If he was leaving bc of an lsu or Clemson offer, I don’t think he needs to include that. I think he was nudged. I guess it’s possible he backs out on his own volition without a backup plan in place, but that AP interview really doesn’t seem like that would be the case.
That is exactly what I thought, too. That one line kind of showed his hand, IMO.

LOL, didn't he just do an interview saying he was 100% locked in? I believe he said Tennessee has nothing to worry about he is 100% on board and no chance of flipping. I watched the interview earlier this week, just does not make sense.
He's a south Carolina native and was a vols vs south Carolina battle to begin with. Family probably got to him and convinced him to stay home. Jmo

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I wish him well, unless he's playing against us. He looks like he could be a stud RB. But things will work themselves out. Still a chance he could recommit if the coaches pursue him. He had to like something about us to commit the first time. And if it doesn't happen, we're okay at RB.
I do not see a recommit as even a remote possibility.

He was given the nudge. Listen to his interview from a few days ago. This isn’t his decision.

We have to make room. We took three RBs last year and that isn’t including Beckwith. We have two in this class and that isn’t including Elijah Howard.

VQ guys know some stuff but they’re not the end all be all of every decision. Just because they didn’t see it coming doesn’t mean it wasn’t the staffs decision.

Again - were tight on numbers while still being in on a number of big fish. Some difficult decisions are going to be made.
I wish we had given someone else a nudge, not Evans.

VN Store

Back