'21 JUCO RB Tiyon Evans

So instead of dropping say Merrill at WR, a position we are loaded at, the staff decides huh, well let’s drop the #1 JUCO RB who would be an instant impact guy with 3 years to play??? Yeah that’s clearly it. I see it now. We are like Bama and UGA where we can just turn down stud players.

I’m not sure why you think Walker would bet let go when Wr room is not loaded as you say and he will be a very valuable player at his position. Also he can play any of the Wr positions. Meanwhile we just took Hodge, Small, Whitehead, while still having Ty, Gray, CFA, and Beckwith

I’m not sure why you think Walker would bet let go when Wr room is not loaded as you say and he will be a very valuable player at his position. Also he can play any of the Wr positions. Meanwhile we just took Hodge, Small, Whitehead, while still having Ty, Gray, CFA, and Beckwith
All who just got an extra year of eligibility. This kid could very well be a stud, but RB will NOT be our issue in the coming years. It’s a loss, but not huge. We’re still Tennessee.

All who just got an extra year of eligibility. This kid could very well be a stud, but RB will NOT be our issue in the coming years. It’s a loss, but not huge. We’re still Tennessee.
"We're still Tennusseee 🤓". You mean 8-5 UT or 4-8 UT? Or how about some of the 9 win Butch years where we dropped a few we had in hand? Because 13-0 is a long time ago!!

We're still Tennessee 🤣.

No. We're NOT.
Not yet. Not what Pruitt is building us to be. Evan's is supposed to be a huge part of that.
We need to keep recruiting the kid! For you to write him off as so easily replaceable shows what you actually know about us becoming "Still Tennessee "..smh

They do, but Evans would be at least number 2 if not 1 if he comes here. 4.4 speed back with power and wiggle that can catch.
Pure speculation. You have a tendency to state your opinion as fact. Frankly, you're starting to sound very much like D4H. Evans may in fact be a dynamic back. Or he could end up a bust. Truth is, we don't know. But I'm fairly certain the sky is not falling and we'll be okay. If this staff really wants him, they'll continue to pursue him. And if he doesn't come back, oh well. We have other talented RBs and there's no reason for you to denigrate them.

Yes...
But they really need to keep recruiting him!
This is an instant impact guy. Plug and play. Might be better than Eric Gray right now...

He could be. However, if he goes to USC Jr he is scared of the competition at the RB position at UT. If that is the case use this scholarship to bring in a stud on the dline or a flex guy that can play the old school fullback position. NEXT MAN UP.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
The last line of his tweet “I graduate in Dec and have three years to play” is a sales pitch. It’s an invitation and a plea for inquiry. If he was leaving bc of an lsu or Clemson offer, I don’t think he needs to include that. I think he was nudged. I guess it’s possible he backs out on his own volition without a backup plan in place, but that AP interview really doesn’t seem like that would be the case.

If I recall correctly in the decommitment article he was saying he needs to go through his options and make sure to see if there is a place that’s better than TN. From what I saw on his offer list, I didn’t see anywhere that would be than TN.

"We're still Tennusseee 🤓". You mean 8-5 UT or 4-8 UT? Or how about some of the 9 win Butch years where we dropped a few we had in hand? Because 13-0 is a long time ago!!

We're still Tennessee 🤣.

No. We're NOT.
Not yet. Not what Pruitt is building us to be. Evan's is supposed to be a huge part of that.
We need to keep recruiting the kid! For you to write him off as so easily replaceable shows what you actually know about us becoming "Still Tennessee "..smh
Oh I’m sorry, but has it been an inability to recruit top talent that has been our problem these last 10-15 years?!? No. It hasn’t. Dooley brought in top 10 classes. Butch brought in top 5 classes. Pruitt has us #12 in total talent.

So, yes, I’ll repeat: WE ARE STILL TENNESSEE.

And did I say we should stop recruiting him? Did I say I didn’t still want him? No I did not. I simply don’t think one player - a player at a position always STACKED with talent - is going to be the difference between 8-5 and a trip to Atlanta. It sure as hell didn’t stop us in ‘98 when we lost maybe the freakiest athlete to ever play the position, HoF’er Jamal Lewis.

Now, would you like to double down and continue showing your ass?

Might there have been other issues? Grades? These kids are in Junior College for a reason. If there is a potential for failure to qualify in January that would be an impetus to back off. Especially if we are having number issues with this class.

I think it was mom pushing him to look at options. Which is why he included the info on graduation and years to play.

VN Store

Back