Jordan Allen Transferring

Let's be honest and call it what it is. Pruitt is out of his league as a head coach. Then he complicates things even more by trying to micro manage every aspect of the game.

He won't allow CJC to call his plays. He continues to play a QB with almost a 1:1 TD to TO ratio and now you are seeing players and commits drop.

We've seen this movie before, it NEVER ends well for Tennessee.

He redshirted at his first college and never played. He converted to outside linebacker and edge rusher at his second school, the JUCO, which where UT signed him out of. He was already playing that position before UT signed him. After his injury, which kept him out the entire 2019 season, he wanted to switch to offense, so that is what he was allowed to do.

Pruitt has enough faults, you don't have to make things up to blame him for.

City College of San Francisco head coach Jimmy Collins discussed Allen moving to tight end with Vols Wire.
“Jordan did not play tight end for us,” Collins said. He was exclusively a defensive end. I think he will have a smooth transition. He is a great athlete.”

Jordan Allen ‘will have smooth transition’ to tight end

Reactions: JVol76
I don't know. I really don't. By reason... you look at his resume at UT and see this season coupled with GSU, BYU, and the struggles we all excused in the first year. You see his stubbornness with the QB situation. You see a supposed defensive guru... allowing over 30 ppg in his 3rd year.

But on the other side... I remember Fulmer sabotaging his own career at UT with loyalty to assistants who were complacent and who weren't getting the job done. I see the possible budget implications. I see people buying the Covid excuse.

Nothing he's done on the field of play suggests he should keep the job. He's lost several games when he had the superior roster. I'm not aware of any game he's won that he was supposed to lose.

Sadly... I think he's lost the team and no longer enjoys the respect needed to lead them.

Auburn 2018 we were not supposed to win. Pruitt is stubborn and the QB situation has been blatantly mismanaged. However, if he had not dropped the ball with the QB then I feel our record would be much different.

I’m not on the Pruitt train but also not a part of the fire Pruitt crowd either. Let’s just see what happens as I do not see UT cutting him loose this season. Muschamp and Mason were already on thin ice before this season started. So their situations are not the same to ours. We are just all so fed up with losing that we want to be back to 8 win seasons to be disappointments instead of celebrations.

Tennessee has, with only minor upturns here and there, gone from a bonafide national champion to the biggest punchline in the history of college football. If circuses were not closed down. we might get bigger crowds (in a non covid year of course) hosting Ringling Brothers in Neyland Stadium. Or pop or country concerts. We could lease it out to Green Acres Flea Market while someone rehabilitates that eyesore.

Sucks right now? Bud, sucking has become the norm. So much so that mouthwash should be selling at record levels.
Oh I agree. It's just everything posted is about firing CJP. OK, we all understand he's not the guy. But there will be twenty more threads in the next week about the very same thing.

Auburn 2018 we were not supposed to win. Pruitt is stubborn and the QB situation has been blatantly mismanaged. However, if he had not dropped the ball with the QB then I feel our record would be much different.
Me too. Auburn is one. Not sure there was that much of a roster discrepancy but they were the favorite.

I agree. He probably sank his own ship by not making a better decision on the QB position. I think the defensive woes would have still left him on a hot seat though.

I’m not on the Pruitt train but also not a part of the fire Pruitt crowd either. Let’s just see what happens as I do not see UT cutting him loose this season. Muschamp and Mason were already on thin ice before this season started. So their situations are not the same to ours. We are just all so fed up with losing that we want to be back to 8 win seasons to be disappointments instead of celebrations.
I'm just trying to read the tea leaves. I'm not sure what keeping Pruitt accomplishes. He's losing recruits. Allen won't be the last guy to transfer and others will likely be more meaningful. Going from where he is to anything approximating where he needs to be this time next year... just doesn't seem very likely.

Unsurprising, TEs have it the worst in this program under Pruitt. No real position coaching, and no real utilization in his desired style of offense.
amazing how it's chaney's offense, but pruitt's fault as to how chaney utilizes the TE's in his offense. make that make sense!

You guys don't even bother reading the article you just assume it's because TN sucks right now. All of you are too eager to jump on CJP nutsack.
Assume nothing. He hasn't had a successful career at UT. He's leaving and is likely not the last specifically because of the problems inside the locker room and with the lost trust in Pruitt.

Couple this with 3 de-commits... and you have the start of a trend that can't end well.

Reactions: CA_Vol
Best of luck to the young man. I don’t blame him for wanting an opportunity somewhere else to get on the field. I’d say there will several more leave that just want playing time, and not necessarily as a result of this season or any situation in the locker room.

I think Bailey is a QB who will use the TE effectively. JG never made it to that level of his progressions.
It’s baffling because DWA should’ve been his best friend last season and he never could get him the ball effectively.

Assume nothing. He hasn't had a successful career at UT. He's leaving and is likely not the last specifically because of the problems inside the locker room and with the lost trust in Pruitt.

Couple this with 3 de-commits... and you have the start of a trend that can't end well.
Unless something has happened we have a huge TE committed out of Hardin County

Reactions: Volanooga2521

VN Store

Back