Jordan Allen Transferring

Maybe he’ll stick around for a few more weeks amd find out that the new coach really values tight ends. Wishful thinking?

If we weren't so terrible this year, no one would be batting an eye at this transfer. I wish the young man well, but this is not an indictment on anything. Just a young man looking to get to play. Every single thread ends up in the sinking ship argument.
Well, the ship is listing pretty heavily to starboard..

You guys don't even bother reading the article you just assume it's because TN sucks right now. All of you are too eager to jump on CJP nutsack.

Tennessee has, with only minor upturns here and there, gone from a bonafide national champion to the biggest punchline in the history of college football. If circuses were not closed down. we might get bigger crowds (in a non covid year of course) hosting Ringling Brothers in Neyland Stadium. Or pop or country concerts. We could lease it out to Green Acres Flea Market while someone rehabilitates that eyesore.

Sucks right now? Bud, sucking has become the norm. So much so that mouthwash should be selling at record levels.

That happens when you take a 4* TE, try to turn him into a LB, and then move him back to TE, in an offense that inexplicably doesn't try to utilize TEs because the head coach is a moron.

He redshirted at his first college and never played. He converted to outside linebacker and edge rusher at his second school, the JUCO, which where UT signed him out of. He was already playing that position before UT signed him. After his injury, which kept him out the entire 2019 season, he wanted to switch to offense, so that is what he was allowed to do.

Pruitt has enough faults, you don't have to make things up to blame him for.

Reactions: Teeman
I don't know. I really don't. By reason... you look at his resume at UT and see this season coupled with GSU, BYU, and the struggles we all excused in the first year. You see his stubbornness with the QB situation. You see a supposed defensive guru... allowing over 30 ppg in his 3rd year.

But on the other side... I remember Fulmer sabotaging his own career at UT with loyalty to assistants who were complacent and who weren't getting the job done. I see the possible budget implications. I see people buying the Covid excuse.

Nothing he's done on the field of play suggests he should keep the job. He's lost several games when he had the superior roster. I'm not aware of any game he's won that he was supposed to lose.

Sadly... I think he's lost the team and no longer enjoys the respect needed to lead them.
I will say, in defense of the defense (no pun intended), they really haven't been the reason this team has lost games. I think you can reasonably argue that they held up well until late in games where the pitiful offense has kept them on the field. They're not great, but I think they have played well enough to win a few of the games this season that we ended up losing. A better offense would've kept the UGA game competitive until the end. A better offense doesn't give Kentucky 21 free points and probably flips that game (not really a reach despite the final score). A better offense beats Arkansas despite poor defense in the 3rd quarter and I think a better offense beats Auburn and makes the Florida game competitive. I think there's a lack of playmakers on defense and they are pretty competitive despite that...and despite not being able to cover a slant.

I think we all know that this season was lost due to poor offense. Yes, that's on Pruitt's shoulders because he kept sticking it out with Guarantano. He's a good hardworking guy that evidently looks great in practice, but it was clear that he couldn't put anything together other than a decent half of football. Should Pruitt be fired because of it? I don't know. I could see it going either way next season, but I think he gets next season.

As for him losing the team, I'll respectfully disagree for now. So far it looks like the team still plays hard until the end of each game. Teams that are quitting on the coach don't do that and we definitely saw the team quit during Butch's last season. Maybe they start to give up these next two games?

Reactions: livefaith
Tennessee football: Jordan Allen enters transfer portal

Another player jumping off this sinking ship.

Is this really an indictment on CJP? This is a player that has struggled to see the field. They have let him move from LB to TE and he couldn’t make it on the field. Now TEs are rarely utilized in our offense but this is not the end of the world. Some are looking for any reason to throw shade at Pruitt.

Im not happy with our coach either but I’m not going to complain about a career backup leaving.

VN Store

Back