Jordan Allen Transferring

e-v-i-d-e-n-c-e
If you're looking for hard evidence that's admissible in a court of law, you're not going to get it.

That said, if you know who to listen to on here, there's more than enough evidence if you open your eyes and ears.. You've been here long enough to know who those people are so don't come at me asking who.

Good lord. What the hell have you seen from Pruitt that makes you think he can turn this around. We are getting worse, but better.
What I have seen is Tennessee go through mid major coaches that couldn't coach at the SEC level. If we don't have a proven coach waiting in the wings that is already signed then we need to stay the course for at least one more year. The only way you get a chance at an up and coming head coach or can be in a position to bring in a proven head coach is to show support for the existing coach. Firing him over the lack of quality recruits from the previous staff isn't going to convince any up and coming coach to want to come to Tennessee. I do think Pruitt has brought in better overall talent than what Butch did. Both brought in some top recruits but it seems Pruitt's middle and bottom players in his classes have better potential than the mid major recruits that Butch brought in. Thus, building better depth. Once we get some of Pruitt's players into their Junior and Senior years we should start to show some gains as a team. Which his first real class will be Juniors next year.

Reactions: A.J.
Yeah, but he ain't been to good at turning linebackers into linebackers. Where do those guy disappear to sometimes?
I thought we would see more of the Whitehaven trio this year. McDonald the least ranked has played some at safety but what happened to the other two? I haven’t heard Eason and French mentioned hardly at all this year with the exception of maybe Eason getting practice time at DE.

Last edited:
Reactions: davethevol
I don't know. I really don't. By reason... you look at his resume at UT and see this season coupled with GSU, BYU, and the struggles we all excused in the first year. You see his stubbornness with the QB situation. You see a supposed defensive guru... allowing over 30 ppg in his 3rd year.

But on the other side... I remember Fulmer sabotaging his own career at UT with loyalty to assistants who were complacent and who weren't getting the job done. I see the possible budget implications. I see people buying the Covid excuse.

Nothing he's done on the field of play suggests he should keep the job. He's lost several games when he had the superior roster. I'm not aware of any game he's won that he was supposed to lose.

Sadly... I think he's lost the team and no longer enjoys the respect needed to lead them.
I think he’s won a few games people expected him to lose especially when it came to Auburn and Kentucky. Year 1 was up and down and they could have closed the year out by going to a bowl. A lot of people gave him a pass because these were “butch’s” guys. Year 2 was even more inconsistent with the losses to GA State and BYU. Year 3 people are buy the covid excuse but we drummed a Missouri team that is clearly much improved. The inconsistency is maddening and I think the AD is failing the university by holding on to those minor bright spots. I think with butch it was clear there should have been a change in 15 when he had all the talent but he kept mismanaging games. Now, we have the most talented QB as far as passing abilities since Bray and a DT guy coming in similar to the mold of Dobbs. The defense is littered with talent and a lot of people saw that Tennessee is still hot but CJP couldn’t close with these recruits. We have to get someone in there who believes. We have to get someone in there who wants to develop and teach. I pray to god it’s freeze. I pray it happens Sunday.

I think he’s won a few games people expected him to lose especially when it came to Auburn and Kentucky. Year 1 was up and down and they could have closed the year out by going to a bowl. A lot of people gave him a pass because these were “butch’s” guys. Year 2 was even more inconsistent with the losses to GA State and BYU. Year 3 people are buy the covid excuse but we drummed a Missouri team that is clearly much improved. The inconsistency is maddening and I think the AD is failing the university by holding on to those minor bright spots. I think with butch it was clear there should have been a change in 15 when he had all the talent but he kept mismanaging games. Now, we have the most talented QB as far as passing abilities since Bray and a DT guy coming in similar to the mold of Dobbs. The defense is littered with talent and a lot of people saw that Tennessee is still hot but CJP couldn’t close with these recruits. We have to get someone in there who believes. We have to get someone in there who wants to develop and teach. I pray to god it’s freeze. I pray it happens Sunday.

I’ll give you Auburn as a game I didn’t expect to win. Kentucky was a 1 dimensional offensive that I’d been disappointed if they couldn’t beat them. In fact I told my Ky friend the week before the game Tennessee would beat them & he laughed. It was similar to this year except QB play was awful that day (17pts) & allowed Ky to settle in their run game.

I think he’s won a few games people expected him to lose especially when it came to Auburn and Kentucky.
Kentucky? When has Kentucky had more talent than a Pruitt led UT team? Auburn makes one exception out of 3 years. And to be honest that wasn't a "great win". Auburn finished the regular season 7-5.

Year 1 was up and down and they could have closed the year out by going to a bowl. A lot of people gave him a pass because these were “butch’s” guys.
A "pass" could be justified without the blowout losses to WVU, UGA, UF, Bama, and Mizzou. But even that would be nullified by the blowout loss to Vandy to finish the season. Seven losses and only one closer than 25 points. His D gave up more than 30 points on avg vs FBS opponents while the O scored less than 20. You have a long day ahead to prove the talent disparity comes close to justifying those results.

Year 2 was even more inconsistent with the losses to GA State and BYU.
I think even with the two bad losses the vast majority of us were still hoping Pruitt would do well. Almost all of us rooted for him to do well. But year 3 puts the first two years in perspective.

Year 3 people are buy the covid excuse but we drummed a Missouri team that is clearly much improved. The inconsistency is maddening and I think the AD is failing the university by holding on to those minor bright spots. I think with butch it was clear there should have been a change in 15 when he had all the talent but he kept mismanaging games. Now, we have the most talented QB as far as passing abilities since Bray and a DT guy coming in similar to the mold of Dobbs. The defense is littered with talent and a lot of people saw that Tennessee is still hot but CJP couldn’t close with these recruits. We have to get someone in there who believes. We have to get someone in there who wants to develop and teach. I pray to god it’s freeze. I pray it happens Sunday.
I agree with much of this. I am undecided on Freeze. Character and trust issues are a concern. People shouldn't be anchored by them forever... but he's only a couple of years removed from some questionable stuff.

I like some things we've seen from HB but he's no Bray to this point. Bray finally took over in the middle of the USCe game. He shredded Memphis and Ole Miss in the next 2 games... both better teams than the Vandy team UT just beat. He passed for over 300 yds in 4 of the 5 games he started as a Fr.

Dobbs is an all time UT great. I like Salter... but I won't pay him that compliment until we're looking back on some accomplishments.

VN Store

Back