Jeremy Banks Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again:

if I was held accountable for the mistakes I made at his age I would not be where I am today. It’s because of God’s mercy and only that that I didn’t have to pay for all the stupidity I partook in at his age.
Good post, goes for me also. The LORD
definitely had mercy on me.

Meh, decent people dont boast about shooting cops. But the second one sent out and post here is much better. He certainly deserves forgiveness and second chances, not at UT bit I hope he matures and does good somewhere else.
My personal experience with this adds alot to me though. Nothing more disgusting than "Christians" using religioun as an excuse or mask for vile behavior to get what they want. Iived with one a long time.
He may not get a second chance at UT. However, fortunately it’s not your decision to make.

Eh slightly different situations. JJ was kicked off for trashing his coaching staff which was fired some days later. Banks basically threatened to kill a cop. Apples and oranges.

What? He didn't threaten to kill a cop, even in an indirect manner...

It was very stupid what he said, but it wasn't what you're implying. Jesus...😔

Meh, decent people dont boast about shooting cops. But the second one sent out and post here is much better. He certainly deserves forgiveness and second chances, not at UT bit I hope he matures and does good somewhere else.
My personal experience with this adds alot to me though. Nothing more disgusting than "Christians" using religioun as an excuse or mask for vile behavior to get what they want. Iived with one a long time.
You're super judgemental of people, and this explains it.

Sorry you had to experience whatever it was.

He is a Memphis kid and Pruitt knows Memphis is important. He's not going anywhere. Sorry and get over yourself?

We got commitments from 3 kids from Memphis well after Banks was sent packing and have a great chance of getting 2 or 3 more. What's your point ? If you are implying that Pruitt would bring Banks back as some sort of effort to appease Memphis recruits, then I would highly doubt that because he doesn't need to.

This is nothing more than an attempt to get back on the team. This young man has not and will not change overnight.
We do not know what is going on with him behind the scenes to help him become a better person? Is he still enrolled? If so I would assume he has been getting much needed help.

We got commitments from 3 kids from Memphis well after Banks was sent packing and have a great chance of getting 2 or 3 more. What's your point ? If you are implying that Pruitt would bring Banks back as some sort of effort to appease Memphis recruits, then I would highly doubt that because he doesn't need to.
No not implying that. I am saying Memphis is important and Pruitt knows this. From what I understand Pruitt really likes him and wants to keep him to stay out of trouble. That will go a long way in Memphis. Also, just remembered from a pal that Fulmer did a lot of work.with suicide prevention. So they actually care. Many of the kids from Memphis don't have father's. So take that how you want.

You're super judgemental of people, and this explains it.

Sorry you had to experience whatever it was.
You ever sat in an emergency room after a cop has been shot? Ever been in a life or death situation with someone shooting at you? Yeah, im judgemental of anyone that boast about shooting at cops. Highly doubt your sorry about anything ive gone through. Hopefully though you saw my post on the second message he sent out.

Last edited:
Only he himself can work this out. Let the process work. He will be back or he won’t. Lots of wrong happenend here.
FWIW I do believe that he can make this wrong a right.

Only if it helped clear up your confusion on the matter.
There is no confusion, thats my opinion just as.yours is. Not sure why you need to point out that I dont make the decision. Of course it will get you a few likes.

Jauan Jennings never really did anything that "bad"; he just criticized some incompetent coaches.

I have mixed views on Banks. In the grand scheme of things, what he did was bad, but it wasn't terrible. But watching those videos of him and it's clear he has very poor character. The way he acts in those videos is more disturbing than any of his official crimes.
JJ got what he deserved.

What? He didn't threaten to kill a cop, even in an indirect manner...

It was very stupid what he said, but it wasn't what you're implying. Jesus...😔
He said "where I come from, WE shoot at cops". If he would have used they and not we then I could see your point.

Imagine someone saying to you, "Where I come from, we shoot rednecks like you." Would you not take that as a threat? I know I would.

Fact is if he wouldn't have said that sentence he would still be on the team

You ever sat in an emergency room after a cop has been shot? Ever been in a life or death situation with someone shooting at you? Yeah, im judgemental of anyone that boast about shooting at cops. Highly doubt your sorry about anything ive gone through. Hopefully though you saw my post on the second message he sent out.

And there are plenty of cops who actually shoot innocent people and get away with it. I understand your point but there are other perspectives to take into account.

Maybe it’s best not to assume things you know nothing about, like Jeremy Banks relationship with God

I was sincere. Not surprised you doubt it.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
And there are plenty of cops who actually shoot innocent people and get away with it. I understand your point but there are other perspectives to take into account.
What does that have to do with anything? Excusing Banks behavior because some cops somewhere did something?

Reactions: OL SMOKEY
Maybe it’s best not to assume things you know nothing about, like Jeremy Banks relationship with God
I dont care about banks relationship with god. Using "I forgot to pray" before doing something incredibly stupid is just dumb. Glad he is actually taking some steps to correct it now though.

He said "where I come from, WE shoot at cops". If he would have used they and not we then I could see your point.

Imagine someone saying to you, "Where I come from, we shoot rednecks like you." Would you not take that as a threat? I know I would.

Fact is if he wouldn't have said that sentence he would still be on the team
Personally I’d be thinking they were an idiot the whole time I was laughing at them.

I’m probably not as sensitive as you though....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back