Jeremy Banks Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, always love masking stupidity with Christianity. I forgot to pray before saying we shoot cops....lol ( assuming thats what he is referring to)
How bout just own up to his own stupidity instead of hiding behind religion?
Thought about it, not worth touching this one on a FB forum.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
You ever sat in an emergency room after a cop has been shot? Ever been in a life or death situation with someone shooting at you? Yeah, im judgemental of anyone that boast about shooting at cops. Highly doubt your sorry about anything ive gone through. Hopefully though you saw my post on the second message he sent out.

I have sat in a room and listened to cops boasting about trying to kill people and gang banging and raping women. A uniform doesn’t make you more human or more worthy of second chances.

He never shot a cop or even shot at one. He made a dumb statement about shooting cops he thought tough guys would say. I'm tickled I was not held to account for all the dumb things I ever said or did as a younger man. I was given various chances when I did or said dumb things along life's way. I'm in the back 25% of my lifespan and I'm grateful for my family and career. I was your typical hard axx all the way up into my 50s probably, hang 'em high type. Then as I've related life'lessons to friends and family I've come to understand a few things better. The times I was assisted and forgiven perhaps for dumb stuff, I need to recall that when meting out a decision about others. I have no problem if the youngster realizes his mistakes, owns them, and professes to do better. If Pruitt rejects or accepts him, I have no problem either way. I just know if you or yours ever need to catch a break someday the way the universe works is if you expect freedom, forgiveness, and mercy then you best be ready to grant some as well. We all don't start life's race at the same starting point.

I have sat in a room and listened to cops boasting about trying to kill people and gang banging and raping women. A uniform doesn’t make you more human or more worthy of second chances.
Those cops that dealt with Banks were nothing but professional, but some cops somewhere did something so....how dumb. Aaron Hernandez killed people, so do we assume football players kill people?

I think and am hopeful that Jeremy gets a 2nd chance but a fresh start somewhere else is in his best interest all things considered. I am hopeful Coach Pruitt is able to help get him some where that he can escape his deamons and thrive.

This thread:)
giphy.gif

He never shot a cop or even shot at one. He made a dumb statement about shooting cops he thought tough guys would say. I'm tickled I was not held to account for all the dumb things I ever said or did as a younger man. I was given various chances when I did or said dumb things along life's way. I'm in the back 25% of my lifespan and I'm grateful for my family and career. I was your typical hard axx all the way up into my 50s probably, hang 'em high type. Then as I've related life'lessons to friends and family I've come to understand a few things better. The times I was assisted and forgiven perhaps for dumb stuff, I need to recall that when meting out a decision about others. I have no problem if the youngster realizes his mistakes, owns them, and professes to do better. If Pruitt rejects or accepts him, I have no problem either way. I just know if you or yours ever need to catch a break someday the way the universe works is if you expect freedom, forgiveness, and mercy then you best be ready to grant some as well. We all don't start life's race at the same starting point.
A lot of wisdom in this post. Very, very well said.

You nailed it Hoss. True words of wisdom

Absolute BS! You haven't heard cops talk about killing people or raping women. What a bunch of BS! You can't make a valid argument so you post this nonsense. Typical of a simpleton.

I dont think many would disagree with this. I guess where I differ is that his 2nd chance shouldnt come at UT. Reminds me of the qoute "life is hard, it's harder when you are stupid." This guy was given a golden ticket, something most people can only dream of and he messed up. It doesnt mean his life should be over, but his road just becomes a bit harder as it does for most. Hope he learns and goes on to a smaller or another school and does well.

Reactions: Halph66 and Hacksaw
I'm always a believer in second chances. Jauan Jennings got one and He has become my favorite player at Tennessee. Banks had a rough past in a rough neighborhood and hasn't been away from that atmosphere long enough to grow out of it. Does it make it right? Hell no. A little grace can go a long way though. He is probably still a kid trying to act hard and convince himself that he's a real man while not truly knowing what a real man is... so dumb stuff comes out. I think we've all been there. Did he even have a father figure?

If the Tennessee football program can turn this boy into a real man (one with character) it will only be a testament to how great this place is. I'm hoping for it.

I'm always a believer in second chances. Jauan Jennings got one and He has become my favorite player at Tennessee. Banks had a rough past in a rough neighborhood and hasn't been away from that atmosphere long enough to grow out of it. Does it make it right? Hell no. A little grace can go a long way though. He is probably still a kid trying to act hard and convince himself that he's a real man while not truly knowing what a real man is... so dumb stuff comes out. I think we've all been there. Did he even have a father figure?

If the Tennessee football program can turn this boy into a real man (one with character) it will only be a testament to how great this place is. I'm hoping for it.

Excellent post!

Sometimes people have to lose everything before they see their mistakes and want to change. I hope he's trying to learn from his mistake and grow into a good man. Both of those are more important than football but if he can do those two things, he may get another shot at playing. He has a lot of potential but he needs to grow up and get his life pointed in the right direction.

Reactions: BEATBAMA12
Sometimes people have to lose everything before they see their mistakes and want to change. I hope he's trying to learn from his mistake and grow into a good man. Both of those are more important than football but if he can do those two things, he may get another shot at playing. He has a lot of potential but he needs to grow up and get his life pointed in the right direction.
He will play somewhere. But not in Knoxville. Wish him the best of luck and hope he learned from his mistake.

If the semester is paid for shouldn’t he still be enrolled and attending class until end of the semester?

I dont think many would disagree with this. I guess where I differ is that his 2nd chance shouldnt come at UT. Reminds me of the qoute "life is hard, it's harder when you are stupid." This guy was given a golden ticket, something most people can only dream of and he messed up. It doesnt mean his life should be over, but his road just becomes a bit harder as it does for most. Hope he learns and goes on to a smaller or another school and does well.
Agree with the majority of this. Theres a big life lesson to get from this and I hope he gets it and becomes a better person for it. If he does he ll get a second chance somewhere. If its here I'd be fine with that, if not I'd be fine with it as well.

That quote reminds me of one I was told when I was a kid. "If you re gonna be clumsy, you better be tough".

I’ve also heard it’s a possibility he will be back on the team next year. We will see.

Some of you guys have a very unrealistic view of women and think they are cute, innocent victims.
Not saying that violence toward either gender is ever justified, but you have to look at the whole picture in domestic situations, and let's face it, the courts and media are very biased against men.
I have witnessed domestic situations and in my experience women are usually the instigators. I know a guy who had to get stitches because his crazy girlfriend broke glass over his head.
All I'm saying is you shouldn't judge people or situations unless you know all the details, and you usually dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back