Jeremy Banks Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I applaud him but it's going to take more than just words and a picture. I don't even care about what he said to the cops, I've said worse as well as you guys out there have. The thing that gets me is slapping at a female and from what I understand is not the first time. Things like that come to show themselves in moments of anger, I don't believe he has addressed that in only a few weeks.

Speak for yourself.

That indicates he's trying to.

Worked out nice for JJ. Maybe they can help Banks get on track.
Eh slightly different situations. JJ was kicked off for trashing his coaching staff which was fired some days later. Banks basically threatened to kill a cop. Apples and oranges.

Eh slightly different situations. JJ was kicked off for trashing his coaching staff which was fired some days later. Banks basically threatened to kill a cop. Apples and oranges.
You want to provide that "basically threatened to kill a cop" quote? Because that's not what he said according to what I read... not even close. He ran his mouth when he should have just shut up. If he does some time with some officers and learns to appreciate them... then I really don't see a good reason not to give him another shot. You might just end up turning the kid's life around and gaining someone who appreciates what he almost lost more than most.

Something happened and he took the opportunity to repair his image.

It’s not right but people do it all the time. It wouldn’t surprise me if afterward he was back to saying the same things he said on the video.

Man I sure hope not, but could be.

Good for him. I liked Banks as a football player. I'm glad to see this whole thing didn't make him self destruct and give up. I would support bringing him back if the coach and team decided it, but that's none of my business. Either way, good luck to Banks going forward.

Lol, always love masking stupidity with Christianity. I forgot to pray before saying we shoot cops....lol ( assuming thats what he is referring to)
How bout just own up to his own stupidity instead of hiding behind religion?
I can see both sides. The early returns do seem to indicate that one or two people of his generation might perhaps be a wee bit immune to the whole concept of personal responsibility for one's actions...That said, if he is being sincere and not just making a half-hearted effort at image rehab, he deserves forgiveness/a second chance just like anyone else. And, saying one shoots cops is a few levels removed from actually doing it.

That indicates he's trying to.

Worked out nice for JJ. Maybe they can help Banks get on track.

Jauan Jennings never really did anything that "bad"; he just criticized some incompetent coaches.

I have mixed views on Banks. In the grand scheme of things, what he did was bad, but it wasn't terrible. But watching those videos of him and it's clear he has very poor character. The way he acts in those videos is more disturbing than any of his official crimes.

You want to provide that "basically threatened to kill a cop" quote? Because that's not what he said according to what I read... not even close. He ran his mouth when he should have just shut up. If he does some time with some officers and learns to appreciate them... then I really don't see a good reason not to give him another shot. You might just end up turning the kid's life around and gaining someone who appreciates what he almost lost more than most.

“Where I’m from we kill cops”

We indicated he is involved in that too.

Jauan Jennings never really did anything that "bad"; he just criticized some incompetent coaches.

I have mixed views on Banks. In the grand scheme of things, what he did was bad, but it wasn't terrible. But watching those videos of him and it's clear he has very poor character. The way he acts in those videos is more disturbing than any of his official crimes.

If he walks back through the door I’m interested in how the team reacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back