Jeff Fisher comments on interest in the UT job

I am curious on why he would be a bad hire? 22 years as an NFL HC. It’s not like he has forgot how to coach. I feel like it would be a major upgrade over what we currently have.
An upgrade for sure. Just not sure how connected with the next generation of athletes coming through.

Wasn't sure how I felt about this. I wanted to read some comments and think about it awhile before I weighed in and gave my opinion (not that my opinion means anything).

I think it would be a decent hire. With the right assistant coaches around him he could do well.

The man can coach, he can handle pressure, he can manage a staff, he can probably put together a staff that would excite recruits, and as long as he lets his assistants do their jobs without micromanaging them, I think he would do fine.

As short as UT's list of candidates will probably be, we could do much worse.

Hell Jeff Fisher could be the next Pete Carroll. Guy that failed in the NFL but was a great CEO that hired super talented college staff coaches. He was a great salesman to recruits, alumni, and the media. Just hope he doesn’t get caught landing us our own Reggie Bush.

I'd be ALL CAPS OUT if that happens! This is an offensive league now....not a ground/pound milk the clock league!

The more I think about his, Fisher didn't just blurt this out.

Someone had to approach him, or he had a conversation with someone. And why would the media be asking him if he would be interested in the UT head coaching job?

I can't remember his name ever coming up in any of our past coaching searches. He has only been retired for 4 years, but other coaches that were employed have been discussed to no end.

It just seems strange to me that this came out of left field.

Be a great bridge hire
Get the program stable again.
Competing in games with a soild staff I'd say he'd bring in
Recruits parents will remember him coaching in the super bowl.
He wants the job,that means a lot considering the situation right now
500 in the NFL is a good coach
Could do a lot worse imo.

Your also comparing 17 games coached vs 165. Little bit different

Saban and his staff chose Drew Brees and offered him a contract before they ended up having to go with Daunte Culpepper. Had Brees passed his physical then Alabama would have never seen Saban. What if.....

VN Store

Back