Jeff Fisher comments on interest in the UT job

I would rather play for a coach that coached in a super bowl than one that coached in a Big 12 etc Champ game

After all the end game with these kids is get to the NFL and a super bowl

Reactions: Nouveaux
Do what? He's literally never been a coach of any kind on the offensive side of the ball.

Are you talking about a different Jeff Fisher?
He was involved in a lot of play calling on the offensive side. To me watching him, I thought he was a genius calling a lot of plays though.

He was involved in a lot of play calling on the offensive side. To me watching him, I thought he was a genius calling a lot of plays though.

What are you even talking about right now? He never had anything to do with the offense. He was completely hands off.

I'm kind of afraid that most current recruits know McNair more because of the news of his death as opposed to his play on the field. Certainly none of them can even remember watching him play live.
Agreed...just because they play football doesn't mean they know who's who, especially those that aren't still in the media some way or big time winners/record holders

He took his wildcard Titans and beat south champion, Peyton Manning led Colts in Indianapolis. That he made the Titans a perennial winner despite psycho owner meddling was quite an accomplishment. Adams made some shi**y 1st round picks

How long ago was that? Look at his HC record the past 6-7 years. Fisher is terrible. Tied for most losses in NFL history. Oh wow he beat Peyton. Big deal. He won jack squat in the NFL. He is old and is an old school defensive minded coach.

With all the NFL job openings in the past 5 years, why hasn’t any team come calling?

Reactions: Nasavol
63 years old. Hasn’t coached in 4 years and has absolutely no experience coaching at the college level. That said, welcome to Vol Nation Coach Fisher!
He has the knowledge to run this program and sure has the name recognition to get some great 4 and 5 star recruits here. He's likeable and much better than CJP

Reactions: goldvol
He has the knowledge to run this program and sure has the name recognition to get some great 4 and 5 star recruits here. He's likeable and much better than CJP
You're using the worst coach in UT history as a standard to rise above. Get outta here.

You sound like you don’t want him here for some reason?

Like I said, I'd be perfectly fine with it. I'm simply disputing your assertions that are absolutely false.

You are free to think that Fisher would be a great coach at UT. I disagree. But that's a matter of opinion.

However, if the reasoning behind your opinion is that Fisher is an offensive whiz, then your reasoning is at odds with reality. That's not me knocking Fisher. That's me being a Titans fan since they moved to town and knowing Fisher's history.

VN Store

Back