Jeff Fisher comments on interest in the UT job

I agree with you. Fisher should be able to attract the top notch recruits. Hire Fisher and keep Chaney. He still owns his farm with two creeks over near Kingston Springs.

Why would a bad NFL HC, who has been out of coaching for almost 5 years be able to attract top recruits?

Nah. His day has passed. We need guys who can recruit like a mutha and do more with less. I'd also like a hire who will get gums flapping about our program. I can't think of two better choices than Freeze and Kiffin. Let's go outside the box one damned time. Roll the dice and get one of these two. Both know this league. Both can recruit. Both can handle the pressure of UT and a rebuild. No more hope and a prayer hires. Get someone who can swim in these waters. Both those guys can and have won in this league. I don't give a damn what the media or anyone else says about the hire. They get UT winning again and no one will care.
I think the major issue here is that they might refuse/have refused the job.

Why would a bad NFL HC, who has been out of coaching for almost 5 years be able to attract top recruits?

Bad NFL coaches don't coach there nearly 2 decades. They come back and take the South Carolina or Alabama job.

Fisher is 14th in NFL history in career wins. Went to the Super Bowl and won his division multiple times. In the NFL no coach has ever won even 70 percent of their games. Not even Belichick or Paul Brown. The league is designed to produce a .500 record over the long haul.

Fisher was far far from a bad coach.

I keep seeing the NFL record brought up and it reminds me of hearing a interview of a retired NFL player and what he had to say about the difference between the NFL and college. He stated that the jump to college from high school was a huge leap not only in speed and strength but technique as well but the jump from college to pros could be compared to going from jr high straight to college.

I think UT could do worse. At this point, anything but JP, and it’s better than what they have hired recently.

Guys to be honest with you I would not be upset over fisher taking the job...I mean he has been to the super bowl and almost won the damn thing...He would be better in college than in the NFL dealing with a bunch of millionares...Just surround himself with some good recruiters and he might be a hit...Plus he needs to make it up to us after that INT he made against us in 1980.

Also...I always thought Fisher had his 💩 together. He walked, talked and acted like a coach that was in control of his team. He wasn’t a fish out of the water.

Watching the clowns that have patrolled the sideline the last 10 years, that would be a welcome change.

Besides...anyone that “wants” to be at UT, respects the program, and calls his shots that he’d be interested...I’m on board.

These guys may retire but they are still involved in the sport. They have contact with coaches every week. Everybody was beside themselves with the mere mention of Gruden but he was out of coaching for 10 years......oh I forgot his wife was a cheerleader and he was a coffee fetcher on the hill while he worked at Hooters.

Reactions: Vollifer1949

VN Store

Back