Jalen Hurts and Dan Enos (please)

It's been rumored that we are actually trying to get tuas brother or another high recruit. But it isn't necessary with Mauer committed, only a luxury. Last year, it was necessary because they didn't know what they had and needed options. They chose JG. Not the transfer. I would guess that had they known how it worked out, they would have spent that spot on another oline man. Hindsight is 20/20.
I dont think we take another QB this year unless its a transfer

The simplest truth is, if Hurts transfers, it'll be to a team that can make serious run. There's about 6 to 8 teams just on the bubble of getting into the playoffs that he could go to. LSU could be one, Texas, FSU, whoever. If he's wanting a year to develop, and a chance to win. That's the route. He may just go to the NFL and roll the dice. Second contact is the money contract anyways. He'd be drafted 3rd round or better just on potential.
I won't argue he has better options but I just don't think he will stay at Bama and he shouldn't IMO

Hurts didnt have the defense benefit tonight. He just needed to score. He is under Saban and yes, he does a great job. Enos knows him and could call a great game for him like Kiffin did. BRIAN D. caused Jalen to lose his position last year. SIMMS was made great by Kiffin

You fail to see the main point. Its Sabans system. Bamas defense showed up in the second half. You are also just glossing over the extreme discrepancy in talent between us and Bama. I think Enos would be a good OC. But bringing Hurts with him here would do nothing.

Bama has made a living making average QBs look dynamite under Saban.

You fail to see the main point. Its Sabans system. Bamas defense showed up in the second half. You are also just glossing over the extreme discrepancy in talent between us and Bama. I think Enos would be a good OC. But bringing Hurts with him here would do nothing.

Easy when you have a half hour to throw the ball.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I will give my opinions. No. Reasons? One, while we look at Hurts playing good understand what team he is on. Alabama is loaded beyond belief. They can make even non QBs who play QB look like Heisman candidates. Blake Simms is the perfect example. Also, the coaching staff. Hurts is playing under the unquestioned GOAT college football coach. Who just also happens to be one of the best defensive minds the game has ever seen. Hurts hae the benefit of an ELITE defense to back him up. Factor in the best WRs in the nation, dominante TEs and Rbs. Oh and how could I forget, the best OL in the country.

He would have absolutely nothing even remotely close to that here at TN. Hurts woukd be running for his life constantly.

Which he can do.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

This is not Sabans system. He is not even an offensive coach. What im glossing over is his ability to move and make throws down the field. Ga dine lived in the backfield tonight and Hurts escaped and made plays.

I won't argue he has better options but I just don't think he will stay at Bama and he shouldn't IMO

Agreed, unless he just loves it there and wants another championship. Imho, he should go the NFL route. Look at Lamar Jackson. The copy cat league will have someone salivating to get Hurts.

I’d be good with Enos. If he brought anyone with I’d be ok with that too. Still would like Freeze, Briles, or even Lindsay. There are plenty of OC’s available that could help us.
How did you get in here? Sensible thoughts not allowed are they? Let me double check, am I on volnation?

And if he was gonna leave, why in God’s green earth would he go to a ish program like UT and get his ass beat up while losing 6-7 games? I don’t see it.

Enos, ok. But there’s no way Hurts is leaving a great, championship program like Alabama and coming to this shiite hole. Why in hell would he do that? To lose 6-7 games and get his head beat in?

Good grief. And you asked volfannbama why he laughed. This is some D4H kind of chit right here.

This is not Sabans system. He is not even an offensive coach. What im glossing over is his ability to move and make throws down the field. Ga dine lived in the backfield tonight and Hurts escaped and made plays.

Yes it most certainly is Sabans system. Why is it that Saban has had what 6-7 different OCs? And his offense always looks great.

Yes Hurts can move and make good throws. Thats because he has elite talent all around him. Here at TN, we dont have WRs that can get open and burn DBs like Bamas. You can continue thinking that Hurts would shine here if you want. But with our talent, he likely would be hating life. Also, the first bad game he had people would be turning on him.

Ok. Have we seen Shrout play? Have we seen Hurts play on our team with our talent?

For one thing my argument is hypothetical because I know Hurts will not be playing for UT next year. I do not know anything about Shrout except that he has good technique the scouts loved. A negative is that Shrout threw over 20 interceptions in High School which IMO a really hard stat to accomplish. If by some act of God that Hurts came here, I'm fairly certain he would be better than any QB's on our roster at least for 2019 (JG, Shrout & Maurer).

VN Store

Back