Jalen Hurts and Dan Enos (please)

I said as a QB. He did get drafted but how much QB will he play. Time will tell.
Wellllllll Ill give you this you can politic! They didn't burn a 2nd round pick on something the guy had never played, surely you cant believe otherwise. He was drafted in the 2nd round as an NFL QB not Ath not DE or O-Lineman not Slot or TE. My contention was this when we were discussing Hurts possibly X fering in 2018 was he was the second best QB besides Tua in the SEC and I would be happy to have him. NFL draft proved that out, Tua 1rst rd, Lock and Hurts 2nd rd (and yes Lock went 11 positions higher) and Fromm 5th round. I will conveniently overlook the fact we all missed the Joe Burrow sweepstakes:eek: but I made another post about looking to fill/ upgrade positions through transfers. I feel like you can substantially upgrade certain places by accepting a transfer, they aren't the leftover unsuccessful retreads some VN posters make them out to be. Comments like "They didn't work out at loser U so why do we need them at UT?"
3 out of the 4 QBs in the national championship hunt in 2019 were transfers.

Jalen Hurts, QB, Philadelphia Eagles
Philadelphia Eagles select QB Jalen Hurts on Day 2
Eagles drafted Jalen Hurts because Carson Wentz hurts | Bob Ford

He was drafted as and is a qb. He is a better passer than Josh Allen who is a starter.

Wentz is injury prone. They need another qb who could potentially start.

In that article there is a related article posted with a laughable title:
Eagles drafting Russell Wilson clone Jalen Hurts in second round makes sense, like signing Nick Foles in 2017 | Marcus Hayes

Hurts is not a Russell Wilson clone. At all.

Eagles drafting Russell Wilson clone Jalen Hurts in second round makes sense, like signing Nick Foles in 2017 | Marcus Hayes

Definitely not a Wilson clone.

"Wentz has missed all or most of 25% of the Eagles’ games the past three seasons — 14 of 54 games — and he has played just nine playoff snaps"

He was definitely drafted to be a QB.

Yeah WIlson was told to hit the road by Tom Obrien when he said he wanted to play Baseball and Football so he left went to the Badgers and got drafted. Afterwards NC State fan said Our guy got drafted in the 2nd round because that was the highest Qb drafted from State since a guy that played in San diego for a while. Yeah not the same at all Bama has had several first rounders at QB since Joe Namath. All kidding aside Wilson is smaller more accurate thrower longer downfield than Hurts ever thought about but there was a lot of doubt about Wilson until he was an MVP and All Pro and proved he had the heart to get better at finding lanes between or around those 6'6" D linemen. Those of us that watched him here in Raleigh knew what heart and hard work would do. Not recognizing it cost Obrien his job. Heart wont take you everywhere but it will get you in the door. Different player for sure but similar in some respects.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Definitely not a Wilson clone.

"Wentz has missed all or most of 25% of the Eagles’ games the past three seasons — 14 of 54 games — and he has played just nine playoff snaps"

He was definitely drafted to be a QB.
I would never debate that. I do think being picked that high was surprising though. I’m not really sure who I can compare him to. Maybe a more athletic Alex Smith? His arm won’t win games, but his intangibles will help make him a long term pro. I think he needs to work on his ball control.

Reactions: k-town_king
Yeah WIlson was told to hit the road by Tom Obrien when he said he wanted to play Baseball and Football so he left went to the Badgers and got drafted. Afterwards NC State fan said Our guy got drafted in the 2nd round because that was the highest Qb drafted from State since a guy that played in San diego for a while. Yeah not the same at all Bama has had several first rounders at QB since Joe Namath. All kidding aside Wilson is smaller more accurate thrower longer downfield than Hurts ever thought about but there was a lot of doubt about Wilson until he was an MVP and All Pro and proved he had the heart to get better at finding lanes between or around those 6'6" D linemen. Those of us that watched him here in Raleigh knew what heart and hard work would do. Not recognizing it cost Obrien his job. Heart wont take you everywhere but it will get you in the door. Different player for sure but similar in some respects.
I’m from Durham so I kind of saw the Tom O’Brien/ RW stuff front and Center too. I’m trying to remember if State would’ve had him when we played them in the Chick Fil-A kickoff or not. Oh well I’m glad it was Mike Glennon instead. Somehow State keeps putting QBs in the League.

Reactions: bag12day
I’m from Durham so I kind of saw the Tom O’Brien/ RW stuff front and Center too. I’m trying to remember if State would’ve had him when we played them in the Chick Fil-A kickoff or not. Oh well I’m glad it was Mike Glennon instead. Somehow State keeps putting QBs in the League.
The RDU was the give away lol... Hell looking back at "heart guys" Colton Jumper comes to mind. NWIH did I ever see him being a starter in the SEC much less getting drafted. There are a few guys that every team needs as a rah rah role model hard work, lead the way guy that isn't the best position player like in hockey they are role player 4th line/ 4th Quarter 3rd string guys. Not 2nd round picks. That being said (and the reason I don't watch) is most team in the NFL would take a player that hit his own mother if it would make them win.
Wilson was already done at Wisconsin and Glennon was a Senior when we played them In Atlanta. I took the Manager of the business I own along with his wife and son to the game and he has NCSU season tickets and it was a glorious ride back from Charlotte.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I guess it's a sign of the times but it doesn't happen very often that a player starts in a playoff/ BCS "type" bowl for 2 different teams. Hurts and Brock Berlin (I think) are the only ones I can think of. Anyone know of others? Even at other positions.

VN Store

Back