Is Rocky Top out dated?

There's an astonishing number of people who don't know what a troll is.

Hint: it's not a poster who's a fan of a rival school.

Congrats, y'all; you just made OP's day.

Thread moved to another forum last year re "Research finds many Internet trolls are 'everyday sadists' "

Does that headline help understanding what a troll is?

Reactions: 1 person
The only thing worse than trolls are those who run from thread to thread, calling everyone they disagree with a troll.

I know the OP has to be trolling, but I have still got to say that when the Pride begins the intro to Rocky Top, it is one of the most glorious sounds in all of creation. It does not sound outdated or even "hillbilly-ish"...it sounds like a harmonious fanfare of greatness.

Gives me chillbumps.

Reactions: 4 people
"I know this may not be a popular idea, but just wondering how most fans feel."

Guess you found out there Mr. Dooley....

Does anyone think that maybe playing a 50 year old hillbilly country song is past it's prime? With the advent of other music to pump up the crowd and the team gaining popularity nationwide, it may be time to consider making a change. My first home game was in 1972, when I saw Haskel Stanback run the opening kickoff back for a TD against Penn State, in a Big Orange victory. Rocky Top wasn't played then and thie crowd didn't seem to miss it. I know this may not be a popular idea, but just wondering how most fans feel.

Please never, and I mean never, post on here again!

Reactions: 3 people
Crank it OP, until your eyes get misty and your feet get to stompin'!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frWKvHUMGII[/youtube]

Does anyone think that maybe playing a 50 year old hillbilly country song is past it's prime? With the advent of other music to pump up the crowd and the team gaining popularity nationwide, it may be time to consider making a change. My first home game was in 1972, when I saw Haskel Stanback run the opening kickoff back for a TD against Penn State, in a Big Orange victory. Rocky Top wasn't played then and the crowd didn't seem to miss it. I know this may not be a popular idea, but just wondering how most fans feel.

I don't know what's worse , your thread or the 5 likes you got.

You-Shut-Your-Mouth-When-Youre-Talking-to-Me.gif

Does anyone think that maybe playing a 50 year old hillbilly country song is past it's prime? With the advent of other music to pump up the crowd and the team gaining popularity nationwide, it may be time to consider making a change. My first home game was in 1972, when I saw Haskel Stanback run the opening kickoff back for a TD against Penn State, in a Big Orange victory. Rocky Top wasn't played then and the crowd didn't seem to miss it. I know this may not be a popular idea, but just wondering how most fans feel.

272.gif

VN Store

Back