If the fans showing displeasure at refs in Neyland hurts you

Doesn't hurt me personally but, hurt the University. UT will pay for that dearly. Lane Kiffin got in the students heads and voila, he won. Terrible performance by referees and Velus gift on the 5 yard line spotted Rebs 14 points. Great performance by Tennessee overall though and enjoyed a tough game. Throwing stuff is not a smart thing to do and I expect many to go to jail or pay fines. They have it all on video like the dummies on 6 January at the Capital and the nuts in 2020 all over America who looted and burned. C'mon people, grow up and wake up. We have great potential here at UT if we quit shooting ourselves in the foot and suckers to big Tech and ESPN.

Did you see it? Didn't you record it? If so, go watch it.
I watched it and the replays as they were shown on tv. I don’t record the games.

I thought it was close, probably still short, but about a yard away from where the ref 20 yards behind the play marked it. If it’s a called a first down on the field it likely stands.

I’d like to see this definitive proof he was a yard short. I don’t take issue with folks saying the call could go either way, but I don’t see how it was definitely a full yard short like some are claiming.

So, does anyone have the photo of ball on hip? Please and thanks

He got the first down. Just barely but it should have kept the chains moving.

Like I said before, if that was another player in a Bama or Georgia uniform, referees wouldn’t have hesitated to call that a first down.

Sankey is the reason why the rest of the SEC is screwed.

Attachments

• 11EAA8B4-5FF1-401C-A2D6-F18AB6DC9BD7.jpeg
    11EAA8B4-5FF1-401C-A2D6-F18AB6DC9BD7.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 20
Amazing how dense some are on here when there is clear evidence the ruling on the field was right. But it’s the vol fan base. Complain about everything.
You mean like the clear evidence of a scoop and score TD. I've never in my life seen a TD get called back bc the opposing team's QB couldn't hear🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

You mean like the clear evidence of a scoop and score TD. I've never in my life seen a TD get called back bc the opposing team's QB couldn't hear🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

One has zero to do with the other. The 4th down review was decided by the review booth officials. The Barron TD debacle was ruled on the field and not reviewable. Sadly many people can’t separate the two plays…..

I have. First time back here in a long time. I no longer support 'Berkley East'. Tennessee is no longer Tennessee. There's statues outside the stadium because of the color of their skin....racism in its finest. Team, administration and UT media type all for BLM. Volleyball team and unLady Vols kneeled at anthem. Liberalism, not China or Russia, is our number one enemy. If you support UT then you are supporting liberalism and are a liberal, too.

Just told my brother I will not be sending my kids to TN nor will I raise them to like TN. As an alum, I am embarrassed not by the fans last night though I don't condone throwing things on the field, but I am embarrassed by what you have described and the complete lack of leadership of this school. TN is a joke and it's because of the idiotic leadership, no because of the fans.

Go back and look at the replay again. His right hand was maybe a foot past the yellow line. Problem is, the ball was in his left hand down at his hip. He is over 6 feet, that's half his body length, which is....a yard.

Math is your friend.

There was no decent angle for replay because this was a throw away SECN game. The call on the field was ****, the play couldn’t be adequately reviewed. It was the straw that broke the camels back for the fans. You are arguing the the wrong point.

Ignorance is supposed to be bliss, why are you so mad?

Fear of what? I was pissed about the fumble TD that was called back but it’s just football. It shouldn’t turn into some kind of threat of violence or actual violence. That’s absurd.

Do you believe this was the only game this crewed ****ed over a team? MSU vs Memphis was allowed to happen with zero repercussions. If the SEC doesn’t care that they have grossly incompetent refs then fans need to make them care

If it would not have been overturned then you should quit with the "clearly" language. I think he was right at the line to gain, however I didn't see absolute evidence to make that official. I can however say with certainty that were they spotted it wasn't correct.
Well we can disagree. I've watched a dozen times and the " ball" was clearly short of the line to make.

The receiver was short of the first down marker. There is no question about it.
Now if the 'fans' wanted to show their displeasure they picked the wrong time to do it. The appropriate time, if there is an appropriate time was the strip of the QB and reversal.
The "fans" throwing crap all over the field were mad at that point because they realized the game was most likely lost. Those fans acted in a childlike manner, something Kiffy would have done.

It was ugly and only gave Kiffin good press and the Tennessee program bad press.

Not only that, but there late in the 4th when Corral was hurt and on the field a while.....he stands......then falls down again...........the cheers from the Vols there was absolutely disgusting! You may not like the fact that you're losing or whatever, but actively cheering like that when a player is hurt is just about the bottom of the garbage barrel! You never cheer for a hurt player. Class is totally gone from Neyland in my opinion.

Reactions: Zues1
Now if the 'fans' wanted to show their displeasure they picked the wrong time to do it. The appropriate time, if there is an appropriate time was the strip of the QB and reversal.
The "fans" throwing crap all over the field were mad at that point because they realized the game was most likely lost. Those fans acted in a childlike manner, something Kiffy would have done.

It was ugly and only gave Kiffin good press and the Tennessee program bad press.
First there absolutely was question about it unless you’re blind as F.

Second still no excuse for what happened.

Refs screwed up, fans screwed up; refs are paid to maintain some level of accountability the fans aren’t.

Initially and soon after I thought he had crossed the LTG, but after seeing it several times they actually got the call right. That is irrelevant really as even if he had crossed the line by 10 yards, it is never a reason to react the way they did last night.

Reactions: vader
First there absolutely was question about it unless you’re blind as F.

Second still no excuse for what happened.

Refs screwed up, fans screwed up; refs are paid to maintain some level of accountability the fans aren’t.
Yes apparently a lot of people are drunk blind as F.

Were the fans also displeased with our cheerleaders and band?
Wrong place at the wrong time smh
Clearly was
Actually, that play would have stood regardless of which way it was called. There wasn't a clear view to say he made it or not that's why the Ref said "the call stands" instead of the "call was confirmed". There were a million eyes on the play and not 1 soul knows for a fact if it was a bad spot or not. People are saying he had it in his left hand. The problem is he 6'6 & his entire torso is across the 1st down. The biggest issue everyone has is the ref that spotted the ball was 20 yards away. Unless dude has the eye sight of an eagle he can't make that call.

As Lane said, Any publicity is good publicity.

There was no decent angle for replay because this was a throw away SECN game. The call on the field was ****, the play couldn’t be adequately reviewed. It was the straw that broke the camels back for the fans. You are arguing the the wrong point.

Ignorance is supposed to be bliss, why are you so mad?

There was the replay from the endzone that showed when his knee touched and where the ball was being possessed. When combined with the wide angle and synced up to the same time, it’s clear as day. I’m assuming it’s safe to say you don’t know how the SEC review booths work in ever stadium in the SEC

Well we can disagree. I've watched a dozen times and the " ball" was clearly short of the line to make.
I have zero problem with disagreeing at all. Thats why I asked what your interpretation would have been had it been a first down on the field. I agree that I dont think that would have been overturned either.

He may of been a half yard short. The spot wasn't right to begin with.. Doesn't matter, he was short of the line to gain..
Had the receiver reached out and carried the ball over the 1st down marker, he'd likely have made it, but he 'd carried the ball low and tight, so not to be stripped of the ball. It was replayed and reviewed , and while it was so close, there was no video evidence that he reached the line. The refs didn't conspire to deny UT a first down, and the likelihood of pulling out the game was slim. We'd allowed Corral to set a personal best by running roughshod, unchecked all night long.

Reactions: Rocky Top Raby
Every shot I saw showed the ball appeared to be in a normal tucked position. Which would be above the waist to slightly below the shoulder. I didnt see evidence to overturn it, however he was real close to the line to gain and certainly not where they spotted the ball. My opinion is they wouldn't have overturned it if they had initially ruled a first down.
To me, the ball looked lower, at his waist. Other than a difference of opinion on that point, the rest of what you said is spot on.

Do you believe this was the only game this crewed ****ed over a team? MSU vs Memphis was allowed to happen with zero repercussions. If the SEC doesn’t care that they have grossly incompetent refs then fans need to make them care
Ok Batman. You go get ‘em.

VN Store

Back