If the fans showing displeasure at refs in Neyland hurts you

Had the receiver reached out and carried the ball over the 1st down marker, he'd likely have made it, but he 'd carried the ball low and tight, so not to be stripped of the ball. It was replayed and reviewed , and while it was so close, there was no video evidence that he reached the line. The refs didn't conspire to deny UT a first down, and the likelihood of pulling out the game was slim. We'd allowed Corral to set a personal best by running roughshod, unchecked all night long.
Yeah. We tried to take away to deep.stuff and he killed us with his legs. I would have made him.beat me with the long ball..

And this photo isn’t even at the exact moment his knee went down. When you combine this angle above with the angle from the endzone cameras, it’s pretty definitive.
It looks clear to me that's the moment the knee touches down. You can see the moment his right leg hits the field. He should've been holding the ball in the other hand.

I totally remember that play!!!! I was watching and I said, "what is going on? There's no way should be snapping from there. He was down on the line!?"

It was like this all night. No one is talking about the Corral scramble out of bounds that they overruled and gave a first down. He stepped on the line at the 45. They placed the ball on the 46. He was carrying it in his outside hand and it was out of bounds way before he stepped out.

Hose job by the refs all night.

It looks clear to me that's the moment the knee touches down. You can see the moment his right leg hits the field. He should've been holding the ball in the other hand.

No. I’m saying the photo is a bit after his knee went down. When you show the instant his knee was down, the mark was right. He was short regardless. People acting like we didn’t force a 3 and out.

And that is why people are pissed. At least me, it was close enough for some teams, but not us.

That isn’t competent officiating, and it isn’t the fair play and sportsmanship the fanbase is getting lambasted for not having last night.

I really hate this conference.
The SEC officials are the must crooked bunch of crooks ever in sports. It’s obvious to anyone that’s been paying attention . It’s been this way for years now and only getting worse.

He got the first down. Just barely but it should have kept the chains moving.

Like I said before, if that was another player in a Bama or Georgia uniform, referees wouldn’t have hesitated to call that a first down.

Sankey is the reason why the rest of the SEC is screwed.
I also thought that was a terrible spot and the UT receiver made the line needed for a 1st down.

Look, he may have been short on the play, but y'all are discounting the fact we had watched a while game of Ole Miss given and extra yard and us being spotted short. It's cumulative.

Here we go again. On the most important play of the game.

Every angle I saw clearly showed he right knee not contact the ground until it was on the 41. He may not have made the 40 but you can't spot the ball on the 41.

Fans are right to be pissed. Not right to throw things, but the Ole Miss fans started it. I was a section away and saw it all.

He may of been a half yard short. The spot wasn't right to begin with.. Doesn't matter, he was short of the line to gain..
Had the receiver reached out and carried the ball over the 1st down marker, he'd likely have made it, but he 'd carried the ball low and tight, so not to be stripped of the ball. It was replayed and reviewed , and while it was so close, there was no video evidence that he reached the line. The refs didn't conspire to deny UT a first down, and the likelihood of pulling out the game was slim. We'd allowed Corral to set a personal best by running roughshod, unchecked all night long.

One has zero to do with the other. The 4th down review was decided by the review booth officials. The Barron TD debacle was ruled on the field and not reviewable. Sadly many people can’t separate the two plays…..
Bro they were both judgment calls. If the ref that's 20 yards away spots a 1st down the play would have stood bc their wasn't enough evidence to overturn it one way or another. Replay booth said the call "stands" not the call was "confirmed". That means they didn't have evidence to overturn the call on the field doesn't mean the call was right. When they say the call is confirmed it means they are 100% sure it's the right call. Nobody knows if he was short or not bc there isn't a clear picture of the ball and the sticks. There was nothing to review on the scoop & score yet all the refs got together after the play to make a judgement call. Both teams literally had the kick team's on the field smh. They let them finish the play which means the ruling on the field was a fumble. That alone makes the play reviewable. Refs are literally trained to not blow the whistle on fumbles so they can go back and review the play.

Bro they were both judgment calls. If the ref that's 20 yards away spots a 1st down the play would have stood bc their wasn't enough evidence to overturn it one way or another. Replay booth said the call "stands" not the call was "confirmed". That means they didn't have evidence to overturn the call on the field doesn't mean the call was right. When they say the call is confirmed it means they are 100% sure it's the right call. Nobody knows if he was short or not bc there isn't a clear picture of the ball and the sticks. There was nothing to review on the scoop & score yet all the refs got together after the play to make a judgement call. Both teams literally had the kick team's on the field smh. They let them finish the play which means the ruling on the field was a fumble. That alone makes the play reviewable. Refs are literally trained to not blow the whistle on fumbles so they can go back and review the play.

One “judgement” call went to the review booth. One fraudulent “judgement” call was not reviewable. They are no related.

VN Store

Back