If the fans showing displeasure at refs in Neyland hurts you

I agree that call was right but in the first quarter, there was a similar play that was obviously a first down that they called back. Plus the scoop and score. IMO, if you make one bad call one way, make another the other way to make the game fair.

I’m also not sure why people are upset about the initial call on the field on the 4th play. Sure it sucks Warren didn’t convert but had they ruled it a first down, it’s pretty evident from the endzone angle replay that he was short. First down would have easily been overturned. I just find it so weird people are dying on this hill of all the plays and moments in the game.

Cant like this enough. Not a soul to block the view of the ball yet we never see it clearly. Add Rodgers saying he had the ball at his waist when he went down but replay clearly showed it was high and tight against the 8 on the front of his jersey.
The fact we are arguing about it the next day still proves the point that there was no conclusive evidence to change the call.

The fans should have at least waited until the clock ticked 0. Tennessee still had a shot to win the game with :54 left.
I learned my lesson in South Carolina a few years ago when I left with 4 minutes to go... We all know how that turned out.

Thank you Josh Dobbs.....

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
The fact we are arguing about it the next day still proves the point that there was no conclusive evidence to change the call.
True, but why is there no conclusive evidence is my question. In a multi million dollar industry we don't have a camera angle from the other side of the field? There was no one to block the view just needed the video. Sad really. Things that seem to happen to the Vols way too often.

The ruling on 4th down was ruled correctly, short of the first down, and verified by the booth review which showed two camera angles when combined show Warren was short of the first.

Not sure how you can say the 4th down ruling was horrible officiated….. I’m willing to give you benefit of doubt you are looking at that play objectively without any bias from anything else that happened in the game. I don’t get vibe from you that one blown call means every call is blown and was anti Tennessee
They didn't verify anything in the booth on 4th & 27. They literally announced that the "play stands" which means they don't have irrefutable evidence to overturn the call. That doesn't mean the call was correct it means they can't tell one way or the other so the call on the field stands. Now had he said the call "is confirmed" you would have an argument bc a confirmed call means they have clear evidence he was short. U don't have a view straight down the line so nobody honestly knows if he made it or not. You can see where his knee goes down but u can't see exactly where the ball is when his knee went down. I watched a similar play at the goaline in the Cowboys/Eagles game on a QB sneak. You could piece together that Dak made it but there wasn't a clear cut view so the play stood as called on the field. Didn't mean he didn't score they just couldn't prove that he did.

Tough loss, lot of bad calls from assumed professionally trained and non biased referees. Ha
I was afraid when the game was over that things would really erupt and even damages outside of stadium, thankfully have not heard of any.

What is sickening to me is this morning I googled “Tennessee fans” and could not believe how many articles from all over the country and the words used to describe Vol fans. Other games have had similar disruptions but I can’t recall the fans being called such names. And how they glorified Ole Miss and Kiffin being such poor innocent victims.
Yes, as a result of it all we deserve bad press, but it is like they literally hate Tennessee, and are so thrilled to write such damning articles. And some of the worst articles were from Tennessee newspapers.

I think from now on to be a Vol fan is us against the world. Just wait till Alabama game and see how they will trash us. I would literally give at least $1,000 if it would assure that we beat AL. I know beating them is almost impossible, but what a great time to shock the arse holes of the world.

Tennessee fans act like toddlers, get away with it

I’m also not sure why people are upset about the initial call on the field on the 4th play. Sure it sucks Warren didn’t convert but had they ruled it a first down, it’s pretty evident from the endzone angle replay that he was short. First down would have easily been overturned. I just find it so weird people are dying on this hill of all the plays and moments in the game.

It is because people are tired of getting bullied. Let's be honest.

We are tried of not being competitive with Alabama and Saban in general. Tired of hearing from Florida, Georgia, Alabama, etc. fans every year about how we are irrelevant ****.

Tired of games always going against us and the refs calling against us. Refs were bad in Pittsburgh game as well.

It is the symptom of College Football. It is just not a healthy sport when you have the same teams winning for so long and other teams, like Tennessee, being bad for so long. You need more parity in the league and I am not talking about parity like Georgia State beating Tennessee but parity like Alabama and Ohio State losing 2-3 games and not winning the conference while teams like Michigan, Nebraska, and Tennessee actually win their league and making playoffs.

2019 was nice to see someone not named Alabama, Clemson, or Ohio State win it all for once even if it was LSU.

The sport is becoming a tired trope and Tennessee losing is a tired trope as well. No one wants to lose. Sports is supposed to be entertaining and fun. How has it been fun for Tennessee fans the last 15 years? It is like a movie, if the movie is bad, they need to fix it.

True, but why is there no conclusive evidence is my question. In a multi million dollar industry we don't have a camera angle from the other side of the field? There was no one to block the view just needed the video. Sad really. Things that seem to happen to the Vols way too often.

That's what I was thinking, all the millions/billions they bring in they can't have a better angle than that. I get every game probably can't have a million angles but come on. I've wondered why they haven't put cameras on the refs yet, see exactly their perspective.

They didn't verify anything in the booth on 4th & 27. They literally announced that the "play stands" which means they don't have irrefutable evidence to overturn the call. That doesn't mean the call was correct it means they can't tell one way or the other so the call on the field stands. Now had he said the call "is confirmed" you would have an argument bc a confirmed call means they have clear evidence he was short. U don't have a view straight down the line so nobody honestly knows if he made it or not. You can see where his knee goes down but u can't see exactly where the ball is when his knee went down. I watched a similar play at the goaline in the Cowboys/Eagles game on a QB sneak. You could piece together that Dak made it but there wasn't a clear cut view so the play stood as called on the field. Didn't mean he didn't score they just couldn't prove that he did.

Yes you can see where the ball is. The endzone replay angle showed WHEN his knee touched and WHERE he was possessing the ball. The wide angle replay shows WHERE he was on the field.

So with two replays, you have when his knee was down, where he was on the field, and where the ball was on his body. You’re arguing semantics with how they worded it.

Honest question - you do understand how the league review booths work and why they have like 4 monitors right? You understand they sync multiple replays and angles up at the same time when one definitive replay angle isn’t available right?

There were two angles that when combined and synced showed he was short. I’m not sure why people are having trouble understanding this unless they simply don’t understand or comprehend how reviews are conducted inside the league booths in each SEC stadium.

At least we didn't behead the refs for being awful at their jobs like they do around where my wife's from.

The ref 20 yards away made the right ruling which was short of the first down. Video confirmed that we didn’t get the first down.
That's total BS. I've been on plenty football fields and there is no way in hell you can see exactly were a guy goes down from 20 yards away smfh. Show me this video bc they didn't show one video last night that showed him 100% short they attempted to piece the play together and that alone shows you that nobody knew exactly were he went down.

That's total BS. I've been on plenty football fields and there is no way in hell you can see exactly were a guy goes down from 20 yards away smfh. Show me this video bc they didn't show one video last night that showed him 100% short they attempted to piece the play together and that alone shows you that nobody knew exactly were he went down.

Just because you don’t agree with the spot or ruling (failed to convert the first down), that doesn’t make it wrong or a lie…… especially when two replays synced up together show the ruling was correct. Could the ref have gotten lucky with the ruling from 20 yards away? Sure. After all it was either short or he made it. But there is far more video evidence to say he was short than he made it.

So you’re admitting you didn’t watch the game last night? They literally showed the endzone camera angle replay 2-3 times to show where his knee was down and where the ball was on his body.

The ball was short of the line to make.
BS. That's not what the video showed. Upper body was every bit on top of the forty as the knee touched. The refs thumbed their noses at the fans, making zero attempt to correct the spot. Corrupt. Some fans reached their breaking point with the corruption.

Yes you can see where the ball is. The endzone replay angle showed WHEN his knee touched and WHERE he was possessing the ball. The wide angle replay shows WHERE he was on the field.

So with two replays, you have when his knee was down, where he was on the field, and where the ball was on his body. You’re arguing semantics with how they worded it.

Honest question - you do understand how the league review booths work and why they have like 4 monitors right? You understand they sync multiple replays and angles up at the same time when one definitive replay angle isn’t available right?

There were two angles that when combined and synced showed he was short. I’m not sure why people are having trouble understanding this unless they simply don’t understand or comprehend how reviews are conducted inside the league booths in each SEC stadium.
I believe you said a lot and proved you do not understand the replay process. See there are 3 possible outcomes from a review.
1. Play confirmed. Video proves call 100% correct.
2. Play over turned. Video proves call 100% incorrect.
3. Play stands. Video doesn't prove call correct or incorrect.

As the person stated it was ruled play stands. You really not getting this?

Reactions: BartW
BS. That's not what the video showed. Upper body was every bit on top of the forty as the knee touched. The refs thumbed their noses at the fans, making zero attempt to correct the spot. Corrupt. Some fans reached their breaking point with the corruption.
The " ball" was short of the line to make.
You can continue to say otherwise and you'll continue to be wrong with your BS.

I believe you said a lot and proved you do not understand the replay process. See there are 3 possible outcomes from a review.
1. Play confirmed. Video proves call 100% correct.
2. Play over turned. Video proves call 100% incorrect.
3. Play stands. Video doesn't prove call correct or incorrect.

As the person stated it was ruled play stands. You really not getting this?

So you need a proper word use to tell you what you is seen clearly on video? Amazing that so many are willing to die on this hill.......

Not overturning a ruling a field is verifying, confirming, standing with the ruling that was made.... You are literally playing semantics with word use than admit that you are wrong..... It is truly wild how many people are trying to run with conspiracy theories here.

If video can't confirm that ruling on the field was incorrect, the ruling on the field was correct. But yes lets dissect word use! Steve Wonder could see that he was short when the two replays were combined.

The officiating crew wasn’t “shaken up” they simply walked out of range and quietly laughed at all the morons throwing things. The only damage inflicted was to our team who still had a shot and to our school’s reputation.

Maybe if the students had stormed the field that would have gotten their attention. The only way he was short if he was carrying the ball between his knees. The bogus calls cost us the game. Plain and simple.

I really don’t think the spark that lit the fuse was that he looked like he got the first down. I think the fact that the nearest ref to the play called first down, but the other ref from looks like 15/20 yards away rushed up to overrule the call.
At that point I think the fans had enough built up anger over all the accumulated bad calls that they exploded.
Im not condoning it, just my opinion.

So let me get this straight….. the ref on the Barron TD can make up a ruling/word usage to change an outcome or end a play, but at the same time, people will put full faith and belief in his words on another ruling…. Meanwhile these same people are the ones who say one blown call equals all calls made by this official are blown…… lmao.

And fans like the OP can GTFO. Wish I could come to your job and throw **** at you every time you screwed up.

Throwing a fit because of a bad call makes you a child. You think the Vol players or coaches supported this? How do you think the recruits that were on hand liked being pelted with better and trash and golf balls?

Warren's sternum was at the line to gain when his knee touched. With all this technology at games, we were not afforded the correct camera angle to see the ball. Your statement is only speculation.
Too bad he was holding the ball at his waist and didn't stretch it out. Blame who you want, but Warren didn't help his cause at all.

VN Store

Back