If the fans showing displeasure at refs in Neyland hurts you

Only way to deal with the bad officiating is for schools themselves to band together and demand changes with officiating. Drunk disorderly fans won’t change a darn thing.
I suppose stopping every game that has bad calls might get out of hand huh

Was the first down before, on, or past the yardline? It was probably close to right on the yard line. The only clear thing I saw was the original spot was almost a full yard off. An accurate spot gets it closer and at least makes it more questionable.

Like I said, replay showed he was short, but I don’t think it was a clear cut as you are making it out to be. And I still think Bama gets that benefit.

Two angles show everything that is needed to do two things: show when his knee was down (endzone angle) and show where the ball was (endzone angle synced with wide angle replay)……

It’s obvious people are gonna drag out this 4th and 27 scandal to drown out the fact we had a QB give up on the final play of the game in Milton.

No but it wasn't, and he was short
If it would not have been overturned then you should quit with the "clearly" language. I think he was right at the line to gain, however I didn't see absolute evidence to make that official. I can however say with certainty that were they spotted it wasn't correct.

Two angles show everything that is needed to do two things: show when his knee was down (endzone angle) and show where the ball was (endzone angle synced with wide angle replay)……

It’s obvious people are gonna drag out this 4th and 27 scandal to drown out the fact we had a QB give up on the final play of the game in Milton.
What about the Tyler Barron strip touchdown? You good with that call?

I have decided the ball was in his right hand. Therefore a first down was gained. Anything else must be a bammer/pup conspiracy by the SEC!

Yes. It was clear he was short of the first down. Because they would have used the same multiple angles to review it. This isn’t rocket science.
You're clearly trolling with the rocket science talk.

The close up of the replay says different. His knee wasn't down in the photo you're proclaiming it was.

That’s why they use multiple angles……I’m sorry you are struggling with this and don’t understand why the review booths have 3-4 big ass monitors….

What about the Tyler Barron strip touchdown? You good with that call?

That call has zero to do with the 4th down ruling. Unlike some who are still drunk off the Orange Kool Aid, i can say the Barron touchdown ruling was trash and the Warren short of the first down was accurate. I’m able to differentiate and separate the two.

Reactions: Sara Clark
Warren's sternum was at the line to gain when his knee touched. With all this technology at games, we were not afforded the correct camera angle to see the ball. Your statement is only speculation.

The replays were not the best, true. But overwhelmingly suggested he did not make it. To the extent that they were unclear, the call had to stand since it wasn't "clear" that he made it. However had it been "clear", it almost certainly would have showed he did not make it.

It's fair to ask what would have happened had they called it a made first down. They may well have overturned it. We will never know though, since that's just speculation at this point.

You're clearly trolling with the rocket science talk.

Amazing how dense some are on here when there is clear evidence the ruling on the field was right. But it’s the vol fan base. Complain about everything.

I agree with everyone that said that if they were going to pick a moment they should’ve done it after the TD reversal. At least it wasn’t displeasure with the football team. The guys that were able to go played their guts out!

Not on the replay they showed in the stadium. Couldn’t tell

Exactly. They showed a number of those on TV also, then showed one from the front in which it was clear the ball was on his left hip. Anyone not seeing that should go take a look, it pretty much kills the argument that he made it.

Go back and look at the replay again. His right hand was maybe a foot past the yellow line. Problem is, the ball was in his left hand down at his hip. He is over 6 feet, that's half his body length, which is....a yard.

Math is your friend.
Math is your friend is lame…

He was short of the first down marker. You can stomp your feet all you want but that want change the fact.
Agree... our receiver did not have good situational awareness of where he needed to get to. He was short. We were still in the game until the end and I am proud of this team for that... I love what this coaching staff is doing with a roster short of numbers and talent. I am disappointed in how some of the fans had a child-like meltdown; however, I am also not surprised as we see child-like meltdowns all around us now.

Reactions: Zues1
I don't know if he got it or not. What I do know is that the middle of the 87 was across the line to gain when his knee touched the field from the replay. Your photo claims his knee was down before his helmet gets across.
What part of it’s where the ball is and not any part of where his upper body is don’t you understand?

Amazing how dense some are on here when there is clear evidence the ruling on the field was right. But it’s the vol fan base. Complain about everything.
Did you even read what I posted? I have seen absolutely nothing that is "clear evidence" to me. As I mentioned, he was right at the line to gain, but I didn't see "clear evidence" of that which tells me they couldn't overturn the call on the field and his language used shows that to be the case. You can however keep sitting on your high horse with the name calling.

dude wasn’t a yard short if he was short at all. Kindly **** off.

He was short. They clearly showed the angle where the ball was down by his waistline. Since I know you’ll refute that why not go back and look at what got Tennessee there. Shooting themselves in the foot time and time again. Don’t blame the ref because they got it right. Blame the thousands of toddlers that cried because they didn’t get their way.

The replays were not the best, true. But overwhelmingly suggested he did not make it. To the extent that they were unclear, the call had to stand since it wasn't "clear" that he made it. However had it been "clear", it almost certainly would have showed he did not make it.

It's fair to ask what would have happened had they called it a made first down. They may well have overturned it. We will never know though, since that's just speculation at this point.
The call stands is a fair point. If they called it a first down it should've stand as well. Those saying he was clearly short are obtuse.

VN Store

Back