If the fans showing displeasure at refs in Neyland hurts you

Well had it been ruled a first down, there is video evidence that would have overturned it. Not sure why you are being a hypothetical Harry over this….. it was clear he was short.
I was replying to a hypothetical from rjd before you jumped in. Lol at that name, though, never heard that.

It wasn’t clear he was short. The call wasn’t confirmed.

Agree to disagree on the hypotheticals. If that had been spotted first down for a top team it would never get overturned. Never.

This shot after he was already down disproves your “sternum was across the line to gain” schtick……

The only thing across the line at this point where he’s already down is his extend arm which doesn’t possess a ball….. but please tell me more

View attachment 403664

I don’t think he made it either, but the line in that picture isn’t official.

You can not see that his knee is down from that photo.

You literally don’t know how reviews work…. That angle from the photo shows where he was on the field. The angle from the endzone that they showed 3 times shows when his knee went down and where the ball was. When those two are combined and synced, it’s clear he was short.

You need to educate yourself on how SEC review booths work. They literally have the ability to run multiple angles and replays synced to the same time. The Jumbotrons don’t / can’t do that, the Network doesn’t do it. But the SEC review booths DO do this….. this isn’t rocket science.

Reactions: slobberknocker
View attachment 403663
Ball was in his left hand which was near the bottom of his jersey #. Everyone not wearing orange glasses couldn't see anything on the replay that would overturn this.

Also, harping on it takes focus away from the actual bad call on the strip/sack. Why everyone isn't talking about that is beyond me.

We actually got the ball back after this disputed spot and hit a receiver in the hands in the endzone.

Right. I’m still upset of the strip sack reversal. Completely changes this game. What happens when we have the ball late up 2 points instead of down 5? We are trying to run the clock out at that point.

You literally don’t know how reviews work…. That angle from the photo shows where he was on the field. The angle from the endzone that they showed 3 times shows when his knee went down and where the ball was. When those two are combined and synced, it’s clear he was short.

You need to educate yourself on how SEC review booths work. They literally have the ability to run multiple angles and replays synced to the same time. The Jumbotrons don’t / can’t do that, the Network doesn’t do it. But the SEC review booths DO do this….. this isn’t rocket science.
You posted a picture from the upper deck of the stadium. From your photo, can you see his knee down? It's not rocket science just a simple question.

I don’t think he made it either, but the line in that picture isn’t official.

When combined with the endzone angle replay, it’s pretty clear. Amazing how so many people think the review booth is looking at replays one angle at a time……

Reactions: PNW Huskie
You posted a picture from the upper deck of the stadium. From your photo, can you see his knee down? It's not rocket science just a simple question.

That photo is from the live broadcast. That photo shows WHERE he was on the field. The endzone angle shows WHEN he went down and WHERE the ball was. When the WHEN’s and WHERE’s are combined together, it’s clear as day he was short…..

When combined with the endzone angle replay, it’s pretty clear. Amazing how so many people think the review booth is looking at replays one angle at a time……

The yellow line isn’t official. So I don’t know what angles you are looking at showing it was “pretty clear”.

I don’t think he got it, but I do believe it was close enough to go either way.

The receiver was short of the first down marker. There is no question about it.
Now if the 'fans' wanted to show their displeasure they picked the wrong time to do it. The appropriate time, if there is an appropriate time was the strip of the QB and reversal.
The "fans" throwing crap all over the field were mad at that point because they realized the game was most likely lost. Those fans acted in a childlike manner, something Kiffy would have done.

It was ugly and only gave Kiffin good press and the Tennessee program bad press.
The refs literally took away 7 points off the board. Without that horrible call we win that game so yes the fans had every right to be mad it was just unfortunate that some of the fans had to throw trash.

The yellow line isn’t official. So I don’t know what angles you are looking at showing it was “pretty clear”.

I don’t think he got it, but I do believe it was close enough to go either way.

Where did I say anything about the yellow line? Don’t need the yellow line to know it was short of the first down.

I assume the he was clearly short crew also don’t think the scoop and score impacted the outcome or will virtue signal that Corral should have been protected.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

Give it up. He just wanted it to be a first down so badly he doesn’t care about the evidence that it wasn’t. I wanted a first down there as much as anyone but it just wasn’t. Period.

That photo is from the live broadcast. That photo shows WHERE he was on the field. The endzone angle shows WHEN he went down and WHERE the ball was. When the WHEN’s and WHERE’s are combined together, it’s clear as day he was short…..
I don't know if he got it or not. What I do know is that the middle of the 87 was across the line to gain when his knee touched the field from the replay. Your photo claims his knee was down before his helmet gets across.

I will ask you the same question. If they had called first down on the field and reviewed it, would it have been overturned?

Only way to deal with the bad officiating is for schools themselves to band together and demand changes with officiating. Drunk disorderly fans won’t change a darn thing.

Reactions: BanditVol
Where did I say anything about the yellow line? Don’t need the yellow line to know it was short of the first down.

Was the first down before, on, or past the yardline? It was probably close to right on the yard line. The only clear thing I saw was the original spot was almost a full yard off. An accurate spot gets it closer and at least makes it more questionable.

Like I said, replay showed he was short, but I don’t think it was a clear cut as you are making it out to be. And I still think Bama gets that benefit.

I will ask you the same question. If they had called first down on the field and reviewed it, would it have been overturned?

Yes. It was clear he was short of the first down. Because they would have used the same multiple angles to review it. This isn’t rocket science.

Reactions: BanditVol
dude wasn’t a yard short if he was short at all. Kindly **** off.

Go back and look at the replay again. His right hand was maybe a foot past the yellow line. Problem is, the ball was in his left hand down at his hip. He is over 6 feet, that's half his body length, which is....a yard.

Math is your friend.

VN Store

Back