I will always root for the SEC in bowl season.

The rest of the SEC can EAD.
My parent’s generation is all rah-rah SEC… but I was at UT mid 90s.. and I really think it’s partially a Southern/South vs everyone else mentality more than anything else, that’s just not so strong anymore… also, could be wrong.. sometimes the SEC commercials are kind of cool, though lol

Reactions: Drewbydoo
Beyond stupid not to. Glad Georgia rolled Florida St. Hoping Alabama ends Michigan's Season. Good to see Missouri take care of business. Hope Texas beats Washington. Glad we destroyed Iowa.

Hoping your SEC rivals get beat in bowl season is like hoping you're ranked 13-17 instead of 12th in the CFP moving forward.

We are more likely to be a bubble team than anything else on a year to year basis with the type of schedule we have to play every year...we better hope the SEC stays strong and gets statement wins against other conferences when given the opportnuity...in most years...that (SOS/the SEC remaining the premier conference in college football) will be the difference in us making the playoffs or not.
Go wash your mouth out.

I've been to Starkville alot . They've grown on me over the 15 years I've been going down there. The rest of the sec jump off a cliff

It doesn't really matter at the end of the day who anyone is rooting for, it has no effect on the outcome of the game. I say root for whoever you want. I tend to find myself rooting for SEC teams most of the time, just because I want the SEC to remain the king of CFB. It's not "stupid" to root for anyone, it's meaningless.
Yeah, lets root for the teams that are already ahead of us so they will impress the recruits and keep out recruiting us. Then get on here and complain about how we just can't recruit like Bama UGA etc. we ended up 6th in SEC recruiting but everybody gets mad when we can't beat teams that out recruits us. Then those same ppl pull for them to win their Bowl games to basically stay ahead of us (rinse/repeat) it's insane. ESPN started this crap with showing bowl records of conferences to try to add viewers by conference loyalty and some idiots fell for it.

Beyond stupid not to. Glad Georgia rolled Florida St. Hoping Alabama ends Michigan's Season. Good to see Missouri take care of business. Hope Texas beats Washington. Glad we destroyed Iowa.

Hoping your SEC rivals get beat in bowl season is like hoping you're ranked 13-17 instead of 12th in the CFP moving forward.

We are more likely to be a bubble team than anything else on a year to year basis with the type of schedule we have to play every year...we better hope the SEC stays strong and gets statement wins against other conferences when given the opportnuity...in most years...that (SOS/the SEC remaining the premier conference in college football) will be the difference in us making the playoffs or not.
Rationalizing rooting for bama should be outlawed on this site. It’s basically Vol hate speech.

Rooting for the trams you recruit against most often is the stupid thing to do.

I will sometimes root for Ole Miss and did Miss St when the Pitate was there. The rest of cant lose enough to make me satisfied.

Yeah, I pull for the SEC during bowl and playoff season. Just not today. Wanted bama to lose, preferably badly. Just for recruiting purposes, put some doubt back in the mind of the recruits. They did lose, but that was an awesome CFP game. IMO

Yeah, lets root for the teams that are already ahead of us so they will impress the recruits and keep out recruiting us. Then get on here and complain about how we just can't recruit like Bama UGA etc. we ended up 6th in SEC recruiting but everybody gets mad when we can't beat teams that out recruits us. Then those same ppl pull for them to win their Bowl games to basically stay ahead of us (rinse/repeat) it's insane. ESPN started this crap with showing bowl records of conferences to try to add viewers by conference loyalty and some idiots fell for it.
Yep Ditto

Reactions: Marquis

Beyond stupid to pull for bammer. That’s like pulling for the devil because he’s in the Bible

Reactions: Hyperion and ib4ut1
Go Vols and screw you alls. Words of big vol daddy. For those who have seen his podcast.

I'd rather all the teams be terrible, and we can coast from 10-2 to 12-0 each year like the other conferences.

I think his point is that the SEC as a conference performing strong in the bowl season helps Tennessee.
If that’s the case then we should have won multiple national titles by now. SEC always performs well in bowl games . Hard to win all the bowl games too many variables involved.

OK. So Gump, Gawga, LSU and all the other 'blue bloods' will out recruit us year after year after year. Right. It's "beyond stupid". **** the rest of the SEC

Bama winning the natty doesn't do **** for us.

Reactions: DarkVolder

VN Store

Back