I will always root for the SEC in bowl season.

NEWDAYVOL

Beyond stupid not to. Glad Georgia rolled Florida St. Hoping Alabama ends Michigan's Season. Good to see Missouri take care of business. Hope Texas beats Washington. Glad we destroyed Iowa.

Hoping your SEC rivals get beat in bowl season is like hoping you're ranked 13-17 instead of 12th in the CFP moving forward.

We are more likely to be a bubble team than anything else on a year to year basis with the type of schedule we have to play every year...we better hope the SEC stays strong and gets statement wins against other conferences when given the opportnuity...in most years...that (SOS/the SEC remaining the premier conference in college football) will be the difference in us making the playoffs or not.

It doesn't really matter at the end of the day who anyone is rooting for, it has no effect on the outcome of the game. I say root for whoever you want. I tend to find myself rooting for SEC teams most of the time, just because I want the SEC to remain the king of CFB. It's not "stupid" to root for anyone, it's meaningless.

Beyond stupid not to. Glad Georgia rolled Florida St. Hoping Alabama ends Michigan's Season. Good to see Missouri take care of business. Hope Texas beats Washington. Glad we destroyed Iowa.

Hoping your SEC rivals get beat in bowl season is like hoping you're ranked 13-17 instead of 12th in the CFP moving forward.

We are more likely to be a bubble team than anything else on a year to year basis with the type of schedule we have to play every year...we better hope the SEC stays strong and gets statement wins against other conferences when given the opportnuity...in most years...that (SOS/the SEC remaining the premier conference in college football) will be the difference in us making the playoffs or not.
I am for Tennessee only!!!!! That doesn't make me stupid! Screw the rest!

As we saw today, 10-2 in the SEC is a lot better than 10-2 in some other conference - even a B1G conference!

So it's a ripple effect to our benefit when other SEC teams win non-conference games. I'm not going to put on one of those Alabama fake foam fingers or anything like that, but I could possibly make an ambiguous head movement that could be construed as the ever so slightest of nods.

No disrespect but it in no way helps Tennessee when Georgia wins. This is the state where some of our greatest recruits have come from. I hate Alabama but I will always root for Georgia to lose. Year in and year out recruiting in Georgia is at the top of our list. Go vols and the rest of the sec can lose!

Not here. UT or the highway.

You are entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is. Never cheer for Alabama!

No way I'll ever root for bama, not going to do it. Most young folks have no idea how much bama has cheated to establish their program and the NCAA and conference allowed it for the Almighty dollar.
Buck Fama!
Go Vols!
Most young Bama fans are Bama fans because it's easy. They like being on the bandwagon.

If you weren't born in AL, didn't go to school in Tuscaloosa, or maybe have a child attending, what's the purpose?

The “root for the SEC” is BullS*** IMHO! Tried that for GA and it created a ton of arrogant pricks… (not that my rooting helped them win but, still made me regret ever rooting for that team)

I have always heard the whole rooting for someone in your conference because, your team couldn’t get the job done… is like rooting for your best friend to pleasure your wife/significant other because, you can’t get the job done!! (Descent point)

Go Washington! Next anyone but, Fing AL. Great win today Volnation Nico looked great and could actually get past the first read and happy 2024!!!

Every bowl game I watched of an SEC team play and win, their fans were chanting S-E-C at the end of the game. They get it.

When we are 10-2 or 9-3 and are fighting with two other Big10 teams for that 12th spot we better hope there is some precedent set of SEC>B10.

If your rooting for the B10 to be the premier conference in college football and beat every SEC rival in a bowl...that is moronic.

Conference strength/SOS is absolutely HUGE when seeding teams in the CFP. So it matters and it matters a lot that other SEC teams do well against other conferences.

If it's all about Tennessee and only Tennessee then let's join the SunBelt and see how that works for us going forward.

Oh it’s this discussion again… I always ask what has our conference rivals being good done for us over the past two decades. Still waiting on a good answer, suspect I’ll be waiting for a while.

I hope everyone of these bastards lose every year.

Every bowl game I watched of an SEC team play and win, their fans were chanting S-E-C at the end of the game. They get it.

When we are 10-2 or 9-3 and are fighting with two other Big10 teams for that 12th spot we better hope there is some precedent set of SEC>B10.

If your rooting for the B10 to be the premier conference in college football and beat every SEC rival in a bowl...that is moronic.

Conference strength/SOS is absolutely HUGE when seeding teams in the CFP. So it matters and it matters a lot that other SEC teams do well against other conferences.

If it's all about Tennessee and only Tennessee then let's join the SunBelt and see how that works for us going forward.
Seeding doesn’t matter. Recruiting matters. This is going better in your mind than it is in reality.

VN Store

Back