I will always root for the SEC in bowl season.

I feel better about our chances to elevate our program with the wealth of talent spread out across the country as opposed to having to overcome dynasties within our own conference. I think our coaching can be the difference maker to put us on top with the talent levels being closer to equal.

Usually, yes! The last couple yrs have made me hate bama..get your ass beat in Knoxville and slap a co-ed Coach will be fine it. The refs helped get Tn out of bama..& sassed Ga.bama shouldn't even b there

Beyond stupid not to. Glad Georgia rolled Florida St. Hoping Alabama ends Michigan's Season. Good to see Missouri take care of business. Hope Texas beats Washington. Glad we destroyed Iowa.

Hoping your SEC rivals get beat in bowl season is like hoping you're ranked 13-17 instead of 12th in the CFP moving forward.

We are more likely to be a bubble team than anything else on a year to year basis with the type of schedule we have to play every year...we better hope the SEC stays strong and gets statement wins against other conferences when given the opportnuity...in most years...that (SOS/the SEC remaining the premier conference in college football) will be the difference in us making the playoffs or not.
Thinking our rivals winning helps our team, is like thinking your wife cheating helps your marriage. Just pure crap logic.

I never pull for other SEC teams. If the BIG10 and other conferences think there is some bias and we are not really a good conference that's fine with me. Because I know better than them. And why would anyone pull for Texas? The other UT? They're not even in the SEC yet. I hope Washington ruins all of you "SEC homers" hopes and dreams for the other SEC teams you obviously are fans of. I know it's a long shot but thats what I want to see. And of all the teams out there I believe another championship to Alabama while distasteful is still preferable to Texas winning it. Their fans are insufferable.

Beyond stupid not to. Glad Georgia rolled Florida St. Hoping Alabama ends Michigan's Season. Good to see Missouri take care of business. Hope Texas beats Washington. Glad we destroyed Iowa.

Hoping your SEC rivals get beat in bowl season is like hoping you're ranked 13-17 instead of 12th in the CFP moving forward.

We are more likely to be a bubble team than anything else on a year to year basis with the type of schedule we have to play every year...we better hope the SEC stays strong and gets statement wins against other conferences when given the opportnuity...in most years...that (SOS/the SEC remaining the premier conference in college football) will be the difference in us making the playoffs or not.
Never understand this mentality. I root against anyone in the sec that's not the Big Orange

Reactions: Marquis
I usually root for any SEC team who is not playing the Vols, Florida being the exception, because every year the sports analyst, writers, ---the same jerks that screwed Peyton out of his Heisman ring, they all want to report that " the SEC is losing their grip on being the best football conference". IMHO it helps recruit better players to our team when our conference is consistent in being in the play offs ( even though we are not in the play offs, we still benefit by playing in the conference that does). Another factor is the trash talking that goes on by other teams outside the SEC.

Not me. I’d like to see Michigan win tonight and see more of this.

1704151439599.gif

Also hoping Texas loses because 1) they’re Texas and 2) they will be in the sec next year

Conference loyalty is bad for Tennessee.

Every bowl game I watched of an SEC team play and win, their fans were chanting S-E-C at the end of the game. They get it.

When we are 10-2 or 9-3 and are fighting with two other Big10 teams for that 12th spot we better hope there is some precedent set of SEC>B10.

If your rooting for the B10 to be the premier conference in college football and beat every SEC rival in a bowl...that is moronic.

Conference strength/SOS is absolutely HUGE when seeding teams in the CFP. So it matters and it matters a lot that other SEC teams do well against other conferences.

If it's all about Tennessee and only Tennessee then let's join the SunBelt and see how that works for us going forward.
Everyone already knows the SEC is the stronger conference. Whether Bama wins it all or loses tonight 42-7, everyone will still believe and know SEC is the better conference.

I'm with ya except for Texas. They ain't SEC yet.

Reactions: Rocky Top T
If Georgia and Bama are both out of the running then my Christmas wish has come true. I would love to see bama lose by two TD's.

Simply put. Nope. Like for SEC teams to get into the big bowls, because of more revenue for the conference. After that Tennessee and Tennessee only. And if it’s the Gumps or Puppies I hope they get boat raced each and every game.
This.

See FSU in a crap conference making no money and trying to get out because most of the teams suck in the ACC. See the PAC which is dead for lack of a TV deal. See the Big 12 which almost died when the heavyweights left.

If we were in a conference of Vandys, we'd want out because the TV revenue would suck AND the recruiting would suck because of that lack of exposure and competition.

Granted, the SEC is solid now and I want to see TN competitive in the best conference because as FSU found out, if your conference is considered "second tier" lousy things can happen even if you win it all in that lousy conference.

VN Store

Back