I will always root for the SEC in bowl season.

Same people that pull for other SEC teams in bowl games are the same ones who wonder why those teams beat us out for recruits. I just can’t cheer for other SEC teams.
My thoughts exactly...I don't ever cheer for any team that we recruit against..them winning doesn't help us in any way even if they are conference members.

Reactions: mercuryvol
It doesn't matter if you go 13-0 or win the conference (like Clemson did)...but how many times do you think we are doing either of those things in the next 20 years? I certainly hope it's 4 or 5 times...but as I've said before...more times than not a good season is going to be 10-2/9-3. Every single person on this board is going to prefer to be IN the playoffs (and at least having a shot at a NC) vs. getting left out. SOS is going to determine if we are in the playoffs 9/10 times we have a good season.

All things considered would you prefer we move to the ACC? Then we could do what Clemson did. But our administration has 100 reasons not to because strength of conference means a lot.
Sigh. It’s like talking to a stop sign. Do you think we have any chance of winning as a “bubble team”? Not really. We do have a chance of winning the conference title if Bama and Georgia aren’t as strong. Not sure why this is so hard to understand or why this is a thread every year. Also not sure what a bunch of idiots rooting for their rivals actually does to influence the outcome of those games.

No body drinking your kool-aid , f*** Bama, Ga, Fla, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M . Strength of schedule will always be solid if you’re in the New BigTen and New SEC they will have 7-9 of the playoff teams combined every year . They are what they are.
I agree with newdayvol

I guess if your goal is to be a “bubble team”and barely making the playoffs and are okay with being the 3rd or 4th best team in the SEC then yes you pull for Alabama/Georgia/Texas to win their playoff games. But you have to accept that those teams will likely out recruit you.

If you want to be as good as Alabama/Georgia etc., then you need to consistently get players as good as they get. If they do better than us in the post season, then they will have an advantage in recruiting. That means we will have to rely more on NIL deals, etc. to attract those players.

The SEC will probably get 3 teams (maybe 4) in the playoffs unless the SEC really implodes and becomes like the ACC and I don’t see that happening. And IMO if we aren’t one of the top 3 (maybe even 2) teams in the SEC, then we shouldn’t be in the 12 team playoffs.

If we are the 3rd or 4th best in the SEC and ranked 12 or 13th, I am not going to be one of those guys running around saying “we are the SEC and deserve to be in the playoffs.”. Instead of backing into the playoffs, I want to deserve it by beating Alabama/Georgia etc. or at least being as good as they are.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back