I LOVE how 17 points

Look up the percentages, roughly the team that's up 7-0 wins 85 percent of the time, 14-0 is in the 90's.

Blowing a 17 point lead at Neyland is completely unprecedented by any Volunteer team!

I hope I never live to see it happen again!

Look up the percentages, roughly the team that's up 7-0 wins 85 percent of the time, 14-0 is in the 90's.

Blowing a 17 point lead at Neyland is completely unprecedented by any Volunteer team!

sorry dude but please step back I'm fixing to take Reader to the woodshed with my karate Key Boarding !

With your avatar, should we be worried about you? I've heard there is this hotline...

With your avatar, should we be worried about you? I've heard there is this hotline...

I appreciate your concern, but please don't read anything into my avatar other than the fact that I like my Big Orange Glock.

As for the Vols blowing a 17 point lead in Neyland, I hope it never happens again! That is all.

I'm laughing at foolish posts. Time will pull the mask off of y'all and it will be fun to see.
To be honest I didn't think we'd win going into the game. You fools were the ones thinking wed blow them out. We aren't there yet. We will be but not yet. I knew this and was/am proud of how close the kids made it. Could we have won it? Yes but we didn't and it's what happend to teams like we are right now. We're a better team after the game than before and will be better after next week's game.

I don't recall anybody seriously stating we would blow them out. If anyone's mask is going to be pulled off, it's Butch's, IF he doesn't change his in-game coaching. We were the better team last night and the nation saw it. You're a real Nostradamus with your knowing that the boys would make it close, but no cigar. GTFO with the "better team" after the game crap too.

What?? Jesus dude, just stop. The fact is that no Tennessee team, in 124 years of football, ever lost as badly as Jones did in 2013 vs Oregon...ever, since 1891. And now, no Tennessee team, in 124 years of football, has ever blown a 17 point lead in Neyland Stadium...ever, since 1891. And now one coach owns both those records...Lyle Allen "Butch" Jones. You can speculate all you want, make any excuse that you want, but dems be the facts.

That's cause Neyland didn't open til September of 1921 94 years ago and "dems" be the fact....Stop just Stop all the BS just support this team and coaching staff it's OK to be upset it's OK to not like how the game went cause this game hurt and sucked but to act like this after all CBJ has done for us so far is stupid so relax and let HIS plan play out!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I think people are upset by the fact that if we had kept the pressure on and played aggressively on offense we could have been up by much more and sealed the win. Instead we got comfy with a 14 point lead (didn't change anything even after they got a FG) and did the old run, run, pass, punt garbage. Not to mention we kept trying to run a screen when they read it every time.

Even with Herd's fumble after the TKjr pick there's no excuse for not at least getting back into fg range.

Honestly no. I don't see how a thinking person can look at the trajectory this team is on and how far the program has come and have major issues. Disappointed in a double OT loss? Yes. But for those calling him a bad coach etc are just out of their minds.

So Butch is a good coach?

Has been deemed an insurmountable lead. Some are making it seem like we were up a half a hundred LOL.

A well coached team doesn't lose a 17 point lead at home in front of the loudest crowd in the history of that stadium.

Oh come on now...the youngsters just need to learn how to close a game out. Nevermind the last time OU overcame a 17 pt deficit to win was in 2010 and the defense was playing more than well enough to win this one. Clock management and play calling was very hard to watch in second half.

Has been deemed an insurmountable lead. Some are making it seem like we were up a half a hundred LOL.

Go tell Butch. Please. That at is why you have to continue playing on the offensive side of the ball.

I wonder how much of the offensive play calling was "sitting on a lead" vs not have an answer for what the OU defense was doing with their blitz package to go with the clear lack of confidence in how Dobbs was playing? It's why I really dislike this offense. Run games aren't flashy, but they don't usually have "off days". Had high hopes that Debord would bring a little physicality to th OL and run game. Not saying scrap Butches offense, but be able to line up and play smash mouth when you need to.

Is there anything Butch's past that would indicate he will get UT to the next level? He reqruuts well, got it...he talks a good game...got it...he seems to be a fan of the good ole boy system in some of his hiring... Hmmm sounds like another coach we had several years ago. Good recruiting will get you to 9 and occasionally 10 wins, but rarely to the final 4. Alabama, Florida, Georgia and the occasional out of conference top 20 matchup will always be problems.

Is there anything Butch's past that would indicate he will get UT to the next level? He reqruuts well, got it...he talks a good game...got it...he seems to be a fan of the good ole boy system in some of his hiring... Hmmm sounds like another coach we had several years ago. Good recruiting will get you to 9 and occasionally 10 wins, but rarely to the final 4. Alabama, Florida, Georgia and the occasional out of conference top 20 matchup will always be problems.
Yes. He's won everywhere he's been. Do your homework and you'll see.

Yes. He's won everywhere he's been. Do your homework and you'll see.

It must be fun just to say stuff...

Central Michigan

2007 8-3
2008 8-5
2009 11-2

Cincinnati

2010 4-8
2011 10-3
2012 9-3

Tennessee

2013 5-7
2014 7-6
2015 tbd

It must be fun just to say stuff...

Central Michigan

2007 8-3
2008 8-5
2009 11-2

Cincinnati

2010 4-8
2011 10-3
2012 9-3

Tennessee

2013 5-7
2014 7-6
2015 tbd
At CMU from 8-3 to 11-2 and Cincy for 4-8 to. 9-3.

My bad on OB

Last edited:

VN Store

Back