I LOVE how 17 points

Really? Enlighten us all on what coach could've taken that team Dooley left us and did anything against that Oregon team.
biggest loss in UT History ...Best Offense in the Country . So we go up tempo and give them the ball an Extra 3-4 times ???? Get out of here we might not have won but I'll guarantee we could have kept it under a 40 point loss

Butch evidently thought it was based on how he coached his team from that point on. Most of us watching were very concerned that 17 points would not be enough and were wondering what was going on.
I said 100x I bet.. "Drive another one to the checkers boys.. 17 isn't going to hold this team for long"

Reactions: 2 people
LOL amazing.
Maybe ...but its the truth and your football IQ isn't allowing you to admitt it. Your argument is No coach could have changed anything & mine is a good coach will not play to the strength of the other .Slow the game down and keep the ball out of the Ducks hands as much as possible was all I was stating but you would rather disagree with everyone

Last edited:
Has been deemed an insurmountable lead. Some are making it seem like we were up a half a hundred LOL.

On the other hand, it seemed like our coaches reacted like they thought we were up half a hundred. None of my party thought 17 would be enough and were understandably worried when the offense became suddenly inoperative after that lead was established.

The worry deepened soon after the 2nd half opened when it was apparent that the momentum has shifted completely to Oklahoma. It was noticeable enough for the commentators to mention it.

It appears you have reversed the argument. Why did the coaches not show any urgency to keep attacking after the 17 point lead?

You're right man. I mean a good coach would have taken that super duper talented team and beat those darn Ducks.

Try to stay focused here. Never said that, simply pointed out a FACT in Tennessee football history....Butch Jones was Tennessee's headcoach when the team suffered the worst loss in school history. Period. Nothing else to say about it, nothing to dispute.

Has been deemed an insurmountable lead. Some are making it seem like we were up a half a hundred LOL.

I love how people seem to keep ignoring HOW we lost the 17 point lead. Our offense went in the crapper; and no, it wasn't because of some great adjustments by the OU defense, it was some of the most conservative play calling since Jeff Fisher.

Try to stay focused here. Never said that, simply pointed out a FACT in Tennessee football history....Butch Jones was Tennessee's headcoach when the team suffered the worst loss in school history. Period. Nothing else to say about it, nothing to dispute.

You're right man. He's the worst coach in UT history.

Reactions: 1 person
It still boggles my mind that after putting 17 on the board about 2 minutes into the 2nd, we scored ZERO for basically the remaining 3 QUARTERS of the game!!! All thanks to a play not to lose mentality on Offense.

Maybe ...but its the truth and your football IQ isn't allowing you to admitt it. Your argument is No coach could have changed anything & mine is a good coach will not play to the strength of the other .Slow the game down and keep the ball out of the Ducks hands as much as possible was all I was stating but you would rather disagree with everyone
Nope. I just like to point out idiocy when I see it.

You're right man. He's the worst coach in UT history.

Jesus Christ Reader, didn't say that either. I've said he had a poor night coaching last night and as a result, now owns 2 dubious records at Tennessee. I don't think he's the worst coach in UT history, just that he's gotten off to a pretty poor start so far, as those 2 records indicate. He has a lot of work to do. Fortunately, he's an outstanding recruiter and has a lot of talent to work with. We'll see what he does with it. He can still have a very good season but last night hardly inspired confidence.

Jesus Christ Reader, didn't say that either. I've said he had a poor night coaching last night and as a result, now owns 2 dubious records at Tennessee. I don't think he's the worst coach in UT history, just that he's gotten off to a pretty poor start so far, as those 2 records indicate. He has a lot of work to do. Fortunately, he's an outstanding recruiter and has a lot of talent to work with. We'll see what he does with it. He can still have a very good season but last night hardly inspired confidence.
Readers boy friend /girl friend or farm animal must have a headache tonight ,because you sure can't reason with him no matter what!

Are you sniffing his Underwear or what? So former Vols,Talk shows,media,and over 3/4 of the fan base and players on the team are all wrong ?
I'm laughing at foolish posts. Time will pull the mask off of y'all and it will be fun to see.
To be honest I didn't think we'd win going into the game. You fools were the ones thinking wed blow them out. We aren't there yet. We will be but not yet. I knew this and was/am proud of how close the kids made it. Could we have won it? Yes but we didn't and it's what happend to teams like we are right now. We're a better team after the game than before and will be better after next week's game.

Reactions: 6 people
None of your posts have read anything like this one.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm laughing at foolish posts. Time will pull the mask off of y'all and it will be fun to see.
To be honest I didn't think we'd win going into the game. You fools were the ones thinking wed blow them out. We aren't there yet. We will be but not yet. I knew this and was/am proud of how close the kids made it. Could we have won it? Yes but we didn't and it's what happend to teams like we are right now. We're a better team after the game than before and will be better after next week's game.
hmmmm so I can understand that ...why all the BS when you could have said that all along

VN Store

Back