I LOVE how 17 points

ESPN tweeted a stat Saturday night....going into the 4th quarter with a 17-3 lead, Tennessee had a 97% chance of winning......NINETY....FREAKING...SEVEN. And we lost.

Obviously this is how "The Walking Dead" started. The world as we know it is ending.

I'm teed off, peed off, and hacked off......but I'm guessing so is the team! I'm a fan, they are the players.

Yes I will. There's NO WAY that crowd was loudest ever. Florida in 98 was a LOT louder. Not sure when they started recording decibels.

Whatever, you contradict everything that anybody on this board says and act like you know more than anyone on or off of here. Maybe we just need to come to you with any questions or have you approve our posts before they are put on the board. I'm not going to get into an argument with you, you're wrong and the majority of people on this board think so. The fact that you think there is no question that Jones is a great coach shows your mindset. That question has definitely not been answered but the fact that you blindly follow no questions asked makes you irrelevant to any serious conversation.

Reactions: 2 people
I wonder how much of the offensive play calling was "sitting on a lead" vs not have an answer for what the OU defense was doing with their blitz package to go with the clear lack of confidence in how Dobbs was playing? It's why I really dislike this offense. Run games aren't flashy, but they don't usually have "off days". Had high hopes that Debord would bring a little physicality to th OL and run game. Not saying scrap Butches offense, but be able to line up and play smash mouth when you need to.

Here's your winner boys and girls. OU started bringing more pressure to stop the run game. It worked and we had no answer. When teams bring pressure like that, it creates an opportunity elsewhere. We either couldn't or wouldn't exploit it.

What?? Jesus dude, just stop. The fact is that no Tennessee team, in 124 years of football, ever lost as badly as Jones did in 2013 vs Oregon...ever, since 1891. And now, no Tennessee team, in 124 years of football, has ever blown a 17 point lead in Neyland Stadium...ever, since 1891. And now one coach owns both those records...Lyle Allen "Butch" Jones. You can speculate all you want, make any excuse that you want, but dems be the facts.

Except when they ARE NOT the facts...

1905 - Vandy 45 TN 0
1909 - Vandy 51 TN 0

This also does not include the 1918 game which UT does not recognize. Vandy won that one 76 - 0.

Reactions: 1 person
Has been deemed an insurmountable lead. Some are making it seem like we were up a half a hundred LOL.

I did read where that was the biggest lead we have had and lost the game since 1980 and/or held the 17 point lead for that long and lost it.

You're right. I mean there are TONS of coaches who beat ranked teams while at Central Michigan. And Cincy is a national power too.
And you're really spot on with his record at UT. I mean with all the super talent he inherited from Dooley he should have won all of them. I sure wish I was as smart as you.

Historically? no, probably not.
The 3 years prior to Jones being the HC they won 33 games tho. Played in the Orange and Sugar bowls 2 of those.

it's def. not insurmountable and that's exactly why we shouldn't have played conservative in the 2nd half, especially on "high-tempo" with an offense that was sputtering. If your offense is garbage, at-least chew some time off the clock so you're not so eager to give it right back.

VN Store

Back