I LOVE how 17 points

It was the largest blown lead at Neyland for us. No we weren't up fifty, but it sucks to blow a big lead so get off the high horse.

Reactions: 33 people
It was the largest blown lead at Neyland for us. No we weren't up fifty, but it sucks to blow a big lead so get off the high horse.
Yes losing sucked. But some are acting like 17 is a HUGE lead. It's not. The fact that 17 is the biggest lead blown" is a testament to our program.

Reactions: 5 people
Has been deemed an insurmountable lead. Some are making it seem like we were up a half a hundred LOL.

Butch evidently thought it was based on how he coached his team from that point on. Most of us watching were very concerned that 17 points would not be enough and were wondering what was going on.

Reactions: 18 people
Yes losing sucked. But some are acting like 17 is a HUGE lead. It's not. The fact that 17 is the biggest lead blown" is a testament to our program.

It's also an indictment of Butch who now owns 2 very dubious records at Tennessee...

1. Largest lead ever blown in Neyland
2. Worst loss in program history (45 pts to Oregon)

Reactions: 7 people
It's also an indictment of Butch who now owns 2 very dubious records at Tennessee...

1. Largest lead ever blown in Neyland
2. Worst loss in program history (45 pts to Oregon)

General Neyland would've been slaughtered by Oregon with the team Dooley left.

Reactions: 11 people
General Neyland would've been slaughtered by Oregon with the team Dooley left.

What?? Jesus dude, just stop. The fact is that no Tennessee team, in 124 years of football, ever lost as badly as Jones did in 2013 vs Oregon...ever, since 1891. And now, no Tennessee team, in 124 years of football, has ever blown a 17 point lead in Neyland Stadium...ever, since 1891. And now one coach owns both those records...Lyle Allen "Butch" Jones. You can speculate all you want, make any excuse that you want, but dems be the facts.

Reactions: 8 people
You are not understanding why people are upset. I agree, 17 points is a small advantage. However, Butch thought it necessary at that point to play it safe. It's just dumb to call off the dogs against a top 25 team with a 17 point lead and expect to win.

Reactions: 5 people
What?? Jesus dude, just stop. The fact is that no Tennessee team, in 124 years of football, ever lost as badly as Jones did in 2013 vs Oregon...ever, since 1891. And now, no Tennessee team, in 124 years of football, has ever blown a 17 point lead in Neyland Stadium...ever, since 1891. And now one coach owns both those records...Lyle Allen "Butch" Jones. You can speculate all you want, make any excuse that you want, but dems be the facts.
What? To be honest we're lucky Oregon "only" beat us by 45.

Reactions: 3 people
Weren't we down by 20 to SC with four minutes to go and came back and won. I'm over it now--Time to move on.

Reactions: 3 people
You are not understanding why people are upset. I agree, 17 points is a small advantage. However, Butch thought it necessary at that point to play it safe. It's just dumb to call off the dogs against a top 25 team with a 17 point lead and expect to win.

I understand what is being stated. I don't understand the "thought" process. Pass plays were called but the QB was having a bad night. Also a sure TD was dropped.

What? To be honest we're lucky Oregon "only" beat us by 45.

And that helps your case for Butch how????

Btw, I agree. Had Oregon not pulled Mariota and all the other starters after 3 qtrs, theyd have scored another 21 points easily and we'd have lost 80-14. And to be clear, this does not bolster your argument on Butch's behalf.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back