Hugh Freeze mega thread and poll [merged]

Do you want Tennessee to hire Hugh Freeze?

• Yes

Votes: 1,219 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 360 22.9%

• Total voters
I truly hope you stay around to eat a **** ton of crow after Hugh Freeze wins a natty. Because he will. He’s going to be the next dominant coach.

Preach. I’m fine with people saying that Freeze doesn’t meet their moral standards for a coach. I used to be one of those “better a clean program mediocre program than a dirty great program types.” but then it dawned on me that what’s the point of a even having a football team if you aren’t trying to win. The choice is either have a dirty program that’s trying to win or ax the football team. This isn’t 1925 where people actually thought sports made better men out of people.

But even if you don’t see it that way- the way anti-Freeze types are pretending Freeze hasn’t been an incredible football coach so far rather than admitting to his success and arguing against him purely on the basis of morality is ridiculous. If you want a coach who isn’t gonna cheat on his wife then we never should have fired Fulmer.

Based on what? Two 9-win regular seasons at Ole Miss? Hate to break it to you, but Houston Nutt and David Cutcliffe each won 9 games at Ole Miss and neither went on to win a National Championship.

Hate to break it to you but it was ten wins (lol we will pretend you didn’t lie about this to make your point and instead are just ignorant) Nutt never did that and Cutcliffe did it once with Eli Manning as his QB.

This is ******** of the highest order, and the BS keeps expanding every time someone posts it.

Any lawyer with a single ball in his sack would hop all over this kind of collusive black-balling and crap all over the SEC with no issue. Not to mention the inevitable fight with a member university that would happen would give the conference a massive black eye.

Come on now, at least be believable.

Lawyers with more balls than brains aren’t usually in business very long.

I’ve personally seen three pay my fees because they were ball handling with less skill than what you’re insinuating.

Preach. I’m fine with people saying that Freeze doesn’t meet their moral standards for a coach. I used to be one of those “better a clean program mediocre program than a dirty great program types.” but then it dawned on me that what’s the point of a even having a football team if you aren’t trying to win. The choice is either have a dirty program that’s trying to win or ax the football team. This isn’t 1925 where people actually thought sports made better men out of people.

But even if you don’t see it that way- the way anti-Freeze types are pretending Freeze hasn’t been an incredible football coach so far rather than admitting to his success and arguing against him purely on the basis of morality is ridiculous. If you want a coach who isn’t gonna cheat on his wife then we never should have fired Fulmer.
Incredible ? He’s been good certain years but Incredible ? Lol!

That is an incredibly interesting article on Dan Mullen’s situation. Mullen certainly made some bizarre actions and statements for a head coach - stuff you might expect from Lane Kiffin but even worse.

Alabama has been a nightmare for Tennessee since Nick Saban became head coach what else is new?

If nothing else, this post gave me a good laugh.

Hugh Freeze is making $3 million per year at Liberty and just signed an extension thru 2026. By all accounts Freeze really does like it there and it’s obvious that Liberty has made a substantial commitment to him and the future of the program.

Secondly, the thought that Alabama would be willing to provide a lucrative enough contract to lure him into accepting an OC job along with having to pay a brand new buyout; just doesn’t seem like common sense.

If Freeze leaves Liberty; it will only be for a significant head coaching opportunity.

Freeze was not a candidate at Auburn or South Carolina in part because the feeling behind the scenes is still that the SEC will not approve his hiring in the conference at this point. It prevented him from being an analyst at Bama three years ago and from being an OC two years ago.
Aside from giving a school the evil eye, what powers can the SEC wield to prevent a Freeze hire? Serious question for which I honestly don’t have an answer. If a school REALLY wanted the man....

Reactions: Skippy95
Well....my first time back to football forum in weeks and...hahaha....guess I'll go back to the basketball forum...I mean...MY GOODNESS...what will it take to be enough??? and when??? :D:D:D

If nothing else, this post gave me a good laugh.

Hugh Freeze is making $3 million per year at Liberty and just signed an extension thru 2026. By all accounts Freeze really does like it there and it’s obvious that Liberty has made a substantial commitment to him and the future of the program.

Secondly, the thought that Alabama would be willing to provide a lucrative enough contract to lure him into accepting an OC job along with having to pay a brand new buyout; just doesn’t seem like common sense.

If Freeze leaves Liberty; it will only be for a significant head coaching opportunity.

This is where I'm at on this situation. It just seems far fetched to think that a guy would take a step down when he is making good money, appears to be happy, and has been the apple of several fan-bases eyes during their coaching searches.

Also, why become Saban's lap dog, when you are running a program successfully? That seems like a hassle that you can totally avoid if you are Freeze.

Dennis Dodd at CBS is the only person I saw that reported that (and AL.com story on Auburn referenced his report but did not independently report it). The South Carolina 247 site and the SC beat reporter from the Athletic both said it wasn't true and that the school's list did not include Freeze.

Dodd also said Freeze was the frontrunner at Auburn and they didn't even interview him. Dodd got played by Jimmy Sexton on that one.
Look at how many coaches turned Tennessee down but yet Tennessee would never admit such a thing the person they hired has been number 1 on there list the hole time.

No sir.

He makes 3 mil at Liberty.
Sark made 2.5 Mil as OC at Bama.
Bama will not pay 3.5 for Hugh or anyone.

Look for them to get a bright young guy to incorporate what Sark left at Bama and not deviate too much from that.
They were going to pay Sarkisian 3.5-4 million to stay.

No sir.

He makes 3 mil at Liberty.
Sark made 2.5 Mil as OC at Bama.
Bama will not pay 3.5 for Hugh or anyone.

Look for them to get a bright young guy to incorporate what Sark left at Bama and not deviate too much from that.

There’s 2 things you knuckleheads haven’t brought up in this thread:
1. What if Freeze gets the coach in waiting tag at Alabama. That may be the whole reason he goes there.
2. I don’t think Scott Strickland, former AD at Mississippi State while freeze was the HC at ole miss would hire Freeze. I think there’s still bad blood there.
Alabubba can do better than Freeze

Lol...he he isn’t leaving free sessions with Jerry Falwell Jr’s wife to spend 90 hours a week with the Crimson Elf.

I read that Liberty just extended Freeze's contract through 2026 and he's now paid in the top five at non P5 schools....IMO, Freeze next move will be as a HC and not a cord.

Look at how many coaches turned Tennessee down but yet Tennessee would never admit such a thing the person they hired has been number 1 on there list the hole time.

Hugh Freeze would have crawled across hot coals to get an offer from Auburn. Sorry friend, Freeze was not in the running for that job.

Once again our hopes will be shattered at a chance to hire a proven winner and offensive genius when Saban hires Freeze to replace Sark.

Bama is the place for coaches to go rehab themselves and Saban is paid the dividends along the way.

Time and time again this has been the case and when lord Saban hires Freeze all the negatively goes away surrounding Freeze. Because, no one is willing to or able to question Saban's decisions. Just like when he was able to coach 2 days after being Covid positive while looking very physically ill on the sidelines......

But in the end, UTs rivals get better and UT gets worse.....
The absolute best coach candidate available for the next several years just went to Texas! He is going to kill it there! I give it 2 years and Texas is in the playoffs!

VN Store

Back