Hugh Freeze mega thread and poll [merged]

Do you want Tennessee to hire Hugh Freeze?

• Yes

Votes: 1,219 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 360 22.9%

• Total voters
Wait till you see the new Gruden threads
hahaha...I NEVER read Tony Basillo and certainly dont listen to his show..BUT...today i did see his website....THAT IS WHERE ALL THIS SILLINESS IS COMING FROM ISN'T IT? I mean everything i read there today sounded like 10th grade gossip! I could not believe this guy has any credibility at all! Maybe he doesn't IDK...it was like reading (or trying to read) 70% of the post in the football forum here....I mean word for word....He at least should sue for damages and copy rights...Made my day and the first time I've laughed since having this wretched virus...Thanks TB....

This is ******** of the highest order, and the BS keeps expanding every time someone posts it.

Any lawyer with a single ball in his sack would hop all over this kind of collusive black-balling and crap all over the SEC with no issue. Not to mention the inevitable fight with a member university that would happen would give the conference a massive black eye.

Come on now, at least be believable.

Believe what you want and I'll leave it at that.

Regarding Auburn, they hired a basketball coach with prior NCAA issues who continued to have NCAA issues at Auburn. Maybe with that investigation open, the SEC told Auburn "to pass" on Freeze while they may say "No problem" elsewhere.

The bylaws are vague enough where this type of flexibility exists.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Btw Saban is likely hiring a former NFL HC as OC and has 2 listed as his choices.
3 mil is damn good money to be a College OC. I imagine there are quite a few that would love to work with all that NFL talent.

Watch it Skippy, he has 15 years in the business :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nah it’s idiots like you all who literally make sh!t up and throw it at the wall. There’s is no league in college sports that’s going to outright prevent someone from hiring a head coach unless he’s a convicted felon. The universities would leave the conference.

Nah it’s idiots like you all who literally make sh!t up and throw it at the wall. There’s is no league in college sports that’s going to outright prevent someone from hiring a head coach unless he’s a convicted felon. The universities would leave the conference.
I was referring to your response to that Conley guy who wants to impress the kids by name dropping.

Reactions: Skippy95

I don't think he made that up. That's just what he was told. Whether that result could actually be enforced is something different.

DE1conly is connected to Tennessee and the recruiting network there. Been so for a good while.

Can we please get it through our heads that Hugh Freeze is not hireable in the SEC?

Regardless of what he tried to tell people (and if Hugh’s mouth is moving it means he’s lying), he was never in play for the Auburn job. Just like he wasn’t in play at South Carolina. Or Southern Miss. or Memphis last year. Or all those OC jobs he claimed to be involved with.

With the best agent in the biz, Hugh Freeze was unable to get a single dime of a $16M buyout. Not. One. Dime. Art Briles got $15M. You know the kind of skeletons you have to have in your closet to not collect one dime of an 8-figure payday? That isn’t just about some phone numbers on a call log. Wake up.

This is not a kind and gentle league. Not a lot of benevolence going on in the SEC in recruiting. And Hugh has enemies everywhere around this league and in Memphis. Scarlet letter around his neck on the recruiting trail.

And before and simpletons tell me “oh watch Florida hire him when Mullen leaves”. Uhhhh, last I checked Scott Stricklin is Florida’s AD. Go check where he was AD before Florida and get back to me.

And stop with the “he turned down Auburn bc he wants the Tennessee job” nonsense. He’s not some VFL people. And him turning down Auburn would be like a starving man turning down a Christmas turkey. He was never contacted. It was hilarious that that report came out that he was contacted and 20 minutes later Auburn announced Harsin.

And I won’t even go into the ridiculous tweeting and Briarcrest stuff here or the fact that as a program builder and sustainer he leaves a whole lot to be desired.

If you want to tell me he gets an NCST-ish type ACC job? I can buy that. But he’s not coming back into this league for at least 2-3 more years, if ever.

Can we please get it through our heads that Hugh Freeze is not hireable in the SEC?

Regardless of what he tried to tell people (and if Hugh’s mouth is moving it means he’s lying), he was never in play for the Auburn job. Just like he wasn’t in play at South Carolina. Or Southern Miss. or Memphis last year. Or all those OC jobs he claimed to be involved with.

With the best agent in the biz, Hugh Freeze was unable to get a single dime of a $16M buyout. Not. One. Dime. Art Briles got $15M. You know the kind of skeletons you have to have in your closet to not collect one dime of an 8-figure payday? That isn’t just about some phone numbers on a call log. Wake up.

This is not a kind and gentle league. Not a lot of benevolence going on in the SEC in recruiting. And Hugh has enemies everywhere around this league and in Memphis. Scarlet letter around his neck on the recruiting trail.

And before and simpletons tell me “oh watch Florida hire him when Mullen leaves”. Uhhhh, last I checked Scott Stricklin is Florida’s AD. Go check where he was AD before Florida and get back to me.

And stop with the “he turned down Auburn bc he wants the Tennessee job” nonsense. He’s not some VFL people. And him turning down Auburn would be like a starving man turning down a Christmas turkey. He was never contacted. It was hilarious that that report came out that he was contacted and 20 minutes later Auburn announced Harsin.

And I won’t even go into the ridiculous tweeting and Briarcrest stuff here or the fact that as a program builder and sustainer he leaves a whole lot to be desired.

If you want to tell me he gets an NCST-ish type ACC job? I can buy that. But he’s not coming back into this league for at least 2-3 more years, if ever.
Reverse psychology.
I like it 😉👍👍👍.

It's getting coooooold in Knoxville 🥶

Bring Hugh Home!

VN Store

Back