Hugh Freeze mega thread and poll [merged]

Do you want Tennessee to hire Hugh Freeze?

• Yes

Votes: 1,219 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 360 22.9%

• Total voters
Hugh Freeze isn't leaving what he has to be a coordinator.
It would be a great move.
How many of Saban coordinaters haven’t gotten better HC gigs after being with him?
Gonna be hard to top this year at liberty.
Any year at Bama 13-0 and NC possible.
Look what coaching that Bama talent got Shark

It would be a great move.
How many of Saban coordinaters haven’t gotten better HC gigs after being with him?
Gonna be hard to top this year at liberty.
Any year at Bama 13-0 and NC possible.
Look what coaching that Bama talent got Shark
He’s not taking a 7 figure pay cut to get a rub from Saban for his resume.

Do

Do you not know that SEC and NCAA told Saban he couldn't hire Freeze even as a analyst? Also that Auburn was told they couldn't hire Freeze whonwas their top choice? Also Liberty pays him handsome so why would he leave to go be OC? Smdh
This is ******** of the highest order, and the BS keeps expanding every time someone posts it.

Any lawyer with a single ball in his sack would hop all over this kind of collusive black-balling and crap all over the SEC with no issue. Not to mention the inevitable fight with a member university that would happen would give the conference a massive black eye.

Come on now, at least be believable.

Freeze was not a candidate at Auburn or South Carolina in part because the feeling behind the scenes is still that the SEC will not approve his hiring in the conference at this point. It prevented him from being an analyst at Bama three years ago and from being an OC two years ago.

I'd love for you to point out where in the conference bylaws the conference gets the final say on the hiring and firing of coaches.

This is idiotic. Freeze is not going to Alabama to be an OC. That’s the bammers pipe dream. I wish they’d have pipe dreams like cornbread stepping down to go be their DC. That’s more realistic than Freeze going to be their OC. This idea that Freeze has some SEC ban is the fakest of fake news I’ve ever read. The governing body for a conference isn’t going to tell a school who they can or cannot hire. Specifically a president of a conference. That’s a quick way to get his butt removed. Just idiotic.

You can think whatever you want about it, but it's reality. In fact, it's a conference rule.

Four years ago, the SEC presidents voted to approve a rule where if a school wanted to hire a coach in any sport that had received a show cause or had been found to have committed NCAA Level 1 violations, the school would have to apply to the Commissioner for approval to hire that person.

When Alabama wanted to bring in Freeze as an analyst, he was rejected because of this rule. When he actively pursued the Tennessee and Auburn OC jobs two years ago, the schools were reminded of the policy by the conference office. The rule has also prevented Art Briles from joining two different SEC staffs.

I'd love for you to point out where in the conference bylaws the conference gets the final say on the hiring and firing of coaches.

They don't get a final say on hiring and firing of coaches. But they did set a policy for coaches that have had a Level 1 violation at a previous job and all of the member schools voted to approve it.

Will the SEC approve Freeze at some point? I think there's a good chance that they will. But it's not going to be this year and I think any school that would have made the request is comfortable with the reasons why the answer is still no.

Freeze was not a candidate at Auburn or South Carolina in part because the feeling behind the scenes is still that the SEC will not approve his hiring in the conference at this point. It prevented him from being an analyst at Bama three years ago and from being an OC two years ago.

Pretty sure South Carolina vetted Hugh Freeze with the SEC office...

There are national sources (CBS and ESPN) that have indicated the same. Al.com (which is essentially the University of Alabama/SEC media relations group) has said that Freeze can come back once Ole Miss's probation is over.

They don't get a final say on hiring and firing of coaches. But they did set a policy for coaches that have had a Level 1 violation at a previous job and all of the member schools voted to approve it.

Will the SEC approve Freeze at some point? I think there's a good chance that they will. But it's not going to be this year and I think any school that would have made the request is comfortable with the reasons why the answer is still no.
According to AL.com, Freeze is good to go. San key has evidently told them that he is fine to hire. In reality, once he served his one year show cause penalty, there was nothing that Sankey could do anyway. If he tried to block employment he would be in violation of multiple federal laws. Along with that, he had already set precedent with Bruce Pearl. Now does that mean that TN would hire him, I dont think so, but it has nothing to do with Sankey or the SEC

As far as rehiring goes, you must have forgotten that any SEC school that wanted to hire Bruce Pearl had to get Sankey's approval.

Either way, I think Sankey gave the green light for Freeze back in 2018

Once again our hopes will be shattered at a chance to hire a proven winner and offensive genius when Saban hires Freeze to replace Sark.

Bama is the place for coaches to go rehab themselves and Saban is paid the dividends along the way.

Time and time again this has been the case and when lord Saban hires Freeze all the negatively goes away surrounding Freeze. Because, no one is willing to or able to question Saban's decisions. Just like when he was able to coach 2 days after being Covid positive while looking very physically ill on the sidelines......

But in the end, UTs rivals get better and UT gets worse.....
Lol Freeze isn’t leaving a HC gig to be a coordinator...even if it is @ Bama....Jesus.

As far as rehiring goes, you must have forgotten that any SEC school that wanted to hire Bruce Pearl had to get Sankey's approval.

Sankey did NOT give green light in 2018 or 2019 since Ole Miss was still on probation. Multiple national sources, SC sources, AL.com have all reported that USCe vetted Freeze and the SEC office would not block the hire

There's a better chance Mullen guess to the NFL and Freeze replaces him there. Freeze isn't going to leave a HC job to be a coordinator.

Hugh Freeze at UF is a terrible nightmare.
Because I honestly think he's a tad better coach than Mullen and far superior recruiter.

Hugh Freeze at UT ...could be what Tennessee could have been if Spurrier coached in Knoxville in the 1990s-2000s.

He was vetted for the UT OC job after the 2018 season and was not greenlit at that point.

TN isn’t hiring Freeze. So I guess all we can do is hope he gets a job outside the SEC. I suspect our next HC will be a Mcgoogle coach. Then 3-4 years later we will be in for yet another HC search.

Pretty sure South Carolina vetted Hugh Freeze with the SEC office...

There are national sources (CBS and ESPN) that have indicated the same. Al.com (which is essentially the University of Alabama/SEC media relations group) has said that Freeze can come back once Ole Miss's probation is over.

South Carolina never made contact with Freeze, and certainly never contacted the SEC about him. South Carolina's president would not allow their search committee to even contact anyone wit prior NCAA issues.

Auburn may have made a call, he wasn't on the school's list, but he had the support of some boosters.

AL.com may have reported that, but it's not what the rule that the Presidents approved three years ago says. That rule had nothing to do with the length of sanctions at the previous school.

Do

Do you not know that SEC and NCAA told Saban he couldn't hire Freeze even as a analyst? Also that Auburn was told they couldn't hire Freeze whonwas their top choice? Also Liberty pays him handsome so why would he leave to go be OC? Smdh
The only way that either of those happens if Freeze is under a show-cause Fact the SEC CANT block a hire. Also a fact the AA can’t tell Bama they can’t hire a coach and allow him to coach at another of their institutions (Liberty)...ever. Both institutions would be opening their checkbook if formal sanctions such as a show cause wasnt in place.

South Carolina never made contact with Freeze, and certainly never contacted the SEC about him. South Carolina's president would not allow their search committee to even contact anyone wit prior NCAA issues.

Auburn may have made a call, he wasn't on the school's list, but he had the support of some boosters.

AL.com may have reported that, but it's not what the rule that the Presidents approved three years ago says. That rule had nothing to do with the length of sanctions at the previous school.

Pretty sure SC reached out to Chadwell who had prior NCAA issues

VN Store

Back