How old were you...

I was 21. I was in basic training and missed the last two games of the season, the SEC Championship and the National Championship. Thankfully, my dad recorded the game and I watched it on VHS about a month or so after the game.

when we won the championship in 98? Where were you?
Bored, and since we're waiting for our bowl game, I figured how about story time.
I was 13 and watched it with my dad, grandma, and little brother. My dad and I jumped up and down for joy. We we're on the edges of our seats the entire game. I remember Fulmer's and Tee's post game interview so vividly. I'll never forget that magical feeling. My does time go by so fast.

Newly-married to a Gator alumna and smack-dab in the middle of Tallahassee, Florida.

Arrogant bastards were on the radio claiming we wouldn't finish fourth in the ACC.

Only thing frustrating about that night was the score. We were superior to them in all respects and our mistakes were the only thing that kept Half A$$ U in the game.

It was still fun to hear those yokels whine and complain about what they would have done if Weinke had been in the game (Forgetting that we were without Jamal Lewis.).

Even better to hear the hammered neighbor in the apartment next door scream "Feeercckk yooo, yooo Tinnerrssee son of a bissh!" as he walked past my door at 3:00 AM.

Living there left me with a dislike for the trailer trash tribe and a complete lack of respect for the academic heft of the institution.

I was 38, stationed at the Pentagon, but seconded to State Department. So worked downtown.

My dad was up for the week, helping me install kitchen cabinets. We watched the game together that night: my dad, my wife, our sleeping twin babies, and me. It was awesome, in every way.

I got promoted that same week, pin-on date the 1st of January, and a few days later we had the promotion ceremony in the United States' Treaty Room on the 6th floor at State, just outside Madeleine Albright's offices. That room had never before, and has never since, been so orange. Heh.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
So I was 24, Graduated that spring from UTK and just moved to ATL so I missed most of that season (in person).

I don't remember where I was for the game itself.

I was 39 and I watched it at home. I was so excited,I don't think I slept all night. Had to work the next day but I didn't miss the sleep at all. Hope I'm not so old that I break a hip celebrating the next one.

when we won the championship in 98? Where were you?
Bored, and since we're waiting for our bowl game, I figured how about story time.
I was 13 and watched it with my dad, grandma, and little brother. My dad and I jumped up and down for joy. We we're on the edges of our seats the entire game. I remember Fulmer's and Tee's post game interview so vividly. I'll never forget that magical feeling. My does time go by so fast.
35. At the game

Reactions: 12 Monkeys
I've got to know the story behind that lol. How you were a UT fan and your dad FSU.

Dad actually went to Florida State. Somewhere around the age of 4 or 5 I started liking Tennessee. Maybe it was the orange, maybe it was the way they ran over people....who knows. What makes it really weird is that I am from Florida, live in Georgia, and am all VOL! I do have family in Knoxville, they may have done some brainwashing! I Still have my unopened bag of tostitos championship tortilla chips!

VN Store

Back