How old were you...

That would make us the same age. I was 13 and loved it. But I had no clue what a special thing I was watching.
I understand what you mean. Kind of like the saying, don't know what you've got til it's gone. I lived my childhood with us being good, with Peyton, but not understanding all the technicalities of the game. I knew to hate Bama, the gators, and the dawgs lol.

Reactions: Hacksaw
I was 14, watching at home with my parents, little brother, aunt and uncle. I was really the only Tennessee fan, but everybody else was pulling for Tennessee except for my uncle. His sister was married to an FSU fan.
Dumb reason

34 just brought my youngest son home from the hospital. He was born Friday the 13 (day before the Arkansas game) with a lil issue. Wife, other son who was 4 at the time watched with me. My wife took the baby from me saying I was going to give him brain damage jumping up n down with him

Mature enough to tell all the drunks at the watch party to enjoy it because that would be the last time in their lives. Hope I am wrong.

I was...lemme think...50! Our son was a freshman in the P.O.T.S. Band & we were there, in the charter plane that had to circle Phoenix for 2 hours following the game (a cargo door mishap). Interesting way to celebrate a Championship, but all's well. GBO:cool:

45....I told my son who was in college at the time after the game that I was satisfied and going forward as far as UT football I would be satisfied from that night forward...............................................I LIED!;)
You're killing me here. I too was 45 and got tix to the game but had to give them to a friend because I had to be at a conference. At least the conference was at the Fontainbleau on Miami Beach. Worst part was my wife and daughter were tired from too much beach and fell asleep so I went down to hotel bar to watch with a bunch of tax lawyers sitting around who didn't care. The friend was the same one that I gave my tix to for the miracle at ND because I had to be at a classified site for my Navy Reserve unit (which meant I didn't even get to see the game, had to watch it on tape). I used to tell him he was the luckiest fan around, until cancer got him. He loved the Vols.

Same. Was 32. My daughter was born in 98. I always call her my little championship baby. I was rocking her in one of those baby rockers when FL missed the FG in OT. I always remember that bonding experience I had with her. Now- what the heck is wrong with the men in your family- I get cars but over a UT game 🤪??? Thank you ladies for representing us well.
Well, he's ex. Guess I need to fix that.

when we won the championship in 98? Where were you?
Bored, and since we're waiting for our bowl game, I figured how about story time.
I was 13 and watched it with my dad, grandma, and little brother. My dad and I jumped up and down for joy. We we're on the edges of our seats the entire game. I remember Fulmer's and Tee's post game interview so vividly. I'll never forget that magical feeling. My does time go by so fast.
I was 10. I watched it with the volume low bc it was a school night an moms had told me to go to bed. What I remember most is Dewayne Goodrich jumping the pass to the flat for a picksix. I think he hurt his hamstring and Smokey the Mascot tackled him anyway 😂😂😂😂 GBFO!!!!!

Ain't giving my age. Not out of shame but resentment of data-mining's effectiveness in cross analyzing and getting into your business far beyond necessity. That being said, I was in Arizona. Prior to the game, splitting time between playing some silly thing we called disc tag with my 10yrs old daughter and watching a family of Thompson quails parading back and forth in the desert just over the backyard fence. Later, my daughter got enchanted with two jackrabbits that basically sat out there starring at her and she at them. Not sure I remember right but think she got a pad and pencil to draw them. During the game, the daughter and wife units left me alone except for feeding me mostly peeled and chilled cactus pears, sliced apples, smoked gouda cheese, and crackers during the game. Washed down by ocotillo flower tea.

VN Store

Back