How old were you...

44 ... I have two posters I made from every Tennessean newspaper sports page headline and photos from that year. One year before the Titans moved in so the VOLS were always top billing in Nashville. Favorite pic: Clint Stoerner placing the ball on the ground! I'll get them out of storage and post sometime.

I was living in Columbus Ohio at the time too, the Buckeyes would have been the opponent if they hadn’t blown the Michigan State game at home. I remember they felt they should have still been there instead of FSU. A day before the big game a Columbus radio station had a simulated game between The Buckeyes and The Vols with Play by play announcers, fan noise and everything. Obviously they had The Big Orange losing and TOSU were the BCS champs. LOL

Yeah, I remember that. I only hope that no matter what embarrassing behavior any of our fans may ever exhibit, that we don't ever sink that low. That was just pitiful.

Reactions: MAD
45....I told my son who was in college at the time after the game that I was satisfied and going forward as far as UT football I would be satisfied from that night forward...............................................I LIED!;)

32, watched all the games that season with my husband's cousin's wife. The guys stayed in the garage working on a car they were rebuilding, and she snd I watched football.

Same. Was 32. My daughter was born in 98. I always call her my little championship baby. I was rocking her in one of those baby rockers when FL missed the FG in OT. I always remember that bonding experience I had with her. Now- what the heck is wrong with the men in your family- I get cars but over a UT game 🤪??? Thank you ladies for representing us well.

I was 43...don't want it to be a downer but was in the hospital with our 3 year old son who had just undergone a 5 hour surgery to remove a neuroblastoma tumor.
Earlier in the year I had taken our 5 year old son to his first UT game against Arkansas. What a

Very sorry your son and your family had to go through that.

I was 28 babysitting inmates @ the sheriffs dept i worked at. Never will forget that night. They would keep asking for everything, i told them i would throw them in the hole for a week if they didnt leave me alone long enough to watch the game.
I was 26 and doing the same thing. Watching in one of the pods at the Knox County Sheriffs Detention Facility where I worked. I got to leave at halftime and watched the rest at home.

13, we did not have cable, so I listened to the legend John Ward on the radio. I grew up in the country and we only had rabbit ears with 3-4 channels. John ward made me love UT. I miss him. I also miss having a dominating team that was feared by the rest of the league. I also miss beating the snot out of the bammers year in a year out. It seemed for a while that we would let them win a game every now and them just to keep the rivalry alive.

25 and watching in a B&B in Charleston with my then girlfriend,now wife. Watching the game now it’s closer than what I remembered.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
I was 22 and watched every game that season with tv muted so I could hear John Ward and Bill Anderson calling the game. I don't know why but the delay from tv to radio broadcast back then wasn't too drastic and I feel sorry for any of you too young to have heard them. They were something really special and I miss them calling the games as much as I miss the national relevancy of our program that I took for granted back then.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Back then on internet forums people used to troll us Volunteer fans on the CNNSI message forum that we were the luckiest team ever. LOL we were too. That Arkansas game was crazy. That team never quit no matter how lost hope seemed

Reactions: MikeInFla
13, we did not have cable, so I listened to the legend John Ward on the radio. I grew up in the country and we only had rabbit ears with 3-4 channels. John ward made me love UT. I miss him. I also miss having a dominating team that was feared by the rest of the league. I also miss beating the snot out of the bammers year in a year out. It seemed for a while that we would let them win a game every now and them just to keep the rivalry alive.
🤣

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back