How old were you...

when we won the championship in 98? Where were you?
Bored, and since we're waiting for our bowl game, I figured how about story time.
I was 13 and watched it with my dad, grandma, and little brother. My dad and I jumped up and down for joy. We we're on the edges of our seats the entire game. I remember Fulmer's and Tee's post game interview so vividly. I'll never forget that magical feeling. My does time go by so fast.

Reactions: MadWorld
I was 33 and living in SoCal. I watched it at a sports bar full of FSU fans who were quite vocal in the first half, not so much in the second. The hottest girl in the bar, a waitress there, asked me for a ride home, which I gave her. I didn't even ask for her number (don't ask me why).

Bored, and since we're waiting for our bowl game, I figured how about story time.
I was 13 and watched it with my dad, grandma, and little brother. My dad and I jumped up and down for joy. We we're on the edges of our seats the entire game. I remember Fulmer's and Tee's post game interview so vividly. I'll never forget that magical feeling. My does time go by so fast.

33 and watching from my home in Oregon, where I had moved a year and a half earlier to start a new job (still there today). For many years I had told people that I would be happy if I could see the Vols win the national title just once during my lifetime. I'll never forget what a thrill it was. I spent the evening following the game celebrating on the phone long distance with my family. I wish all of you who are too young to remember it will have the chance to experience it at least once while you're old enough to really appreciate it.

I was 33 and living in SoCal. I watched it at a sports bar full of FSU fans who were quite vocal in the first half, not so much in the second. The hottest girl in the bar, a waitress there, asked me for a ride home, which I gave her. I didn't even ask for her number (don't ask me why).

Did you buy her breakfast?

when we won the championship in 98? 32
Where were you? In the Himalayas tracking Yettis

We woke up in our tent later that night after the game was over, and all of our shoes were missing....I knew then that we had experienced an encounter with THE YETTI.......😎

Last edited:
I was 29, watched it with my dad. I had the opportunity to drive him that year to Knoxville to see the Kentucky game with my brother that lives in Farragut, we are in Middle TN. My dad had never been to a game, but always listened to John Ward. We got to meet several players after the game.. Was very cool.

I was 31 and at the game. After buying and selling tickets we were on the 35 yard line 20 rows up for 0.00 dollars. Great time to be a Vol fan. I would be lying if I didn't tell you when I walked into the stadium and looked around and it was 80% orange I got a little misty eyed. 60000 Tennessee fans 2000 miles from home.It was an incredible experience. 😁

46, I was stationed at Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson, AZ. I had tickets in hand and was jacked about seeing the Vols play for the championship in Phoenix.
But then 24 hours before the game, I was "short noticed" with orders to deploy to Kosovo the day after the game.
Priorities. I gave the tickets away to a young airman who wanted to take his wife and son to the game but was short on the purchase price. I watched the game on TV at home with my family.

46, I was stationed at Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson, AZ. I had tickets in hand and was jacked about seeing the Vols play for the championship in Phoenix.
But then 24 hours before the game, I was "short noticed" with orders to deploy to Kosovo the day after the game.
Priorities. I gave the tickets away to a young airman who wanted to take his wife and son to the game but was short on the purchase price. I watched the game on TV at home with my family.
Your a good dude.Thank you for service and Merry Christmas

16 and watched it with my dad (huge FSU fan) we eventually wound up watching in separate rooms

VN Store

Back