How much more can Hype do to get Milton right?

I ain't that worried bout Milton

Hes JG ish, but he can still run the tempo and hit the short ones.

Just gotta get through Bama and get Hendon back for UK. Which seems likely since Hooker is supposedly day to day.

Personally, I wouldn't play him after a chose to run out of bounds at the end of the Ole Miss game. If they do play him, it will probably have to be short, quick passes because I don't think we will have an offensive line able to provide the protection for guys to get deep.

Milton might as well have carried his scholarship out of bounds with him with 0:00 left on the clock down by 5. It does not matter who or what position you are you sell your soul and put your body on the line for the end zone. He has no business on the field at all ever. It was the most disgusting thing I saw in that 4 hour game

So a QB making a dumb decision was the most disgusting thing you saw?? This post is indicative of the very most moronic of our fan base.

Reactions: jarnol32
I was disappointed in his run out of bounds too, but if he starts, what choice do we have? If JM starts I hope he has the best day of his career.

See you can’t feel this way. You have to hate Milton . And if Heupel plays him then you have to use this slogan “well this is just another coach that we have to take at his word that he is playing the best guy.” Pruitt, JG, JG blah, blah, blah.

You cannot just support the TN QB and hope he succeeds. You have to pick sides.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
See you can’t feel this way. You have to hate Milton . And if Heupel plays him then you have to use this slogan “well this is just another coach that we have to take at his word that he is playing the best guy.” Pruitt, JG, JG blah, blah, blah.

You cannot just support the TN QB and hope he succeeds. You have to pick sides.
I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but I don't have a choice. I bleed orange, so I support the team that takes the field on Saturday. That doesn't really affect how I feel about the coach, but at the moment I support CJH. He is the best UT has had in a while and I hope he becomes the best ever.

Reactions: GenRRN
Are you going to give him one more chance, or is it over for a lot of people?
Its over, but I would not be surprised to see him on he field. In some way, I don't want to see HB get hurt. I think we play Milton against Mama, Hb against Kentucky, Milton against Georgia, and BH the rest of the games. This way, we will likely win enough games to go bowling, and increase our recruiting class. We need to sign at least two QBs this Fall and have them redshirt to learn the system and go through our S&C program. We need to prepare for the future as well as try to field a way to win 7-8 games next year.

Last edited:
Milton has shown repeatedly he shies away from contact.

HT would light him up.

One on one in the open field, HT drops Milton dead on the spot ten out of ten. It ain't close. Anybody thinks otherwise offer up some film/video showing Milton running over anybody in his entire collegiate career to prove your point.

I think it's how the kid is wired. He's unable to contain the adrenaline. It screws up his decision making and likely why he can't control his passing touch. Everything is 100mph with him. The game likely will never slow down for him. Even if it does eventually, he's at the wrong school at most definitely the wrong time. You cannot risk a JG the sequel. Just can't put the program or the fan base thru that again. Get thru this season and grab another 2 qbs who fit your system from the transfer portal and move on.

This will happen

Are you going to give him one more chance, or is it over for a lot of people?
When he jogged out of bounds at the 8 to seal the game, that’s where it became over for me. A competitor and leader at the least would have attempted to bulldoze his way into the checker boards.

If he could be fixed, he'd already be fixed.

I have zero hope for a guy that has been playing football at the highest levels for as long as he has, and runs the ball out of bounds on the final play of the game with the clock at 0.00.
You don’t remember Jonathan Crompton? He was “fixed” halfway though his senior season and was a very good quarterback from then on. He even hung around the nfl for 2 or 3 seasons. When or if it clicks for Milton he will be a great college quarterback.

If he doesn’t have his passing technique down by now I’m not sure it will all of a sudden just come. It’s like a pitcher throwing strikes. All about the follow through.

If he could be fixed, he'd already be fixed.

I have zero hope for a guy that has been playing football at the highest levels for as long as he has, and runs the ball out of bounds on the final play of the game with the clock at 0.00.
You don’t remember Jonathan Crompton? He was “fixed” halfway though his senior season and was a very good quarterback from them on. He even hung around the nfl for 2 or 3 seasons. When or if it clicks for Milton he will be a great college quarterback.

I have a feeling he will start against Bama, so my question is, can Hype give him more advice during practice this week? Can he actually pull the trigger on his arm to get that ball to the receivers downfield without over shooting them. How much more can Hype do to get this corrected in practice? He is probably going to have to really practice starting today and a lot more trying to get it right. Man, I love his arm, but if he could just throw it accurately, he would be a superstar. I said he would be starting this week, because it’s just that feeling you know? If he does, is this his last chance to get it right in practice? Does he know this? Do we pull for him to get it right one last time if he starts?

Hypnotize him or do something to get his head out of the clouds. The lack of situational awareness with 3 seconds left in the game showed that Milton did not have his head in the game. From the interviews and things I have seen, he does seem to be somewhere else in his head than focused on the task at hand.

VN Store

Back