How much more can Hype do to get Milton right?

I say give him a chance to air it out. Alabama's secondary is their biggest weakness. I'd come out and sling it to check them a few times and put them on notice. While his throws were not perfect on Saturday, they were much more in-range than his previous ones.

With the questions up front he’ll have to extend plays and lead people open. I can’t see that happening. By all means though run 4 wide go patterns and throw it up. Stranger things have happened in this game…

Thanks for that reply.
Think about this:
He runs slow and seems not to want to get hit.
Has little to none situational awarenedd
His short passes although fairly accurate are thrown so hard they are hard to catch. (no touch)
Can't hit the deep ball. (no touch)
Surely we have someone who can do at least one or two of those things better.

Imo, he’s deathly afraid to get hit. When at his size and frame he should be taking on tacklers.

I say give him a chance to air it out. Alabama's secondary is their biggest weakness. I'd come out and sling it to check them a few times and put them on notice. While his throws were not perfect on Saturday, they were much more in-range than his previous ones.
With all due respect, are we playing horseshoes or hand grenades? Close don't count.

I don’t think Tennessee can start slow enough and have the time for Milton to find success. He just doesent have the tools to be successful in this offense. Clock awareness, instincts, natural running motion, touch, blocking assignments, or executing the easy plays.

For whatever reason it’s not there. If he has to play Saturday it won’t be long before Bailey has to come in. CJH should politely ask him when he had his Vision checked. I can’t remember the last QB regardless of team that didn’t show any growth at all. Even ole JG as bad as he was showed instances where he could be at least be serviceable

Maybe Joe "Wild Thing" Milton should get his eyes checked.

Lol both of them

I don’t remember right off either but I know he came in and had a hell of a short series before being pulled by balding pinhead and that’s when the Bailey talk started
I think he did. He had a series or two that was pretty good there, driving the ball down the field.

Thanks for that reply.
Think about this:
He runs slow and seems not to want to get hit.
Has little to none situational awarenedd
His short passes although fairly accurate are thrown so hard they are hard to catch. (no touch)
Can't hit the deep ball. (no touch)
Surely we have someone who can do at least one or two of those things better.
He sure seems to do this a lot doesn’t he. The main two things is overthrows and that fast ball. If he does start this week, he is going to have to take some hits, that is going to be just natural against Bama. He is going to have to toughen up, throw the ball with a nice touch deep, and soften the short passes up.

I have a feeling he will start against Bama, so my question is, can Hype give him more advice during practice this week? Can he actually pull the trigger on his arm to get that ball to the receivers downfield without over shooting them. How much more can Hype do to get this corrected in practice? He is probably going to have to really practice starting today and a lot more trying to get it right. Man, I love his arm, but if he could just throw it accurately, he would be a superstar. I said he would be starting this week, because it’s just that feeling you know? If he does, is this his last chance to get it right in practice? Does he know this? Do we pull for him to get it right one last time if he starts?
I think it's how the kid is wired. He's unable to contain the adrenaline. It screws up his decision making and likely why he can't control his passing touch. Everything is 100mph with him. The game likely will never slow down for him. Even if it does eventually, he's at the wrong school at most definitely the wrong time. You cannot risk a JG the sequel. Just can't put the program or the fan base thru that again. Get thru this season and grab another 2 qbs who fit your system from the transfer portal and move on.

Reactions: HalfullVol
I think it's how the kid is wired. He's unable to contain the adrenaline. It screws up his decision making and likely why he can't control his passing touch. Everything is 100mph with him. The game likely will never slow down for him. Even if it does eventually, he's at the wrong school at most definitely the wrong time. You cannot risk a JG the sequel. Just can't put the program or the fan base thru that again. Get thru this season and grab another 2 qbs who fit your system from the transfer portal and move on.
It does seem that the offense that Hype runs may be a little slow for him. He has a chance here to slow it down if he starts. Most fans are done with him, for my occasion, if he starts Saturday I’ll give him this one last chance to correct it. If he doesn’t, then I’m done. If he doesn’t, then I say let’s get some thru the transfer portal and be done.

Reactions: CAVPUT
Against Alabama's rush defense ?

If they’re going to pressure Milton all day then I’ll live and die by quick hits, screens and draws. I would absolutely throw one to the end zone from Tennessee end of the field to back them off too

There is hope that we can beat their secondary a lot. Milton is going to have to get that ball out quickly though, and with a strong arm he can do that, but he can’t throw it 150 mph on short routes either. Get it out quickly down field, but get it to the receivers.
He throws a lot of over throws but that one game he had WR dropping the ball too

I’ll probably regret this, but I’ll give him one more chance Saturday. If he doesn’t, then I’m done. No more. Like I said, I’ll regret this, but I’m going to. We may have no choice until Bailey comes in.

Many will disagree with me, but I think I would hope to rest Hooker for this game, making sure he's 100% going in to the final stretch. He gets a week of rest after Bama, then he's ready for Kentucky. JMO

I have a feeling he will start against Bama, so my question is, can Hype give him more advice during practice this week? Can he actually pull the trigger on his arm to get that ball to the receivers downfield without over shooting them. How much more can Hype do to get this corrected in practice? He is probably going to have to really practice starting today and a lot more trying to get it right. Man, I love his arm, but if he could just throw it accurately, he would be a superstar. I said he would be starting this week, because it’s just that feeling you know? If he does, is this his last chance to get it right in practice? Does he know this? Do we pull for him to get it right one last time if he starts?

We absolutely pull for him, but that being said he is never going to get it.

The frustrating part about Milton is the arm talent is there but it’s the mental aspect that’s not. As far as the Mays and Evans? I would sit them against Bama. Let them heal up so they can help lay the beat down on UK.
Yeah you make a point about sitting the May brothers but man the QB is going to be in for the fight of his life back there unless the OL guys step up.
I don't know what it is with Milton. They say in practice he's making the throws... Either the stadium sizes screw with his depth perception, if so go get that kid some glasses haha
or he's got the practice Jersey on. If it's the practice Jersey then CJH and crew needs to tell Milton, you're getting tackled in practice, tell the defense wrap him up but dont hurt him...and practice him that way....I don't know...

VN Store

Back