HOW IS THIS LEGAL

Finally these guys are about to get paid their value. $100 handshake in a Billion dollar business isn’t sustainable. If players bust out after getting all that NIL money, that will slow down the NIL money. When that happens, players will want their cut of the TV money. Profit sharing is next.
They haven't proven their value. They're still in high school and nothing says they'll even pan out.

Reactions: Tnslim1
That along with him being the only QB on a visit this weekend is why everyone is assuming the recruit that signed the deal is Iamaleava
There are also some guys on the UCLA 247 board who purportedly are lawyers who worked on the deal that basically confirmed Nico-UT.

The one thing I will enjoy is watching various groups get upset because their group isn't receiving NIL deals the way another group is.

Imagine the circus environment if the recruit doesn’t attend the school affiliated with the donors and/or businesses. I can only imagine what would happen in Knoxville it that occurred to UT. 😝. But it will happen one day.

They haven't proven their value. They're still in high school and nothing says they'll even pan out.
$100 hand shake was dirty money probably squandered. Million dollar deals will bring focus to the young men. They have to keep putting in the work to keep getting paid the big bucks. These deals could actually bring structure to their free time too. The success of college players is all about how they spend their free time. I haven’t looked a contract, but I figure their are certain expectations that have to meet to keep getting paid. Once the deals involve millions of upfront guaranteed money like the NFL, then there is no telling how they will react. As long as there are stipulations, like being academically eligible or not under investigation and stuff like that, there is a chance NIL deals can bring focus to the players involved.

I saw that yesterday on my iphone news app. Didn't bother to read the story and find out the particulars, but that is without a doubt, buying the services of this kid. NCAA opened the door, now it has been taken off the hinges. How, as the op asked, can this be legal? Shouldn't there be something keeping the money guys from signing a high school junior to an NIL deal?

If this kid was an academic prodigy...and had already received a doctorate

Would you be pissed if a medical center offered him.$2M per year?

Reactions: SoddyAllVol
Five-star recruit signs $8 million NIL deal, largest for non-pro athlete

Not sure if everyone has seen this yet:
High junior signs $8 million NIL deal. $350,000 sign on now and then $2 million per year each year he's in college. He can't sign a LOI for the college he's attending yet but he can sign an NIL deal for that school, so that in essence is paying for play now, I don't care how you spin it!

WTH???

You understand this is Tennessee, right? Does that change your mind?

VN Store

Back