HOW IS THIS LEGAL

So how do these big NIL deals not create two divisions on the same team.
Dissension in the ranks.
There will be players on the same squad, shoulder to shoulder without these type of deals. Possibly no deals?

So? Be better or more marketable. Either way it's a you problem, meaning the person with no deal, not the teams. Want to be pissy about it? GTFO and have no deal and no team.

I'm thinking maybe EA can't afford it. I guess we'll see.

They originally got the NIL's for free, obviously. They'd need to pay 10,000 players to cover what we used to call D-1.

They won’t need every player, and I have to think NIL payments from boosters could serve as compensation for the use. I’m sure there is a way to structure it.

Wonder where all those belly aching about us being behind on NIL are now?

Not me , I think we’ve lost our everlovin minds giving 8 mill to a kid in high school , but I’m here for it since we’ve decided the go big or go home approach is for us .

Reactions: 90 Vol
As an aside, seems to me the old NCAA Football franchise that EA Sports had is an amazing NIL vehicle. I assume that is coming back with a vengeance???

It is supposedly coming back out In summer of '23. You can do a quick search and read about it. I have no idea how they are structuring the payments.

Dissension in the ranks.
There will be players on the same squad, shoulder to shoulder without these type of deals. Possibly no deals?
No different than anything else.
How many no name linemen in the NFL has a contract like Rogers got.
Certain skill positions are going to always make more and be the face of the team.
If you want some of that high dollar NIL then you're going to have to do something on the field to stand out.
Honestly I bet all the guys will have some form of NIL through Sprye that's probably getting them a min of $50K

That business structure doesn't make sense. If it did there would be a lot music artists without a following but still rich. It needs to be merit-based. If you haven't proven you can even start at the college level, you're not worth a million dollars.
Proven? It’s on the coaches to use the talent they recruit. 5 stars means that the player is prototype.

Potential is worth money now.

Now that it’s legal to pay scholarship athletes, I want our boosters to go on a spending spree.

Proven? It’s on the coaches to use the talent they recruit. 5 stars means that the player is prototype.

Potential is worth money now.

Now that it’s legal to pay scholarship athletes, I want our boosters to go on a spending spree.
It's on the player to live up to the potential. A player fresh out of high school isn't worth more than players in the league.

Reactions: feathersax
I wonder how the Jackson kid we signed in this last class feels about this?
Probably like he's going to have to step his gameup and get him some of those big bucks....
He's a 4* recruit and ranked in the 200s nationwide vs a 5* that's in the top 10 in the nation.
He knows how the game is played

It's on the player to live up to the potential. A player fresh out of high school isn't worth more than players in the league.

Shouldn’t be?

A player fresh out of College isn’t worth more than players in the NFL. Every year there’s plenty that make more than the Veterans.

It’s a free for all as long as it only involves incremental money. This it’s a tremendous amount of money being added to the pot. Just wait until the players start demanding money from the Athletic Budget. The clock is ticking on that money. 12 team playoff with new TV deals. The players are going to want some of those Billions.

Dissension in the ranks.
If the kid is smart, the big hogs blocking for him, will be eating like kings every night and at the very least, driving a decent used car with some phat rims and a bumping system.
GBO!!

If the kid is smart, the big hogs blocking for him, will be eating like kings every night and at the very least, driving a decent used car with some phat rims and a bumping system.
GBO!!
I’m expecting the boosters to take care of that crew too.

Shouldn’t be?

A player fresh out of College isn’t worth more than players in the NFL. Every year there’s plenty that make more than the Veterans.

It’s a free for all as long as it only involves incremental money. This it’s a tremendous amount of money being added to the pot. Just wait until the players start demanding money from the Athletic Budget. The clock is ticking on that money. 12 team playoff with new TV deals. The players are going to want some of those Billions.
Yeah and now high schoolers are getting paid more than NFL players to go to school somewhere. The school also pays their tuition, gives them connections, provides state of the art resources to get better at their craft (whether they take advantage of it or not), and provides them a platform to get noticed. My personal opinion is that it's not reasonable to pay that much for a HS recruit, but if everyone else is, might as well. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter what I think though.

Reactions: WestTnVFL971
No different than anything else.
How many no name linemen in the NFL has a contract like Rogers got.
Certain skill positions are going to always make more and be the face of the team.
If you want some of that high dollar NIL then you're going to have to do something on the field to stand out.
Honestly I bet all the guys will have some form of NIL through Sprye that's probably getting them a min of $50K
I was wondering who would be the first to post this.
In the NFL basically everyone's a millionaire.
That's quite a difference from a 8 mill college QB and a 50 k online man or 3rd string RB blocking for the 8million dollar kid who's done nothing yet.
At least Rodgers built his fortune over a period of years.
I see this as a haves and have nots issue that will devide teams.

I was wondering who would be the first to post this.
In the NFL basically everyone's a millionaire.
That's quite a difference from a 8 mill college QB and a 50 k online man or 3rd string RB blocking for the 8million dollar kid who's done nothing yet.
At least Rodgers built his fortune over a period of years.
I see this as a haves and have nots issue that will devide teams.
All those kids knew NIL was coming...If they can't get good or get a better agent then they can get gone...someone else will stop into their place.
How many players gave up on Bama when they were saying Bryce getting $1m in NIL last season

All those kids knew NIL was coming...If they can't get good, then they can get gone...someone else will stop into their place.
How many players gave up on Bama when they were saying Bryce getting $1m in NIL last season
It's early into this new dimension. Guess we'll see how this plays out in a few years.

Yeah and now high schoolers are getting paid more than NFL players to go to school somewhere. The school also pays their tuition, gives them connections, provides state of the art resources to get better at their craft (whether they take advantage of it or not), and provides them a platform to get noticed. My personal opinion is that it's not reasonable to pay that much for a HS recruit, but if everyone else is, might as well. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter what I think though.
I’ve got some kids coming up. I think this is the greatest. The hardest part will be keeping them academically eligible, out of jail, not addicted to drugs, out of Gambler’s Anonymous and going to Church on a regular basis.

There’s only 1 NC each year, this doesn’t seem sustainable with such low return on the investment. A&M won’t last a 5 years at this pace without something to show for it.

There’s a lot of work being a 5 star.

If I hit the big lottery, I would be glad to pay for a full class. Until then, I’m glad players are able to get paid by someone that can afford to.

It's early into this new dimension. Guess we'll see how this plays out in a few years.
CFB winds up breaking away from the NCAA and becoming something totally different than today with a college affiliation. The genie is out of the bottle, all players will have a min salary with skill positions and higher national ranked getting paid more

I have to admit, I don't even begin to understand your question. I went back and read the story. It sounds like he doesn't have to sign with a certain school to get the money. It does seem to read like he is expected to sign with a particular university, since the attorney who drafted the contract makes the comment that there is an element of trust between the player and a certain school. Contract also seems to imply that the "collective" can seek repayment of the money. So does that make the attorney the kids agent?
The way you describe it, it sounds like the boosters' (apparently called the "collective" in the contract) agent.

What would trigger repayment? If the athlete doesn't perform up to expectations? If the athlete signs with a school not approved by the "collective?"

Reactions: bigorangepoppa

VN Store

Back