Holly isn’t handling the termination well...

Did you not watch the players interview? Massengill was literally smiling talking about it. Players that didn’t want their coach fired tend to be upset, sometimes so much so that they all transfer. Those girls looked like it was Christmas morning.

I meant about addressing the players. Is it possible she was not allowed? Maybe she was so upset couldn’t.

I did see the interview. I have been watching what was happening in the huddle during games. It’s obvious things had gone toxic.

As far as what went down in PF’s office, only the people who were in the room (and God) know those details.

I hope the new coach is named soon. Then everyone will have something else to talk about. 😊

Exactly. She’s human and I think she’s earned the right to be upset and emotional. She has put in a lot of time, energy, and emotion into the Lady Vols. I’ve spent 14 years at my job and would not handle it well either if it was suddenly taken from me. Leave her be. Let her heal. And let’s move on.

I think a change was over due as much as anyone but not sure how this is her “not taking it well”

Of course she wanted to remain employed, at her dream job none the less... let’s lay off the poor lady and not harp on her misfortunes and mistakes and move on ourselves

Exactly.

I meant about addressing the players. Is it possible she was not allowed? Maybe she was so upset couldn’t.

I did see the interview. I have been watching what was happening in the huddle during games. It’s obvious things had gone toxic.

As far as what went down in PF’s office, only the people who were in the room (and God) know those details.

I hope the new coach is named soon. Then everyone will have something else to talk about. 😊

Why would the tweet, if true, make a point to inform everyone that she did not address the team if it had not been expected that she do so? The way I read that is that they expected her to speak to her team personally and instead she refused.

You are correct though, only she and PF know.

Reactions: glv98
Why would the tweet, if true, make a point to inform everyone that she did not address the team if it had not been expected that she do so? The way I read that is that they expected her to speak to her team personally and instead she refused.

It may come down to the fact that she blames the team for her dismissal and there is nothing more to say.....

I don’t know... I read it simply as she did not address the team... not that she had been expected to address them. I know that is the usual protocol... but is that just when a coach retires or steps down?

Who knows? I hope they announce the new coach as soon as the NCAAT is over.

Reactions: Ladyvolfan4ever
Maybe she did. Or not. In one of his columns about Holly's firing this week, John Adams repeated a story that's been raised but always dismissed around here. He said outright that Pat was reconsidering whether she might be able to coach another year but Dave Hart hired Holly instead. LOL as if that man/monster hadn't already done enough damage.

I'm looking forward to the book or movie coming out. Or even a 30 for 30. Apparently there was a whole lot more that went on behind the scenes the last 8 or 9 years than what we thought.

The undercurrent (gossip) at the time was Pat was forced out; insurance coverage was used as a lever. I have NO idea if there is ANY truth in that. But I always thought hart was an unethical jerk; and my opinion of cheek and that BOT is not much higher. I don’t have a very high opinion of John Adams either. Sheeeeesh. Maybe I just don’t like anybody 😟.

All that gossip aside, the situation did seem even more convoluted at the time than expected. The one thing I’m sure of, Holly loved Pat and hurt for her situation.

Yes, @T_Vol376 , I just contributed to gossip. 😔. But I always wondered.........would love to know (that’ll never happen...)

What’s concerning to me is this board regularly rated Jimmy Hymans a ________ (you fill in the blank). But when he puts something out that fits a slamfest suddenly he’s gospel truth. Not defending or endorsing anyone just pointing out obvious hypocrisy.

This is the truth... but it’s not surprising on here. I love when Hyams tweets something because I love to read the responses. Kinda mean, I know. 🤦🏼‍♀️

No doubt making sure to point out she didn't meet with the team exactly means its expected. Can't imagine a tweet released saying "she did not do the thing she was not expected to do".

Didn't know Hyams was considered anything around here, much less a blankety-blank. Adams yes, Hyams no. My thought on Hyams is to consider him a conduit for info the UTAD wants Vol fans to know. He does get inside info, but only carefully uses it as allowed. Not unreliable at all, just controlled.

No doubt making sure to point out she didn't meet with the team exactly means its expected. Can't imagine a tweet released saying "she did not do the thing she was not expected to do".

Didn't know Hyams was considered anything around here, much less a blankety-blank. Adams yes, Hyams no. My thought on Hyams is to consider him a conduit for info the UTAD wants Vol fans to know. He does get inside info, but only carefully uses it as allowed. Not unreliable at all, just controlled.
Phil Fulmer may have wanted the Tennessee fans to know how Holly acted after she was fired. To possibly make him look better and Holly Warlick look like a rude bitter person which she seems to be.

Phil Fulmer may have wanted the Tennessee fans to know how Holly acted after she was fired. To possibly make him look better and Holly Warlick look like a rude bitter person which she seems to be.
Or else Phil Fulmer is a rude bitter person who made up how Holly Warlick acted after she was fired to make himself look better. Betcha that's what the Maria Cult is saying right now. Because clearly this poor woman who just officially failed publicly in the job her beloved dying mentor handed down to her needs further beatdown.

Which is true? Would UTAD ever make a high profile hire/fire without such tawdry drama? Stay tuned! And ya'll want to know why we talk about this stuff!

Because everyone comes to an internet chat forum to keep their thoughts to themselves?

I know as well as anyone why message boards exist. However, there ARE times when it may be more wise to NOT say everything we’re thinking on a message board — just like we sometimes zip our mouths in real life conversations when we get the urge to speak an ugly truth out loud.

Yes, Holly has been fired. She’s gone, and now the AD is busy finding her successor. As one of the fans who was highly upset and disappointed when it was announced that Holly — whom I had less than zero confidence would be a competent head coach — would succeed Pat, I am beyond THRILLED that the Lady Vols will be getting a sharp-minded new basketball coach soon.

All that said, right now, while the eyes of thousands of curious outsiders are looking and reading and listening to what Lady Vols fans are saying and posting in response to recent happenings, is NOT the time to show off just how damn ugly we can get as a fanbase. No matter how justified we feel in ripping the former coach a new one and verbally setting her out forthe vultures to pick her bones clean, doing this surely doesn’t make any current candidates do anything but think, “Jesus! Those people are brutalizing a Lady Vol with a jersey in the rafters. What would they do to someone like ME?! DoI really want to place myself and my family into that ugliness?”

Eyes are on us. Do we really want to be those ugly vultures?

Or else Phil Fulmer is a rude bitter person who made up how Holly Warlick acted after she was fired to make himself look better. Betcha that's what the Maria Cult is saying right now. Because clearly this poor woman who just officially failed publicly in the job her beloved dying mentor handed down to her needs further beatdown.

Which is true? Would UTAD ever make a high profile hire/fire without such tawdry drama? Stay tuned! And ya'll want to know why we talk about this stuff!
It's a huge soap opera

I know as well as anyone why message boards exist. However, there ARE times when it may be more wise to NOT say everything we’re thinking on a message board — just like we sometimes zip our mouths in real life conversations when we get the urge to speak an ugly truth out loud.

Yes, Holly has been fired. She’s gone, and now the AD is busy finding her successor. As one of the fans who was highly upset and disappointed when it was announced that Holly — whom I had less than zero confidence would be a competent head coach — would succeed Pat, I am beyond THRILLED that the Lady Vols will be getting a sharp-minded new basketball coach soon.

All that said, right now, while the eyes of thousands of curious outsiders are looking and reading and listening to what Lady Vols fans are saying and posting in response to recent happenings, is NOT the time to show off just how damn ugly we can get as a fanbase. No matter how justified we feel in ripping the former coach a new one and verbally setting her out forthe vultures to pick her bones clean, doing this surely doesn’t make any current candidates do anything but think, “Jesus! Those people are brutalizing a Lady Vol with a jersey in the rafters. What would they do to someone like ME?! DoI really want to place myself and my family into that ugliness?”

Nice reminder, I can get carried away now and then. Especially after that last game when we had the lead and Holly allowed UCLA to go on an uninterrupted run to end the game and never called a time out. Hoping next season will be better for my blood pressure and mental health.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
During last night's UConn/UCLA game Kara Lawson mentioned that the UCLA coach had traveled several times to Storrs to watch UConn practice. On a couple of those trips she took her coaching staff. I wonder if HW had ever considered attending practices of teams that play a modern offense?
Surprising Geno would allow an opposing Coach to do that.

Does your halo light keep you awake at night?

Reactions: TenUhSee
Because everyone comes to an internet chat forum to keep their thoughts to themselves?

I'm intrigued by the oft-stated implication that the problems aren't the real problem, it's us talking about the problems that are the real danger. Same for the myth of recruits being run off by negative internet fan chatter. Keyboard warriors a bigger blight than a culture so rotten the fired coach can't even address her team? Know nothings babbling about players on-court shortcomings more damaging to recruiting than the sad parade of under-achieving careers of star recruits? Don't think so.

What made this thread worthy for me was that the tweet came from Hyams, meaning the content is something the AD wants us to know. I totally agree the backstage struggle implied is distasteful and unneccessary and would have been best avoided. Probably could have been if HW could have gone away quietly. Yet here we are.
She apparently did go away quietly, maybe without even speaking with the team, yet here we are.

During last night's UConn/UCLA game Kara Lawson mentioned that the UCLA coach had traveled several times to Storrs to watch UConn practice. On a couple of those trips she took her coaching staff. I wonder if HW had ever considered attending practices of teams that play a modern offense?

Pat did it, for the triangle offense, during the meek days.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Little sympathy for Holly.... why didn't she change up the offense once (at least visibly) in her tenure.... why didn't she sit in with other coaches and talk with them...

it was all about about hustle, and getting buckets .... and when she lost it was largely quick shooting and the other team wanting it more...

No grace to step aside.... and she wanted another year to do exactly the same thing...

talk with involves listening,,,talking at don't

...All that said, right now, while the eyes of thousands of curious outsiders are looking and reading and listening to what Lady Vols fans are saying and posting in response to recent happenings, is NOT the time to show off just how damn ugly we can get as a fanbase. No matter how justified we feel in ripping the former coach a new one and verbally setting her out forthe vultures to pick her bones clean, doing this surely doesn’t make any current candidates do anything but think, “Jesus! Those people are brutalizing a Lady Vol with a jersey in the rafters. What would they do to someone like ME?! DoI really want to place myself and my family into that ugliness?”

Pass me some shoulder

Reactions: cutiepie5

Oh good grief. This person is just trying to show some class and decorum. There is not a thing wrong with that. Holly is gone... none of this is here nor there. But by all means... carry on. I do realize that grown folks can do what they want. Hope I have raised classier, kinder humans.

Oh good grief. This person is just trying to show some class and decorum. There is not a thing wrong with that. Holly is gone... none of this is here nor there. But by all means... carry on. I do realize that grown folks can do what they want. Hope I have raised classier, kinder humans.

Reactions: brassie

VN Store

Back